5.0 out of 5 stars Try this raunchier, rockier side to the one and only P!nk!
Published on 26 Dec 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Tried and Tested!!!!
Pink has herself admitted this was rushed and she was tired and a bit nonchalant towards it and the record company wanted to capitalise on her success and for that reason its comendable that she came out wiith such a cohesive formula of straight forward skater pop but lacks the spark and personality of anything before or since but good effort.
Published on 6 Jan 2011 by Julia Havard

5.0 out of 5 stars Try this raunchier, rockier side to the one and only P!nk!, 26 Dec 2003
This review is from: Try This (Audio CD)
WEll, I have to say this is a thoroughly enjoyable album. I wasn't sure she would be able to make a comeback as successful as the classic 'M!ssundaztood'. This a harder, tougher P!nk, though there are some surprisingly good ballads too, especially 'love song'. The album starts with the catchy 'Trouble' track which is very enjoyable rocky pop. The rest of the album is a blur of harder rock than I've seen from P!nk yet, and lighter, softer tracks. One of the more noticeable tracks is 'Oh My God'- a callaboration with the elusive Peaches. Its a great start-to-the-party song, with some wicked gravelly vocals and sultry tunes.
Lastly, I would like to draw your attention to P!nks ballads which aren't really considered her strong point, but she really delivers them well, and her voice is supurb.
So basically, if you want to have a big pillow fight, or a little cry, some dancy numbers and some smooth sexy songs, 'try this' album, you might be pleasantly delighted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great album, 14 Feb 2004
This review is from: Try This [CD + DVD] (Audio CD)
If you liked Missundaztood, then you will definatly like this new CD. All the songs on here are great! I personally liked Missundaztood slightly better, but this album IS really good.
My favourite track on here is 'catch me while I'm sleeping', it's got a real feel-good thing about it, but 'feel good time' may start to get on your nerves after a while.
It has a nice mix of poppy and rock tunes. Pink is definatly the best female solo artist in the chart at the moment, so if your sick of Dido and whats-her-name..pop idol, I highly recomend this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Her best yet, 7 Jan 2004
This review is from: Try This (Audio CD)
I cant believe the number of bad reviews I've read for this album. As a fan of the original R&B Pink I felt a bit disappointed with her last album because I felt that 'Get The Party Started' was released as a method of getting the orignal fans to purchase the album when the rest of it was more pop-rock. I felt the balance between the two different styles was a little uneasy and as a result prefer this album as it seems as though Pink has decided to take one style only and run with it instead of trying to satisfy both crowds and satisfying neither as a result.
Both previous singles are excellent as is the next single 'God is a DJ'. Other excellent tracks are 'Humble Neighbourhood', 'Walk Away' and 'Try Too Hard'

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, a surprising album, 14 Dec 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Try This (CD + DVD) (Audio CD)
After listening to P!nk's first two albums I was eagerly anticipating the third. After hearing feel good time and trouble I looked forward to hearing the whole album. It exceeded my expectations completely and is a masterpiece! While combining some elements from Missundaztood but adding new ideas it gives Try This the element of rock,pop and punk that it is. I was surprised at some of the tracks as they were not what I had expected but after a few listens I was hooked. The DVD is great and altogether this is a fantastic album from P!nk! If you enjoyed her second or even first album I recomend that you Try This!

4.0 out of 5 stars Let's "Try This"..., 9 Jan 2004
This review is from: Try This (Audio CD)
She's done it again. How do you follow an album that sells 10 million copies worldwide? Like this... Although Try This is no M!ssundaztood, it is still a fantastic, must have album. Try This kicks off with "Trouble", which is a catchy pop-rock song, co-written by P!nk's new producer-friend Tim Armstrong (from Rancid, and also part of The Transplants), with loud drums (Travis Barker of Blink 182 fame), big guitars (Armstrong again) and memorable lyrics ("If you see me coming down the street, then you know it's time to go 'cause here comes trouble"). The album then moves onto second single, and just like M!ssundaztood's genre skipping, it sounds nothing like "Trouble", but this is no bad thing. This continues throughout the album, which stretches from pure pop ("God Is A DJ"), epic rock songs ("Waiting For Love"), spiky pop punk ("Try Too Hard") and even rap-rock ("Humble Neighborhoods"). The album's highlight is definitely "Love Song", however, Try This's closer (if you don't count hidden track, the profane and fabulous "Hooker") in which P!nk sings a beautiful tribute to (ex)boyfriend Carey Hart.
So, Try This is a fantastic, accomplished album. It doesn't vary as much as M!ssundaztood, but that doesn't really matter. It's a must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars how cool?!, 13 May 2004
This review is from: Try This (Audio CD)
This album is brilliant; honest. 'Save My Life' is easily the best track on here (I love songs that tell an actual story), along with number 11, and most of the other tracks. If you like Trouble, and God Is... then you have to have this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect album!, 31 May 2007
This review is from: Try This [CD + DVD] (Audio CD)
This is a classic album from P!nk!

CD

1. Trouble 5/5 - A great pop/rock song

2. God is a DJ - 5/5 - Really catchy song!

3. Last to Know - 5/5 - A really good dancy song - couldn't be better!

4. Tonight's the Night - 4/5 A really good song - but gets a bit boring

5. Oh My God - 3/5 - This song is OK, I suppose.

6. Catch Me While I'm Sleeping - 4/5 - A brilliant song - but gets a bit boring!

7. Waiting for Love - 3/5 - This song is good, I suppose.

8. Save my Life - 5/5 THE ULTIMATE SONG: THIS SONG SOUNDS LIKE IT WAS SUNG BY ANGELS - ALWAYS AND FOREVER MY FAVOURITE SONG ON THIS ALBUM

9.Try Too Hard - 4/5 - A really good song, I never skip this!

10. Humble Neighbourhoods - 5/5 - I really like this song!

11. Walk Away - 5/5 - I LOVE this song

12. Unwind - 3/5 - A bit boring in some parts, otherwise, good.

13. Feel Good Time - 5/5 - I LOVE this song so much!

14. Love Song - 5/5 - A PERFECT ballad, I have never skipped this!

15. Hooker (Hidden track) - 5/5 - My sister has this album, she never listens to Hooker, cause of the language. I always listen to it, happy to sing along and dance. Anyway, really dancy - forget the language!

DVD

1. Trouble (Video) - 5/5 - I love this video. P!nk rides on a horse, and causes trouble wherever she goes.

2. Interview - 5/5 - An interview with P!nk - telling us what it was like to make the songs, make the album etc.

3. Exclusive Behind-The-Scenes Footage - 3/5 Behind the Scenes with P!nk's video "Trouble" Sometimes gets boring.

4. Photo Gallery - 5/5 - A option to have a quick flick through P!nk's pix. You are able to see the pictures of P!nk during the filming of this album.

5. Lyrics - 5/5 - Have a go at being a superstar like P!nk!

There it is, the classic album.

If you do not own this, you have to buy it!

******TIP: IF YOU WANT MORE TO ENTERTAIN YOU, BUY THE CD + DVD VERSION******

5.0 out of 5 stars u have to try this album, 5 Jan 2004
This review is from: Try This [CD + DVD] (Audio CD)
This album is the best of Pink's so far. The songs are fantastic and the lyrics are as mind blowing as ever. Easily one of the best writers of our generation. If you are in two minds wheather to buy this album just buy it you won't regret it. It has a mixture of tracks on as did misunderstood. Oh My God, God Is a GJ, Catch me while I'm sleeping, love song, walk away, unwind and try too hard are the best of the tracks but all are brilliant no other artists has an album full of great songs u'll never skip a song.

5.0 out of 5 stars wicked!!, 12 Jan 2004
This review is from: Try This (Audio CD)
I've never bought an album by Pink before, so I was quite surprised that this album had some slower tracks. I really loved all the deeper tracks, with more to them, and I wonder why pink doesn't release the slower ones, because the only slow shes released is Family Portrait, but I liked these songs much better. However, its not all slow songs, there's also loads of tracks to get you out of bed in the mornings.
'Try this' really exceeded my (high) expectations, I LOVED it and I don't doubt that it will stay in my CD player for a long while yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars another fantastic cd from pink, 8 Sep 2005
This review is from: Try This (Audio CD)
I can't emphasise enough how great this album is. With hits like Trouble combined with lesser-known album tracks like Walk Away which could easily have been hit singles, this album is packed with gems from start to finish. It doesn't tail off towards the end - in fact it probably improves. Feel Good Time, Walk Away, Unwind, Trouble and Try Too Hard are probably the stand-outs of the album for me. Even though it's a bit old now, the songs never become boring and never seem out of date.

Try This
Try This by P!nk (Audio CD - 2003)