on 15 April 2012
Ordered two cables. Work Ok, but not black like picture, not gold connecters as described...no marking indicating Belkin made. Both grey and in plastic bag. Look like generic copies at best..but work ok at present.
on 2 August 2010
great product, this allows all peripheries to be placed conveniently , no more bending down or stretching up to reach things. Great value for money, why pay more ?
on 10 January 2013
An Ipad turned up at christmas, to my wifes suprise ( it was for her ) but the charging lead was not long enough unless you like sitting next to an electric outlet, i tried about 4 USB Extension leads 1.8 / 2MTRS long from different suppliers whose advert on AMAZON said yes they would work. Yes you know, they did not work, after contacting Medz one of their sales staff sorted out max length leads and we finished with a Belkin 1.8 which works a treat, my 4 grandchildren will agree as they have a Belkin 1.8 lead for their Mini Ipads.
Nothing seemed too much trouble and their prompt Email replys were brilliant
Thank You for the help at Christmas Terry Brown
on 15 April 2008
I agree with other reviewers comments that the packaging is far too big and a complete waste, however this review section should be for the product alone so I cannot understand how others can give a low star rating when they either agree the product works fine or haven't even used it yet!

On balance....it's inexpensive, works well, no problems.
Plus the box will come in handy if you move house!
on 6 October 2011
*Warning * Brought this Item as an extension for the somewhat short charging / usb lead for Asus eeepad, however this item will NOT charge the battery on the the Asus EEEpad . Cannot fault the supplier for prompt delivery and price, so 10/10 to them .
on 14 November 2010
I bought this lead so I could extend my iPhone USB connector to reach the device when I have it on the windscreen mount in my car (where I use it with a satnav app).

It works without any problems, allowing me to get voice commands thru car's radio whilst charging the iPhone, and if I don't want the satnav the cable & iPhone fit neatly in the armrest storage box (where the car's USB socket is) so I can control the iPod function.

The Belkin lead also served me to extend other USB devices on my HP laptop - so I may get another one sometime!
on 30 May 2010
I brought this initially to accompany a recent PC tablet I had purchased from amazon as part of another order; And I have to say I havn't looked back since

The price was cheap; At the time it was 1.99GBP making it very affordable. In addition, and what I find the most important aspect, is the build quality. Its very durable, its thick, yet not to thick so that it looks ugly, just thick enough for good quality. Looks good and does the job; used about 10-20 times and has not let me down at all

Overall; good product, price and build quality.
on 23 July 2008
I got the USB expansion cable from Amazon today.
What a great customer service. After few complaint by the customers in the review. There are no packaging for the cable anymore. Just a plastic bag.

No point rate it lower than 5 then.
on 28 August 2011
as expected, quality good, does what is required, very difficult to find twenty words to enthuse about product, does what is said on label
on 16 May 2014
I bought a couple of these as extension leads to charge stuff in the car. They look and feel like quality cables but they don't work with iPhones/iPads that use a lightning connector. iPhone 4's work fine but these cables don't seem to pass the additional charging signals used by newer Apple products.

If you want to use the cables for data and syncing they're fine but they won't charge anything if you have to use a lightning connector. Ultimately they're a bit disappointing.

See one answered question