5.0 out of 5 stars Poop Poop, a wonderful film!
Published on 21 Dec 2002 by AY War Horse

2.0 out of 5 stars didnt know
as monty python fan club president I collect all things featuring any of the pythons, but this is another sideshow that some of the pythons clearly did to earn some money, it is a feeble story, and the cameos or character done by mp members are boring, childish. needed this to complete my collection but it sure isnt a masterpiece
Published 2 months ago by Christophe Letzer

5.0 out of 5 stars Poop Poop, a wonderful film!, 21 Dec 2002
AY War Horse "angemoon" (Near York, England, UK) - See all my reviews
I just love this film, whenever I am down I put it on. At first I had the video (OK first I saw it at the cinema then I got the video) and it is running out and so was overjoyed to find that it is out on DVD. Now if you are looking for a faithful rendition of the Wind in the Willows story you may be a little disappointed. But if you just wish to see the tale with a new and comical twist then this is great film. Only downside is that badger is not fierce enough! But toad is gloriously pompous and Ratty is ever loving his river. The extra features are great especialy the part where you can sing along to 4 of the songs, the Weasels song, toads song, Ratty on the river and the charming song the Badger, Mole, Rat and Toad sing in friendship. The sad thing is that there is no sing-along for the end title tune which I also love.
I would not be without a copy of this film in my house because it is very funny and always cheers me up. I would hope that it will do the same for anyone who buys and or watches this film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wind in the Willows DVD, 24 Mar 2003
By A Customer
A fair effort at portraying the classic story and very true to the book. This DVD is fantastic for kids simply because of its special features sing-a-long section, it keeps them amused for hours.

4.0 out of 5 stars good fun, 4 Jun 2002
this is a good version of a classic tale. the use of real actors adds a real element of acting. it does alter the story in minor ways, but captures the essence of the book. the singing is remeniscent of frederick ashton's ballet version of "the tales of beatrix potter". there are some very good cameo acting roles- watch out for the chief weasel! good fun

5.0 out of 5 stars The best adaptation by far...And my Childhood Film!!, 24 Nov 2011
I have never read the book of The Wind in the Willows and I never really liked the 80's version of this film but this film just made my childhood and is the best adaptation of the film by far!!

The story involves Mr Toad and his latest craze of motorcars (he has many crazes), the first one is revealed when Ratty and Mole arrive at Toad Hall as boating which has been dumped, secondly Caravaning which doesn't last long and finally Motor Cars which he constantly crashes and the evil Weasels make up a plan to take Toad Hall and make it into a Dog Food Factory.

I would recommend this film to your children and any young kids because it is a brilliant and fun adaptation of Kenneth Graham's classic book and in opinion the best so far. There are some great guest stars and cast including some members of Monty Python.

Eric Idle Plays Ratty

Steve Coogan as a terrific Mole
Nicol Williamson as the grumpy Badger
Anthony Sher as a brilliant evil Chief Weasel
Stephen Fry as The Judge

The film features five great songs:

Messing About on the River
Secret of Survival (Weasels Villian Song)
Mr Toad's Song
Riverbank Song
Miracle of Friends (Shows the releationship of friends & it plays through the end credits)

As well as a brilliant film, an amazing cast & excellent songs there are also some decent extras for the money which you wouldn't find on many dvd's these days.

DVD Extras:
Sing-a-long Feature. (Sing along to all four songs in the film except Miracle of Friends which is slightly disappointing)
Originsl Theatre Trailer
Sketch to Screen Featurette with Commentary
Go Wild In The Country: The Making of The Wind In The Willows (A behind the scenes featurette on the film which is very interesting and it runs for 25 mins, only downside is the annoying frame around the feature, although it can easily be resolved by zooming in the aspect if you have a 16:9 TV!)
Photo Gallery ( A few pictures from the filming of the film)
Director's Commentary (An interesting commentary by Director Terry Jones and there is some good information explained about the film throughout)

I am giving the film five stars for the amazing film and cast and what it made of my childhood. I am still happy to watch it. I would really recommend buying for young kids or Grandchildren as I really think they would enjoy it as much as I did!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Wind in the Willows yet, 3 Dec 2006
Ms. Elizabeth Raven-hill "Biff" (Peterborough United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
We have three different versions of this classic story. We read the book to our children first and then showed them the film. The script is witty, intelligent and reflects the book beautifully. The story is true to the book up to a point but there are some lovely Jonesian touches which are so funny and well done that you can completely forgive him altering part of the story. "Is it really such a nasty world?" "Oh yes,a very nasty world!" has become a family catch phrase. My husband would like one of the Weasels' coats.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wind in the Willows - delightful film, 27 Feb 2006
J. Sims "bin crazy" (Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I found the film very entertaining for both adults and children. There are lots of clever and interesting things to observe and it's quite delightful. The acting is superb and it's great to see the Wind in the Willows acted by real actors. There are so many famous faces in this film - all excellent comedians - and many from Monty Python days. What a pity it didn't actually go on general release to cinemas - a treat the general public missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, not just for children but for everyone, 10 Dec 2000
By A Customer
The Wind in the Willows is based on the well known childrens book by Kenneth Grahame. Terry Jones changed the story around a bit and created a funny story. If you ever read the book and liked it or if you enjoy other movies by Terry Jones you will love this movie. The story is basically, Mr. Toad spends all his money on motorcars. The evil Weasels notice this and plan to make him sell Toad Hall to them. Toad's friends Ratty, Mole and Badger try to prevent this from happening. I definitely recommend this movie to you and I hope this review was helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars good movie, 2 Mar 2014
This movie is great for a rainy afternoon entertainment. Its funny and not heavy so it should scare the little ones, overall great for children and good for adults who enjoy an afternoon nap.

2.0 out of 5 stars didnt know, 26 Jan 2014
Christophe Letzer "Wizard of Kalmthout" (Kalmthout, Belgium) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny movie for all, 2 Nov 2013
This film I remember seeing when I was a young girl and absolutely loved it and was happy to find it on DVD.
And it is still as funny as I remeber, the best adaptation of the tale to date.

ARRAY(0xa8f865d0)