on 24 January 2011
I'm a trucker, rufty-tufty guy (and all that macho-stuff!!) and this watch is clear & easy to read in a dark cab, especially so if you press the wider-knob to activate the Indiglo face-illumination (which is actually bright-enough to illuminate a small area (like a bed-side cabinet drawer) and it keeps good time with the (slightly loud) ticking mechanism. The strap is soft nylon webbing reinforced with sewn leather, but only obtainable by post from Timex at about £7.50, though mine seem to last about a year before the hole wears-out, it seems the "commando straps" (one-piece loop-through no pins) are dearer & less available (that said Timex themselves were cheaper than other suppliers for non-leather-reinforced non-genuine "it should fit mate" ones) Strap Length...9inches/ 23cm...measure your wrist, this is fine for a small adult wrist like mine, not any good for Popeye! Incidentally i've seen other comments across the range about short straps so 'Arnie' take note, phone the really helpful Kay's Watch Shop for advice first!! Anyway, i broke my winder knob off on a Merc 2343 air-dam, watch still going, just can't change the time so i need a new one before BST starts!
on 10 April 2011
Having wanted to buy a cheap watch for everyday use I looked for a reliable make. Timex have been regarded as good in the budget market. I read other reviews and one in particular said that it was a no nonsense wath with a large dial and a light for night time reading. This confirmed what I thought and went ahead. It basically is what I was expecting. It appears to be good value for money though I have to share a gripe with another reviewer. The strap is not too good and I'm sure it won't last too long. Overall a reasonable buy.
on 20 March 2013
I have owned 2 of these for over 10 years - probably longer: amazing battery life!
I got a spare one for backup as I travel a lot.
Ive used them for snorkelling, sailing, camping as well as normal everyday.
One of them was lost in the garden and buried for three months - dug up and still going and keeping perfect time.
The straps are a bit tatty due to the rough use but still hold them on my wrist: just had to improvise a 'belt tie'
when that bit finally gave way a few months back.
Everything comes to and end eventually and #1 was pronounced dead last week so I'm going to buy 2 more the same - every time I tried to but a 'better' watch it failed within months so, at the price, and for for reliability and longevity I think these are the best value watches going.
I've looked at the newer versions but I think this one nailed it for clarity and simplicity of design so I'm staying with what I know.
And now I have 2 beautiful new ones, perfectly packed and instantly delivered. May time keeping needs for at least the next 10 years sorted!
on 5 August 2011
Fantastic value. Wanted an easily readable, (eyes not as young as they used to be), cheap watch to replace the Casio analogue left at the gym. Has proved to be accurate to within a couple of seconds per month. I find the date display hard to read when in double digits, but my children can read it.
I expect to have to replace the strap within a year, however the watch itself seems pretty robust - no scuff marks or scratches after months of wear.
Backlight is excellent and easy to use.
Highly recommended.
on 16 January 2015
The watch is near indestructible but you do not want leather parts on an all-weather watch strap - soggy or what!
Let's have the old Nylon-ish watch straps back again and none of your 2-part straps with sprung pin connections - not right!
on 3 December 2014
I've had this watch for about two years and replaced the battery. The display light no longer functions but the watch itself has kept excellent time from new. Great little cheap watch!
on 5 February 2014
love timex a brilliant watch. recomend it to anyone, great value for a great watch. timex you cannot beat them.
on 10 February 2016
STill working, still ruggid, I like this
on 26 September 2014