5.0 out of 5 stars quirky and courageous..., 26 July 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone? (Audio CD)
An ode to the concept album with notions of dying and ghosts this is a most unusual record which draws you in with it's overwhelming sense of charisma.
'Who will cut our hair when we're gone?' is the kind of record that you'd buy because of it's cool artwork and odd name and it certainly doesn't let you down on first listen. If you like your music lo-fi with a huge dollop of originality then The Unicorns are very much for you. It's got all the pop sensibilities you'd need with an eclectic edge that makes you want to leap around your bedroom in your underwear. Not only this but their lyrics make for hours of amusement, what with the self referential 'i was born a unicorn' or the the outro to the adorable 'child star'.
Indeed, this album has everything. It's catchy, yet incorporates unusual bleeps and clatters coming at you from every which way. There's a heartwarming sense of true love that's gone into the album in it's entirety, you'd simply be mad to pass it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the version I wanted., 14 Oct. 2014
I have given this a 5 star review because I've always loved this album, but be warned, I bought this under the impression that I was buying the vinyl version of the album as the page for this product was titled "Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone [VINYL]", Now I'm not too annoyed as, quite frankly I suspected something was not quite right by the fact that I was paying £10 for a reasonably hard to find vinyl, and I've never owned the CD anyway. Just giving caution to those under the impression that they are getting the vinyl for a tenner, it's just the CD version.

Oh and yes, the album is incredible, buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique, 25 Sept. 2008
Steven Roberts (Manchester,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone? (Audio CD)
My 2 favourite records of this decade so far were both released in 2004 by Canadian bands. Arcade Fire's LP got most of the plaudits and it is a brilliant emotional record but The Unicorns only LP (sigh) is equally amazin in a totally different way. There is so much going on here, they cram more ideas into one song than some bands have in their careers and the songs are so catchy even on 1st listen. I played this record so much when it was first released and never really got bored and it still sounds fantastic today.

The fact that hardly anyone knows who The Unicorns are still today just makes the record more special for those of us who love it. I think WWCOHWWG will be one of those albums that in 20 years people will mention as a lost classic.

Genius

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow..., 30 Aug. 2007
H. Sugden - See all my reviews
Well..I really love this album. Not only is the music fresh and quirky, the CD case has some adorable art on it and it looks real personal. Each track is different and unlike everything in the shops. Plus, each song is quite short so they don't drag on like some songs do. There is little repetition, so if like me you can get bored of songs and albums easily this is a really great addition to any CD collection!
I really love this album..My favourite to be honest!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Unicorns!, 23 July 2012
M. Joergensen (Denmark) - See all my reviews
I have been wanting to buy this album for years and finally did a few days ago. If you like some quirkiness in your music and some catchy melodies, I would definitely recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone? (Audio CD)
my daughter thought this was a really good present

5.0 out of 5 stars The unicorns, they're more than horses, 13 July 2005
this is a really ace album. if you're fed up with all the same old NME type stuff that's about at the moment then this is for you. it's quirky, original and weird and will definitely make you smile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canada will conquer!, 23 Feb. 2005
What is going on with these canadian bands? They seem to be ahead of everyone in the world of clever-pop music! Like Broken Social Scene, the Unicorns are here to establish a new kind of cool and fresh pop. Highly recommended....

5.0 out of 5 stars Jelly good, 16 Mar. 2005
This is a brilliant little album. Every song is unique and querky. A magical journey which literally takes you from fearing death to feeling ready to die. Really accessible to any new listener and a good investment. Gets better the more times you listen to it.

Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone?
Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone? by The Unicorns (Audio CD - 2003)