5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for going room-to-room
Published on 6 Oct 2005 by Philip Ian Adam Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Little short
We found that the 5m cable came in under the stated length by about 40cm. If buyers need a cable this length they may do well to opt for the 10m cable. Other than that, the product does its job.
Published on 6 Aug 2010 by Gibblybits

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for going room-to-room, 6 Oct 2005
All Belkin's range of snagless CAT5 cables are perfect for going from one room to anther (e.g. across a hallway) because as they say they are snagless so when people get these cables caught or accidently yank one.. they survive and still work in perfect condition! and when people deside to move there computers with taking the cable out they don't break... nor does the RJ-45 come off as its a sealed RJ-45
Very hard wearing! and great for a home network!
currently using these cables for a P2P style home network with just a 5 port switch and four PCs hooked up using these cables!
Recommend to anyone making a home network and need strong cabling!

5.0 out of 5 stars All Cabled Up, 15 Jun 2006
L. Otto (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Brilliant cable, I use it at home to run a line from my network router through to my room upstairs. It's a neutral colour, slightly off-white-grey, and doesn't stick out against the wall, unless you have black walls that is ;).

The snagless design is very clever, I use it particularly on my Apple MacBook Pro, and constantly move around, which thanks to the great 15m length, is no problem at all!

Also this cable is technically futureproofed by being Cat 5e, if your inputs require Cat 5, do not worry, this is backwards compatible.

Overall, great cable at a great price, would not recommend anything higher than this cable without serious thought!

5.0 out of 5 stars Short and Stout, 3 May 2011
It's a little ethernet cable. It's not too long, which is good if you need to connect devices only a short distance apart, and don't want excess cable cluttering the place up. It works as an ethernet cable - which it really should considering that's its sole function in life.

It doesn't come with a toaster attachment or an LCD screen. It doesn't have a ringtone or a keypad. Its compatibility with USB devices leaves everythign to be desired for (it doesn't do it) and it will have no truck with absorbing spilled liquids or removing wine stains.

Some people might view these as disadvantages, but I thin they speak to the item's strength: it's a frikkin' 1m ethernet cable.

It's also blue - sky blue! A nice spring day, sky blue. That's nice, isn't it?

5.0 out of 5 stars Snagless and stronger cable, 6 Mar 2011
I needed to connect my router to my computer, at opposite ends of the house, with a cable since the distance was drastically slowing the WiFi connection.
The 4 cable I first got worked when new but when threaded through the plasterboard from bedroom to attic space, over the joists, down through the cupboard, under the floorboards and up by the router (with much squeezing, grovelling and stretching on my part to get it through) the 4 CABLE DID NOT WORK.
I then purchased this, more expensive, non-kinking cable from Belkin and used the cheap cable to 'pull' the new cable through the same route. Any difficulties were due to the cheap cable kinking, the new one slid into position without a problem.
You get what you pay for and if you are going to some effort to thread the cable you are better starting off with a better cable. This Belkin Cat5e Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Black) 30m worked very well for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 15 Oct 2007
E. Chan "Shopper" (London) - See all my reviews
I wanted a cable to connect my laptop/desktop to my ADSL modem. This did the job without any problem and at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 28 July 2005
Mo "mo79uk" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Whatever colour or length you get, you can be assured that the name Belkin won't let you down.
I purchased this in order to connect my computer to a router and without fail. The snagless part of the connector ensures that accidental pullout is hard to achieve.
Confused purchasers also note that this Cat5e can be used in places that require just Cat5. The 'e' is an extension for future devices.
All in all a quality cable at a highly commendable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cable which sorted out a problem connection, 13 Feb 2009
I didn't know where to start to connect up my son's PS3 to the internet as it failed to connect as wireless even following the right connection instructions. However this patch cable sorted everything. I did a lot of research on the web to see what people said about connecting up, and read the reviews of different cables on Amazon as I was starting as a novice. For a reasonable price we have a great solution. This is a long cable, longer than packaged cables you find in the High Street - it works fantastically well. No problems with it (and I have read about longer cables giving not such a good connection. Not true.) I recommend it highly. I agree with the person that pointed out the colour issue though - I would not call this white , it is more of an off white grey/cream colour, so be aware of this if you are hoping for it to be 'invisible'.

5.0 out of 5 stars No snags, 22 Oct 2002
By A Customer
Belkin cables work. They work well. They're tough, resilient and great value. They're really well made, the boot stays put. The snagless feature of the boot means that the cable is easily pulled through the typical mass of cabling which accumulates behind a PC. The cable is a dull grey colour. Ideal for home networking, internet connection sharing at home, or even a home LAN.
There is a 10m version also available at Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 27 Sep 2004
Paul Pringle (Scotland) - See all my reviews
What can I say, it's a cable, it plugs in where it's meant to go and does the job. What I will say though is that the quality is really good and worth the little extra over cheaper versions, one of which I also have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cable. Works fine, 23 Mar 2009
I bought the cable to connect my laptop which is sometimes used far away from the wireless router. It works perfectly. I will recommend it to others who wants to join PCs, Laptop or PlayStations.