4.0 out of 5 stars pagan goth
This was a treat to myself for Samhain, and so that I could hear the new material before seeing the band at Witchfest 03. Its a good album, and even my metaller partner liked it! I particularly liked the first track "Hecate, Cerridwyn", and "Vampire Punk Rockers from Hell" . Although a little formulaic in places its worth the pennies.
Published on 21 Oct 2003 by C. Barber

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmm...
Published on 19 Mar 2005 by Andy

4.0 out of 5 stars pagan goth, 21 Oct 2003
C. Barber - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beast With Two Backs (Audio CD)

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmm..., 19 Mar 2005
This review is from: Beast With Two Backs (Audio CD)
Ok, I'm going to put the bad points first then the good ones. I like Inkubus Sukkubus, however the technical production on this CD is not the best I've heard! It picks up about half way through though, so be patient. There seems to be a lack of low and high end throughout the CD, and the cheesy synth started to piss me off after the first few songs. They also seem to suffer from the far too common mistake of mixing the instruments, then trying to sit the vocals on top of the rest of the music.
On the plus side, the vocals are damn good! Candia is a brilliant singer, and the vocal layering works really well. 'Vampire Punk Rockers from Hell' sticks out as one of the best songs I've heard in a while, as does 'She is Gone'. The whole album feels infused with energy, and there are a lot of great songs on there. If you're into Inkubus sukkubus, go buy this CD!

Beast With Two Backs
Beast With Two Backs by Inkubus Sukkubus (Audio CD - 2003)
Click for more info
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available