5.0 out of 5 stars stick with it!!
To those of you who have found this DVD hard - I really encourage you to stick with it! I too found some of the moves really difficult at first, but after a week or more of doing them, they were REALLY easy!! You just need to take the time to get them in the beginning. I can't even remember now which bits I found hard, because I find it all really simple now...
Published on 1 Aug 2008 by Lois Lane

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to follow
I found the moves very difficult to follow. To this day, after owning this for about 3 years now, I still haven't managed to complete the whole workout once yet, because I always give up half way through. If you like to dance your way fit, I would recommend you buy the Ministry of Sound's Pump It Up Workout instead.
Published on 11 May 2006 by homeexerciser

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to follow, 11 May 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars stick with it!!, 1 Aug 2008
This review is from: Get Up & Dance [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)

I've had this DVD for about five years. I have LOADS of workout DVDs I've bought before and after this one, and I work out 5-6 times a week, and this would have to be my all time favourite! I absolutely love it! Paula Abdul has such a great motivating attitude. Even when I'm really not in the mood to work out, if I put this one on, once I've started after a few minutes I'm right into it, and then before I know it I'm finished! And I feel so pleased with myself. And Paula's little words of encouragement are so motivating, and her attitude and the actual workout is really energising..

I cannot recommend this highly enough. I really like a few other DVD workouts - like Strictly Come Dancersize - which was SERIOUSLY hard to learn!!!! - took me quite a few weeks of sheer determination and effort!! I almost threw it out the window.. but even with that one although I enjoy it, it doesn't have a great warm up or abs workout so I do the warm up section and Abs and cool down sections from this DVD and just the dance segments from Strictly. and with the Strictly workout my ankles really hurt if I do that more than twice in a row. I also like Denise Austen's Fat Blasting Yoga workout which I generally do at that time of the month, when my body doesn't feel up to jumping around so much, but needs some nurturing..

I seriously have tried loads and I keep coming back to this one and never get bored with it.. I buy others just for a change and do those for a couple of months and then return to this one and love it all over again. I love it so much I decided I really should review it, so others can know how good it is. It's really great fun and a really thorough all over workout. Watch out for the YMCA bit - cause you won't want your neighbours watching you do that one! I used to close the curtains - I kid you not! but I just laugh now and if they see me, they see me. I'm having fun.. Well - that's my 2p's worth! 'o)

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard work, 28 Jun 2005
M. Everett "Dolly1" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Get Up & Dance [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
This DVD was such hard work! Difficult dance routines and lots of sit-ups! But once you got the hang of it, it was really fun to do. The big group of dancers really help teach you the moves and Paula is great at explaining everything.

Get Up & Dance [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]