5.0 out of 5 stars December
I am an avid Moody Blues fan and bought this album last Christmas. I have since bought another copy for my wife. Like many other fans, I wasn't sure just how they would handle Christmas songs but I needn't have worried. They give every song their own unique, professional treatment and have such restful voices. I love this album and particularly December Snow, which I...
Published on 5 Dec 2007 by Ian Halliday

1.0 out of 5 stars Hayward and Lodge hit rock bottom
For a band that made a string of wonderful, classic albums in the late sixties and early seventies, and some pretty good stuff subsequently, this release shows how far they have lost their way. While the sound quality is sparkling, of the few original songs, only Justin Hayward's December Snow is worthy of inclusion on a Moody Blues album. The other originals are poor...
Published on 14 July 2005 by DJQ

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars December by the Moody Blues, 28 Jan 2010
This review is from: December (Audio CD)
Excellent service once again from Amazon even when I ordered on Christmas day and when I had a problem someone was there on Christmas day to deal with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Send a message to the band - do not purchase this, 27 Nov 2003
TrippingOverGod (Epsom, Surrey, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: December (Audio CD)
King Crimson, having reinvented themselves for the thousandth time, release an album acclaimed by fans and critics alike as one of their best (2003's The Power To Believe) and tour America with Tool, introducing their music to a whole new generation.
Peter Gabriel, following a break of almost equal length to the Moodies own, releases an album that not only stands up to his past work but actually is preferred by a huge majority of fans (2002's Up) and tours the world with one of the most critically acclaimed stage shows ever concieved.
Yes, having been reduced to a 4 piece for the first time in their 35 year career and no longer bothering with a keyboard player (an element many would have said was vital to the Yes sound) write and record an album that many say is their best since the early 70s (2001's Magnification).
The Moody Blues release a Christmas album.
Said album is immediately packaged with yet another compilation in a package where the COMPILATION is actually the main product in every country except America.
This is a depressing release. Only "December Snow" shows Hayward's impeccable songwriting ability - all the other new material is just Moody Blues By Numbers. There's a flute solo, but what's the point if it's not Ray Thomas? What is the point of this release?
Ultimately that's the problem. Unlike their old contemporaries above, The Moody Blues have nothing left to say. I hope and pray that they can pull one last good album out of their collective hats. It would be a terrible shame if this was the end of a journey that was so creatively fruitful in it's early days that they made SEVEN classic progressive rock albums in SIX years.
Avoid.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful album, 14 Dec 2004
K. J. Walker "T Walker" (Derby, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: December (Audio CD)
Having taken the plunge and bought this, I found that I had to keep playing it!
Just relax and listen to some new songs, some standards and to some you liked by somebody else but have never bought.

1.0 out of 5 stars Frost Bitten, 9 Nov 2012
This review is from: December (Audio CD)
Oh dear. I avoided buying this album, until an opportunity came to pick it up at a record fair, as it was the only Moody Blues album I didn't have.I did give it a chance and listened to it three times-once in shock, once in sheer disbelief and once to see where the jokes was.I never thought I would see the day where I compared a Moody Blues cover version of a David Essex song (Winter's Tale) to the original, and the Magnificent Moodies come off second. One for completists only, I'm afraid.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

December
December by The Moody Blues (Audio CD - 2004)