Colour: VolcanicChange

on 12 December 2014
Great item. To all potential buyers, remember the material of this item is cast iron so you'll need to use it differently to other cookware in order to get the most out of it. A few points:

- Condition it before using; drizzle some sunflower oil into the pan, wipe around with kitchen towel, place upside down in an oven on a baking sheet (to catch drips) and leave for 2 hours on 200C heat

- Always cook on lower heat settings and always pre-heat the pan for a few minutes before use (cast iron is dense and takes time to warm up) - this is particularly important for eggs/omelettes, which this pan is made for.

- Don't put your cast iron in the dishwasher! Instead, wipe down with a dishcloth and some warm water once the pan has cooled down after use (don't throw into a sink of cold water immediately after using as the temperature difference will warp the pan).

I've been using this pan for a few weeks now and couldn't be happier. Use it right, look after it, and you'll never have to buy another one in your life.
on 20 January 2013
Brilliant size for what I bought it for, strangly enough yes, omelettes!!! I had bought a previous one from ebay, sadly it arrived and would not look out of place in a dolls house, very cute, but completely impractical, so I ordered this one.

Good price as always from Amazon, with swift delivery. I have a prime account and it really has paid dividends. Despite the snow covering the UK (except us down here in Cornwall, we are not jealous at all,) this item arrived next day. I commend Amazon and City Link and DPD and UPS (I ordered three items, all delivered by different couriers on Friday,) as not one item was delayed, despite them warning me they might be.

Maintains a good heat, and like all my collection, I have found with Le Creuset cast iron it is saving on my gas bill, as I don't need to have the hob on such a high heat and if I do, that is when stuff tends to get burnt.

My collection is a mixture of colours and this Graded Blue goes perfectly with my Cobalt Blue saucepans, Cassis casserole dishes and one large Teal casserole dish.

As with all Le Creuset do not use metal utensils with these items, especially this non stick, as it will damage it. They also recommend that you 'season' their non stick items.

Good warranty offered on these, not the same lifetime warranty as the cast iron/enamel, but still longer than most companys offer.

This isn't too heavy. I have a 26cm fryer which is reasonably heavy, but thankfully this one isn't. Sadly i'd like to also have their griddle pan, but it is just a ridiculous weight.

Definitely worth buying.
on 5 July 2004

Diameter (Approximate, based on my own):

* Top : 20 cm
* Base : 13 cm

Le Creuset embossed on the handle.
This small frying pan will always be one from my 'old faithful' list, from Le Creuset, specifically due to that CASTOFLON (NON-STICK) interior, which makes it ideal for omelettes and pancakes.

My current favourite recipe is from the new 'WAITROSE SEASONS COOKBOOK 2009', 'Courgette and Blue Cheese Tortilla'. Because of the cast handle, the whole pan can slip under the grill for finishing off, before the tasty tortilla simply slides out onto a plate.
Suitable for all heat sources on a low to medium heat.
It also washes up hand...or simply pop it in the dishwasher.

This colourful item is also pretty enough to take to the table or have hanging around the kitchen.

If buying as a gift, why not add an IRON HANDLE GLOVE too?
This is a specifically designed 'glove' which simply slides over the metal handle and is easier to use than a bulky oven glove.

n.b. 10 year guarantee, due to the NON-STICK interior.

Sturdily boxed, this super pan has the 'NON-STICK' removable sticker on the interior along with a 'TRIPLE LAYER NON-STICK' Care and Use Instruction booklet attached to the handle to differentiate between this version of the omelette pan and the new 2009 version with the 'satin black interior', which is quite different.

Before first use, the instructions are simply to 'wash the pan in hot, soapy water and rinse/dry thoroughly.
Condition the NON-STICK surface by wiping with a little vegetable oil. Occasional conditioning like this will help protect the surface and promote longer life....'.
on 14 April 2008
I recently purchased this pan from Amazon (it appears that that the price vary with the colour!) with the intention of frying fish in Indian style cookery. It appears that this pan is excellent for this purpose.It retains heat very well on gas burner with a medium setting and slowly cook them as mentioned in the pamphlet. For the first time I fried the prawns without making them hard with slight browning. Cleaning the pan is a breeze and I usually coat it with a little oil for storage. This is an excellent pan for frying and browning.
on 15 February 2014
As all Le Creuset items this smallish frying pan is very good and quite attractive. As it is smallish it is not too heavy (I am very small).

The non-sticking properties are fine for non eggy foods, for eggs it will take slightly longer to create a suitable patina. Nevertheless I have used it successfully to make omelettes and without using too much oil. with all the uncertainties regarding Teflon and ceramic pans I am very pleased to have bought this one. AND the price was right at the time
on 9 June 2013
I've had this pan since 2008 and I'd say I've used it three or four times a week since then. Its gone in the dishwasher, had food charred onto it - every kind of abuse that a mother could throw at it, but it always bounces back. I use it for scrambled, poached and fried eggs, bacon, and doing small dishes for the kids. You can also fry fish and onions in it, add cream and cheese and stick it under the grill to brown off, and because its a metal handle, and a small pan, it comes in and out of the grill just fine. I'm really pleased with mine, and I've bought two for other mums as presents who also love them. Its probably one of the most used items in my kitchen. I would be loath to cook without it.

I'd say it is worth noting the other reviewer's comment though - mine is a 2008 pan, and has that slightly rough, black surface. I have no experience of the new non-stick coating...
on 30 October 2009
very high quality and an excellent omlette pan have been looking for one for some time my wife was very happy and excellent price for quality products
on 22 January 2012
All kitchens need a good frying pan.

This little beauty is made from cast iron which means it gets to a wonderful cooking temperature while only on a medium heat. You never need to use a high heat so you also save energy.

They also look great and the enamal is of very high quality. Cheaper look-a-like pans have very poor enamel. The non-stick is actually not non-stick as we know it, but a different coating which is very durable - I have been using mine for a year now and it still looks brand new. I am careful though by only using wooden utensils, afterall, wooden ones are cheaper, look better and protect your pans!
The metal handle means you can pop it in the oven when doing a French Apple Tart or omelette, for example. But please remember oven gloves!

Over all, 9/10. The only way you can get better is to buy the bigger version!
on 18 February 2015
My husband bought me this pan along with another from the range when we bought our house 12 years ago. A very thoughtful house warming present from an ever-hungry chap! Since then he has bought me many more in the range but this was my first.

12 years on it's still used regularly. It's small but ideal for an omelette for one or frittata for two. I love that you can pop it under the grill to brown the top.

The surface is no longer perfect but it's still non-stick. I never use oil, just non-stick spray. I've never had a problem with it sticking. It's been in the dishwasher many, many times. I just wish you could get a lid for it and it would be perfect.
on 14 June 2012
I've had this pan for a couple of weeks now and I simply love it. It's the perfect size for a two egg omelette. It heats up quickly and evenly and you only need to use moderate heat when cooking. Being cast-iron makes it really versatile, too. You can bake things in it, pop it under the grill and the enamelled exterior means it looks good enough to bring to the table.

The only tiny criticism I have is that Le Creuset don't advise seasoning these pans. The black enamel interior felt quite rough so I decided to ignore their advice and seasoned my pan before I used it. Seasoning gave it a lovely smooth cooking-surface and I've had no problems with sticking at all. So, I'd advise anybody else buying one to do the same.

This is how I seasoned my pan: wipe the interior with oil (I used olive) so it is thinly and evenly coated, don't let the oil pool, put the pan into a cold oven and turn it to 200 degrees. Bake the pan for 40 mins then take it out and let it cool down slowly. Note, the hot oil will smoke and make your kitchen smell!

It's a little bit of bother but since quite a few people who've bought similar pans are complaining they stick, I think it's worth doing. With occasional re-seasoning this pan should work perfectly and last a life-time.

See one answered question