5.0 out of 5 stars Poop Poop, a wonderful film!
I just love this film, whenever I am down I put it on. At first I had the video (OK first I saw it at the cinema then I got the video) and it is running out and so was overjoyed to find that it is out on DVD. Now if you are looking for a faithful rendition of the Wind in the Willows story you may be a little disappointed. But if you just wish to see the tale with a new...
Published on 21 Dec 2002 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Minor warning, incorrect advertising
I live in the US, and ordered this version from Amazon UK because the PAL Region 2 version was advertised here as anamorphic widescreen (I have an all region DVD player with a HD TV). It is NOT anamorphic, just letterboxed widescreen, thus the picture quality is compromised on a HD TV. It is a good quality transfer to DVD, but I was disappointed as I expected much...
Published on 10 April 2007 by jon

4.0 out of 5 stars good movie, 2 Mar 2014
This movie is great for a rainy afternoon entertainment. Its funny and not heavy so it should scare the little ones, overall great for children and good for adults who enjoy an afternoon nap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny movie for all, 2 Nov 2013
This film I remember seeing when I was a young girl and absolutely loved it and was happy to find it on DVD.
And it is still as funny as I remeber, the best adaptation of the tale to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wind in the willows dvd, 28 Sep 2013
Excellent, Funny enough for adults as well as children, the dvd brings back childhood memories, Very Good DVD Many Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 27 April 2013
R. Y. Otto - See all my reviews
excellent entertainment for all ages. good value. i would recommend this product as is funny and keep the children happy in a rainy day, when they cannot go out.

5.0 out of 5 stars TEA-TIME!, 12 July 2010
I LOVE this film! It is so brilliant, the characters are cast precisely how you would imagine them to be. It is so bright and colourful, with whimsical surroundings and hilarious song and dance numbers! Great for all the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars never heard of this.., 25 Sep 2009
Bit dissapointed to see actors with no costumes on at first but within minutes i realised i was watching an absolute classic.I never heard of this film on release ,i stumbled across it by accident on the internet.It is a must for Monty Python freaks and people of normal mentality also..My 6 year old loves it my girlfriend also,my gran,my dog,my mum,my dad,my nx door neighbour,my pet african land snails,my pen pal in peru,the bloke up the shop and the man from del monte he say yeah!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Poop poop, poop poop........poop, 14 Aug 2009
Mr. D. W. Holbrook (Brisbane) - See all my reviews
Not quite a literal reproduction of the original story, and as long as you don't for some reason expect that - this is a very entertaining, splendiferous and funny film. Leaves a summer flavour in the memory bank...

This is a review of the 1996 film directed and re-written by Terry Gilliam.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the Worst, 12 Sep 2014
Not as good as the original cartoons with Rik Mayall and Michael Gambon, but also not as bad as the other live action movie with Matt Lucas, in short, not the best, but not the worst!

5.0 out of 5 stars A British classic, 17 Aug 2014
A really good film done in a way only this cast can. I remember sitting with my daughters who enjoyed it as young girls of 6 and 8 and now into late 20s still love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a good film, be careful with younger viewers they may ..., 7 Aug 2014
J. Staniford - See all my reviews
This is a good film, be careful with younger viewers they may find the weasels antics too much, our older children watch it often

Mr Toad's Wild Ride [DVD] [1996] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]