5.0 out of 5 stars Thuroughly Enjoyable, 13 Aug 2009
A. Williams (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mitch All Together (Audio CD)
I stumbled upon Mitch whilst looking for random stand-up videos on youtube in the midst of extreme bordem at my old job. I think his style of comedy is definately an aquired taste, one which suits my taste-buds well.

So I looked Mitch up on Wikipedia, and was saddened to learn that I had discovered him after his death. So I simply ran a search for him here on Amazon, and then bought this CD/DVD in the need to see more of his work.

For me, both the CD and DVD are thuroughly enjoyable. The CD is great as I can just sit back and listen to the obcure world view he portrayed and laugh my face off. Some people have said that the DVD is awkward as the audience don't really get him, but that doesn't really hinder my enjoyment of the show at all. I can just laugh at his jokes and ignore the audience reaction.

The interesting thing about the DVD is that it contains a TV-edit version, and the full length, uncut version. The reason why this is interesting is because you can see how they have attempted to edit down the show to make it seem as though the audience were 'getting' him more than they actually were. The full length version cracks me up, in the way he deals with the audience, and how he starts to figure out what makes them tick. There's also a softer side to his performance here, as you can clearly read that he is self conscious.

If you are a fan of Mitch, you should definately get this. You won't be disapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gone but never forgotten, 27 Jun 2005
This review is from: Mitch All Together (Audio CD)
There are so many people in this world who don't deserve to die, especially so young. Mitch Hedberg was one of those people. In his comedy he mocked only himself; it was never offensive, never crude, never nasty. He seemed to love life so much and looked at the world with the innocence of a child. I only wish there were more like him.
I can't describe his comdey style, I would never do it justice. Just do yourself a favor and buy this CD. Have a genius take you on a sureal journeys around his twisted life.
Next time you find the roaches have moved out and you have a Koala infestation, you'll know how to handle it.

4.0 out of 5 stars CD Heaven, DVD Hell, 29 Oct 2007
This review is from: Mitch All Together (Audio CD)
Such a gentle, funny man. I would've given this package 5 stars if the DVD was half as good as the CD, but I found it painful to watch. Most of the audience clearly don't get him (as another reviewer said, you either do or you don't) and he basically bombs.

The CD, though, is sublime. I will never again look at a duck, or walk past a Subway, without smiling and feeling sad that he's gone. I'm glad he was here for a while to share his unique and gently skewed point of view.

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll never look at escalators the same way again, 28 Sep 2007
This review is from: Mitch All Together (Audio CD)
The first I knew about Hedberg was his reported death on a fellow comedian's site - I jumped on the net, and a day later I had ordered everything he has ever done, and found all the latest bootlegs of his college gigs in the US.

He is comedy gold.

He's better than your dad.

Just buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars As Funny As It Gets, 8 Feb 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Mitch All Together (Audio CD)
Mitch Hedberg is probably the most underrated comedian alive. Everything he says is hilarious. You either get him, or you don't. For those of you who do, buy the CD. For those of you who don't, may God help you. :)

Mitch All Together
Mitch All Together by Mitch Hedberg (Audio CD - 2008)