5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous, 11 May 2013
This review is from: The Horror Of Beauty (Audio CD)
absolutely typical for lyrics and music content. What else do you want? Constant, heavy and sumptuous. Mature voice and mature music.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best My Ruin album so far........., 6 Feb 2005
This review is from: Horror of Beauty (Audio CD)
A fabulous album by My Ruin- stand out tracks being Made to Measure, Hot in the House of God, Get Pretty, American Psycho...basically all of them!!!!!!!!!
And there is a new My Ruin album in the pipleine this year so wait for it!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT NOW!!!!! FOR GOD SAKE U HAVE 2 OWN THIS CD!!!!!, 31 Oct 2003
This review is from: The Horror Of Beauty (Audio CD)
This is my ruins latest albem, and it is their best to date! This albem shows that my ruin have came together as a band and have came along way since the speak and destroy days! i have bean awaiting this albem to come out for many months, and when the *shape of things to come* e.p came out, it just made me more exited about this albem. This albem is possibly the only albem which deals with issuse in life and the music industry. This cd talks about issuse like how women/men are judged by their apperance and not their personality and you have to have certain look to be noraml/excepted. My ruin scream these points in every song making their point extreamly loud and clear! This cd also talks a lot about how my ruin were baddly treat by their x-lable spitfire! I really hope spitfire hears this albem becuase they will feel sooooo gutted that the horror of beauty is not on their lable! Thanks century media for putting the record out yopu guys rock!
The first song on this albem is stage fright i give this song 10/10 it is an intro song and starts the albem off great, with a good loud gutar riff from Mick Murphy!
The second song 'made to measure' which i give 10/10 appered shape on the shap of things to come... e.p and its a great song about how the music indusrty/society judges people be their size, and it has everything that a my ruin fan could ask for great gutaring from Mick Murphy (the greatest gutar player ever and a true rock star) a great bass riff from Meghan Mattox, very good druming from the new drumer Yael, she might be the new member in my ruin but she can rock hard! And of course Tairrie B is fantasic in this song her scream is louder than ever!
American psyco (9/10) is a good song, just in case anyone thinks its a misfits cover it isnt. Its a great my ruin song! Which was made for the moshpit!
Spitfire (10/10) is (you guessed it) a song about how horrible spitfire records are and how baddly they treated my ruin, this so is more of a protest than a peice of music!!!! If spitfire have heard this i hope they understand everything in this song is true!
Burn the witch (10/10) is a very gothic song, its extreamly lound and has very good gothic lyrics!
Radio Silence (10/10) is a song which features my favortie song at the end 'beaty feind' in some weird radio effect at the end. I was so please that beauty feind made an apperence on this albem as it fits in with the theam of this albem 'the horror of beauty'.
Hot in the house of god (10/10) is great, Murphys gutaring is amazing on this albem and he shwos his skills on this song. He has a weird 'deaht metal','punk' and 'gothic' type gutaring style which makes him origonal and unique!
Nazimova (12321/10) is my favorite song on the whole albem, this song was must have bean made to start my ruin gigs. It has great lycis and great mucis that go with the lyics, this song shows how my ruin have came together as a band and they will be a band that will go down in history!
Stink face (8/10) is the worest song on the albem, but thsi will sound stupid, but it is still good, just not as good as the other songs!
Weightless (10/10) is a song about how this guy phoned tarrie b and asked her how much she weighted. And he said if She lost weight she could be on the front of magazines. This song shows this emotionly hurt Tairre and she is extreamly angary! And i dont think Tairrie B is fat she is very beautiful and is a very beutiful peron!
Bravenet (10/10) is a song which is a mix of all the sounds that my ruin have gone troght, it has a slow gothic ballard and a loud scream chours, this albem just gets better and better!
ten minutes to hollywood (12/10) is one of the best songs on the albem! I had heard a preview of this song and the full song did not dissopoint me! i love this song and i hope it gets relesed on single!
Get Pretty (276782657563/10) is the best song on the albem! I love this song, Tarrie B screams the whole way throught the song and all the rest of the band rock extreamly hard and mangae to get an amazing song full of atmophere and emotion! a truely legendary song!
Rid of me (9/10) is a PJ Harvey cover, and it is a ver good cover. My Ruin cover a song on ever albem (soft cells tainted love, black flags my war... ect) and each cover gets better and better, the only thing i can fault about this song/albem is that i think 'Get Pretty' should end the albem as it will leave the listener with the message of my ruin loud and clear!
This albem is my favorite albem but i do worry that the music industry will not execpt this albem and my ruin, as it took me 2 weeks and about 15 shopd to find this albem. I really do hope that my ruin go down in history as the greatest band of all time as they have shown of this alebm what they can do!

The Horror Of Beauty
The Horror Of Beauty by My Ruin (Audio CD - 2013)