4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not perfect, but certainly stylish
Published on 8 Sep 2004 by Mr. CC Goodwin

2.0 out of 5 stars Unstable Turntable
I would echo other reviewers concerns about the stability of this package. It looks fantastic and the facilities comprehensive, but this crashes my new pc running XP almost everytime and I now plan to buy an earlier version 5 or 4 to see if it is more useable.
Published on 29 Dec 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not perfect, but certainly stylish, 8 Sep 2004
This review is from: Dance eJay 6 The Evolution (CD-ROM)
As a complete novice to this scene I just knew I wanted to play. I also knew I needed a piece of software that would eradicate any pressing need to understand music theory. In essence, I know what I like to listen to, and that's my limit. I'm no expert; I just wanted to play. I have high standards regarding my hopes of a given piece of software, and I must say I have not been disappointed with Dance eJay 6. I have found it to be simple to use, and to provide an instant and clear indication of how I'm doing. Above all, I have found it to be great fun! My biggest problem has been my own high standards of the sound that I would like to create. Basically, there is so much you can do, I am quite certain someone could rack up vast numbers of hours delving through the extensive archive of sounds, tweeking this, adding that, and generally having a good old time doing so. Having now spent a rapidly growing number of hours playing with Dance eJay 6, I reckon it is only at fault if you are a finiky silly old twit like me, since that oh so elusive sound seems often to be just out of reach. There again, that may be just because I'm crap. Ne'er mind though, I'm having an absolute ball in the meantime...! As for the instability problems reported by others, I run XP and have experienced no major issues. Now and again a sample will appear in a place that could be considered to be somewhat odd, and the program has crashed on me a couple of times. I must add instantly that, for me, these have been the exceptions rather than the norm. In a nutshell, I'd say that whilst I don't consider it to be perfect (a beat generator is needed!), Dance eJay 6 is simple to use, extensive in it's potential, and, above all, great fun to play with! In fact, I would even go so far as to venture that it is really rather stylish....

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality, 30 July 2004
Mr. S. Bristow "Ace 8" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dance eJay 6 The Evolution (CD-ROM)
This is a very good piece of software if you want to create serious music but also very good to just mess around with. It is very good for creating Trance and euphoric music. There has Been some reviews that have complained about it being unstable I, personally have not had a problem with this but if any one is putting off buying this because of these reviews there is an update on the Ejay website to sort this problem out.All in all this is a very good piece of software and a must for music fans everywhere

4.0 out of 5 stars Dance just a little bit......, 14 Mar 2005
This review is from: Dance eJay 6 The Evolution (CD-ROM)
Sorry, but Bob from South Yorks, what are you saying...???? In all the time i`ve been using the Ejay products i`ve never had the sort of problems you say - especially with Dance 6!!!!
It`s not completely stable, the odd glitch does surface, but then what software doesn`t get temper-tantrums from time 2 time.
Dance 6 is a wonderful tool, a very easy hands-on approach with Ejay refining their drop & drag interface with every attempt. Novice`s are well catered for here... i learnt the basics by viewing one of the demo tunes, breaking it down to a few components, then started to add new samples to it until it had changed almost completely, thus giving me the impetus to find out more for myself.
Dance 6 (soon to be sequeled by Dance 7) will give you a professional sounding tune with very little hard graft, and once you grasp the basics, well then your only held back by your own imagination...
Definately recommended!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of software!!, 12 Jan 2004
This review is from: Dance eJay 6 The Evolution (CD-ROM)
I installed this program originally on my Win98 Athlon 1.4Ghz with 512mb & GeForce 2 64mb and it ran no problem. I was able to make some fantastic tunes and even burn them out and listen to them in the car. However, on upgrading to a much more powerful PC (XP Pro SP1, 512mb, GeForce 5200 128mb) The program is more wobbly than jelly! It crashes, the counters stop, the screen image comes and goes. From reading other reviews it could be an XP problem. This is a fantastic piece of software and I hope the developers can fix the XP problem so I can run it on my new monster instead of sitting in the cold spare room!

2.0 out of 5 stars Unstable Turntable, 29 Dec 2003
By A Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars no performance problems, 30 Aug 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Dance eJay 6 The Evolution (CD-ROM)
An easy package for fast creation of music tracks, continuing in the tradition of previous versions. I have 1, 3, 5, and now 6, all of which I use / have used when I haven't the patience or time to use Fruity loops or Cubase. Version 5 did go wierd on me, with problems much like those described in another review. The solution was to download / install the latest drivers for my graphic card, NOT the universal installer from NVIDIA, which was newer, but the ones from the card manufacturer. Then upgrade Microsoft DirectX to version 9C, (earlier versions of DirectX 9 seem to fail with Ejay combined with some graphic cards), 9C is available from Microsofts web site. Ejay versions 5 and 6 make hefty use of DirectX it seems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why to buy this game, 9 July 2005
This review is from: Dance eJay 6 The Evolution (CD-ROM)
This game is TO awesome. If you like would try to make music this is the right way. There are great features to make CD's and MP3's, and great to send in mixfiles to the internet at [...] (i have become one of the best : Psychic Element)
It absoulutely worht to buy, specially for 10.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but very slow!...tips on dissapearing samples!, 12 Mar 2004
This review is from: Dance eJay 6 The Evolution (CD-ROM)
Ejay 6 is an excellent package and im sure it would be possible to create a monster club hit with its facilities, however, the speed of the thing is beyond a joke! it takes me about 5 minutes just to load a previous song up, ages and ages to import samples, its just so frustrating because it has the making of a fantastic package!if people are having problems with dissapearing icons in the drop and drag section. go into the archive section where the samples are, click on the sample you want to use for about 10 seconds, then move onto where u want it to be placed keeping the mouse button down, when the sample appears on the screen unclick but leave the position of the mouse over the sample, the sample will then dissapear and fix into place several seconds....time consuming or what! i also have XP not tried it with anything else yet. Good luck with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars eJay 6? You Like?, 28 Nov 2003
Alan "carrd2" (Stafford, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dance eJay 6 The Evolution (CD-ROM)
This is one cool program. As a fan of previous music programs that the eJay series have offered, this one beats them all- mainly because of the further improved quality of the sounds- and its stil so easy to use. There is one draw back however- the program closes without warning if I ever want to use the mixer or other features. However, updates are normally available a few months after the programs release, which usually fixes the problem. So if you love dance, then check this out, whether your a beginner or more professional creater.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine with few problems, 6 Sep 2007
This review is from: Dance eJay 6 The Evolution (CD-ROM)
Originally I did have the same problems as one user did in another review but I found I have a bit of tempermental hard disk so installed it on an external hard drive, then some of the samples would not play installed latest graphics drivers and away I went, great piece of kit, well worth the price tag and more, u just have to make sure u are upto date on ur graphics and direct x software, and should be fine

Dance eJay 6 The Evolution
Dance eJay 6 The Evolution by eJay (Windows 2000 / 98 / Me / NT / XP)
Used & New from: 3.00