on 4 August 2011
I bought this CD because Gino Vannelli came up as an Amazon suggestion for me as 'someone who has purchased products by Steely Dan'.

My big mistake; should have had a listen 1st: Believe me, if you love Steely Dan, you will totally hate this! Pure 80's sanitised schlock pop 'jazz' (although there is nothing 'jazz' about it that I can detect) in that sub-OAR American style, including the dreaded 'power' ballads. And yes, the picture on the front cover says all about the music. It's Brian May from Queen with a hairy chest (although I'd sooner even listen to Queen, at least they wrote memorable songs).

Out of the complete three CDs, I couldn't find one track that didn't make me nauseous. I will be taking it down the charity shop at the 1st opportunity, and will feel terrible about inflicting it on a future owner. Still, I guess you can always take a mallet to your CD player to ensure there's no risk of this ever being played in your presence again.

Bleurgh!!!