5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in every way! Buy this single!
Published on 14 Oct 2003 by rob_quinn

1.0 out of 5 stars wrong vinyl
you are showing a picture vinyl the one i got was a plain vinyl by witch i mean no picture on it at all
Published on 22 April 2012 by doogle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in every way! Buy this single!, 14 Oct 2003
This review is from: Slow [CD 1] (Audio CD)
When I first heard 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head' I thought it sounded a step back for her. It didn't hit me at all had to grow on me over a period of time. I expected 'Slow' to have the same effect but it didn't. Infact, it hit me with a blast. More than any other song I had heard for the first time in her career. It is so wonderfully different, refreshing and has a great beat to it. Kylie's vocals suit the song perfectly. I am so pleased that she has impressed me again. I can't really think of anything bad to say about it. Buy this single and help Kylie to achieve her well deserved 7th UK number one!

5.0 out of 5 stars If a "Top Fifty" Review hates it..It HAS to be good!, 26 Dec 2003
This review is from: Slow [CD 1] (Audio CD)
Its seems that the categoric pigeonholing of a high caliber artist is the rule of the day today, and when that artist changes, goes forward, and grows, those very same who are against and maybe fearful of change resist and bark platitudes of woe and call others mindless as they look down at us.
"Slow" continues the evolution of this fine artist, and shows the rapid changes she has gone through. From 'I Should Be So Lucky" ,to the experimental period, (boy, the "indie label" top critics loved her since her sales dropped), to the Dance Era, (the same critics hated the 6+ rapid number ones- if the population loved it it must tbe bad right?), to this.
"Slow" is great, its different. The CD Singles are well worth it, and the album is also.
Buy it because YOU like it. Music is an art form, not a librarians file system. I am sure you will enjoy it. Just an opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars "SO ELECTRIC!", 16 Oct 2003
This review is from: Slow [CD 1] (Audio CD)
I was quite confused 'bout this song's bad reviews. When I first read those reviews I really thought the song would be "slow and boooring", but after seeing its cool music video at kylie.com I really changed my mind. Even though I'm Kylie-fan I still can criticize music commonly. "Slow" is the one of the coolest songs I've ever heard before; it has a catchy beat and an interesting electric melody that reminds me of the beginning of GBI (German Bold Italic). I think Kylie has taken one step further in her music. She has succeeded in modernizing her genre into present time. Just listen to this sensational song's groovy melody and feel how it twists your body!

5.0 out of 5 stars Will Generation K be Slow in catching the cutting edge?, 7 Oct 2003
This review is from: Slow [CD 1] (Audio CD)
This new offering from Ms. Minogue has well and truely split her fan base. Go on any dedicated Kylie Forum and you will read heated debates for and against her new single, "Slow". Many have heralded it as a peice of pure triumph for the petite pop diva, while others have been all too quick to trash her. But wait, hold on people. Let's take this 'slow'ly and one step at a time. Upon first listen, you would be quite expected to not care for this record. After all, it does not conform to any of the pop song conventions Kylie is famously known and loved for. It is, however a natural progression for her following the uber-stylised phase of "Fever". Yes, there were some class-A pop songs from that album and the whole concept dripped style and the ultra cool, but as a peice of music the album "Fever" didn't really stand on its own too well. One might say it was all a bit too filler and not enough killer. Well, it appears Kylie has moved away from either the killer or the filler and decided upon what appears, artistically, to be a very personal track for her. This song is slow in every way. It is a distinct grower. Unlike anything else Kylie has done before it truely elevates her to the platform of credible and serious, yet she has held onto what makes her fun - sex appeal. This song is the most naturally mature offering Kylie has made yet. Past ventures have often oozed desperation to be taken seriously and lacked clarity, often resulting in a cynicism about her from the general public. However, what few realise is that these past 'discrepancies' have all been a natural artistic process. Although not a radio friendly record, thanks to Kylie's breathy vocals, "Slow" will find you unable to fight the urge of grabbing your better half and getting on down to some seriously sensual loving (or maybe just with yourself!). This track is more erotic than "Erotica", and you would be a fool to dismiss it on first hearing. Don't be 'slow' to catch onto "Slow". It's a classic in the making.

5.0 out of 5 stars What are they talking about?, 25 Oct 2003
Ricardo Rivera "locotek" (The Bronx, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slow [CD 1] (Audio CD)
This song has got to be the coolest little tune Kylie has given me in a long while. It is so simple it hurts. What is most fabulous about slow is her vocals. There are no voice tricks just her singing over this electronic beat that barely has a melody but it surely rocks. I hope it is not messed up by those oh so famous remixers. kylie you rock my world girl.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classy comeback, 15 Oct 2003
This review is from: Slow [CD 1] (Audio CD)
Slow's a grower. It's not really the "big" comeback singe anyone would expect from Kylie after her phonomenal success with the Fever singles, but still, it is a very classy song that succeeds in pushing a few buttons and talking you into "come on and dance with me". Yeah, I wish!

5.0 out of 5 stars FINE!!!!New and fresh, different from the conventional pop, 14 Oct 2003
This review is from: Slow [CD 1] (Audio CD)
First of all, I have to say I am a big fan of Kylie but I can be objective. After the maserpiece Fever, the expetection for the new Kylie'material was enormous. At the beginning, when I listened to this song, like the other big fans I was surprised and also shocked, what has Kylie done? flat electric beats, not a particular elaborated arrangement and so on. Indeed, after some times I have to admit that Kylie is always right, this track is genia and it is the best choice the new singlel!!! it is directed for the clubs but you can play as much as you can on your CD player and you will never be tired. It is so hypnotizing, catchy, sexy and new even more than CGYOOMH. This song will not infect you immediately but afterwards, it will go straight to N.1. Well done Kylie, you are the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Minimal, Hypnotic and Sultry, 14 Oct 2003
This review is from: Slow [CD 1] (Audio CD)
Legions of Kylie fans were hoping that for her new record, the diminutive diva would progress from the sounds that marked her successful comeback in "Light Years" and the catchy hooks that sealed her status as a pop phenomenon in "Fever". I'm certain we were all crossing our fingers that our Aussie princess would attempt no hilarious R&B effort, but stick to her sure-fire electro pop formula which has ensured her huge success thus far... And these are EXACTLY what she has fulfilled on this track! So in in my opinion, this single does not disappoint. It has to be added that the video for this song is BRILLIANT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool, Minimal & Sultry, 14 Oct 2003
This review is from: Slow [CD 1] (Audio CD)
Many were hoping that Kylie would progress from the sounds of Light Years & Fever, and at the same time, keep that electro pop sound that marked her successful comeback in "Light Years" and establish her as a pop phenomenon in "Fever"... And that is EXACTLY what she has done. So in my opinion, this track does not disappoint. Sure, it isnt as instantly catchy as the massive "Can't Get You Out Of My Head". But really, if she came back with a new track sounding like that, it really would be bloody boring. Wouldn't it? The video, it has to be said, is simply a masterpeice.

5.0 out of 5 stars A new song and a new sound, 28 Oct 2003
Scott Warren (St. Louis, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slow [CD 1] (Audio CD)
Just as Madonna's "Music" was a fresh sound, so too is her successor Kylie's "Slow." Stripped to the essential groove and beats , the song builds and drops with Kylie's amazing breathy voice left for you to focus on. This song is a true triumph and a testament to Kylie's talent. She could have very easily just released "I Can't Get You out of My Head" Pt. 2 and had another huge world-wide hit. But instead, she broke new ground and challenged her fans and the world to keep up the pace. BRAVO!! I don't think this song will be as big a hit for Kylie in America, but it sure deserves to be.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Slow [CD 1]
Slow [CD 1] by Kylie Minogue (Audio CD - 2003)