5.0 out of 5 stars Something different - something hilarious!
I bought this DVD to add to my comedy collection not really sure what to expect but i have to say i was delighted with my purchase after watching it. His hit show "My Gaff My Rules" was a huge success and it's easy to see why. He completes over an hour of entertainment with quick and witty puns that won't fail to amuse you even days later.
As the pub landlord, Al...
Published on 7 Oct 2004 by P. Bennett

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but expected more...
Laughed more at other stand up shows. One thing that makes Al Murray stand out from the others is his willingness and ability to interact with the audience. But his rantings can get too over the top, and the shouting and repetitive rantings got a little bit tedious for me.
Published on 15 Jan 2005 by T. Nicholson

5.0 out of 5 stars Something different - something hilarious!, 7 Oct 2004
P. Bennett "peab999" (UK, Rochester.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Al Murray - The Pub Landlord: Live - My Gaff, My Rules [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
As the pub landlord, Al Murray is an uncompromising and patriotic character who questions the abilities of Mozart (not to be missed) and airs his views on the French, all in good heart of course. It all makes for fantastic viewing and i strongly reccommend the DVD to anyone in need of a good cheer up.
Al Murray is a great talent and his nominations for the Olivier Award and success in achieving the coveted Perrier Award demonstrate this. After watching this i have to say i'm desperately looking forward to his latest show "And a Glass of White Wine for the Lady" which is set to be released on DVD for November 22nd 2004. If it's half as funny as this, it's not one to be missed!

5.0 out of 5 stars old but good, 24 Dec 2012
just a good christmas laugh, this is one of his oldest but on the big screen it feels like you are at the show, so it does,nt matter

5.0 out of 5 stars Keg of laughs, 21 Jan 2010
S. Robinson "Sammy" (UK, Surrey) - See all my reviews
really worth the few pounds it costs! ridiculous amount of laugh out load moments, mainly at the expense of others misfortunes within the audience! best al murray of them all that has been released so far (jan 2010)

5.0 out of 5 stars I miss my boy....., 3 Jan 2004
David Parker "i2dave" (Huddersfield, UK) - See all my reviews
...but don't miss this! If you're a fan of The Pub Landlord, then you MUST buy this DVD, it's an absolute cracker. Taken from one of Al's shows at Hammersmith, it has all the classic Pub Landlord gags, such as picking on the audience, taking the mickey out of the French, cabbies, and so on.
Great stuff, and also has some extras that'll keep you amused for some time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 8 Nov 2004
P. A. Tamblyn "Phill735" (Victoria Australia) - See all my reviews
I have always enjoyed Al Murrays work, from his TV show to his stand up work, and he never fails to get a laugh. I would consider Al Murray as one of the top international Comedians of all time. The running time is great for a stand up DVD, but I wish there where some extra features. I hope oneday to see his TV show 'Time Gentlemen Please'on DVD, But until that time this DVD suites me just fine!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Never confused!, 1 Jan 2004
The most underrated British comedian performing today. If you have never seen him live I urge you to do it soon. Unlike most fashionable comedians ( Peter Kay, Dave Spikey etc.) his live set is largely spontaneous and always original.
I saw Al on his latest tour (Both Barrels) and cannot wait for the DVD of that to come out.
This is the voice of the silent majority saying "BUY THIS DVD" of course now i've said that, i'm no longer a member of the silent majority!

5.0 out of 5 stars a wise purchase, 31 Dec 2003
I went too see al murray live this year and bought the DVD off the back of it & although it cannot match the imtermisy of being there it is very very funny, with simple and clever humor put together cleverly Als outspoken view of the "british" way of life will have you pissing yourself if you havent had the chance of seeing this man live buy this DVD and you will want to be in front of him, but dont sit too close too the front he may jus pick on you to your expense of course, a must see

5.0 out of 5 stars quite simply hilarious, 21 July 2004
By A Customer
quite simply the funniest stand up ive seen for a long time. Ive had the pleasure of seeing al murray live and can say that the dvd is worth every penny. Just book a day or two off work as your sides will be aching.

4.0 out of 5 stars They've got a town called Brest..., 25 Feb 2004
Great DVD.
Laughed more at Peter Kay dvds but still a good DVD from the pub landlord.
Would definitely recommend it