5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely, fabulously hysterical!!!!
I caught this on TV recently and I literally cried with laughter! I adore Whoopi anyways so she can't do wrong by me, but boy is she on top form here: playing a gay counsellor - giving some classic one liners that had me in stitches. I have always LIKED AbFab, but LOVED this offering which far surpasses many of the previous episodes.
Eddi goes to the States in...
Published on 26 Sep 2003 by muttmummy

3.0 out of 5 stars Ab sorta fab
Hmmmmm.... in a plot that promises so much, how on earth did it wind up such a patchy episode? There are some great moments but all-in-all some of the humour is unfunny and silly. Whoopi's talents are totally wasted and what the hell have they done to Saffy? Despite all this, it's still fun.
Published on 18 Oct 2004 by L. Omelasz

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely, fabulously hysterical!!!!, 26 Sep 2003
Eddi goes to the States in search of her estranged gay son - Serge. In the process, we meet many oddball characters but the lady evangelist has to be one of the most cracking - just wait til you see the scene of her and another Jane Horrocks character on evangelist TV!!!
Before you wonder how on earth you can justify paying full DVD price for a 45 minute show - fear not: you will sure get value for money with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars ab fab - gay, 9 Oct 2010
They certainly haven't "lost the plot" like a few long running shows. This is another great example of Saunders & Lumley.
Some cameos in this and even Whoopi Goldberg.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, darling!, 10 Oct 2004
By A Customer
Edina and Patsy are at it again - this time in New York. This is a hilarious special episode, and particularly dear to me as the one that introduced me to the world of Ab Fab, and made me fall in love with it.
There's also an interesting commentary by Jennifer Saunders and producer Jon Plowman.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fabulous!, 25 Jun 2013
Cheap, fast delivery and over all a very funny video to watch! The AB FAB GAY SPECIAL is certainly something to buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny..., 4 Sep 2009
Jennifer Saunders really does have the midas touch. I find everything she does funny. I really enjoyed this special, you get some real laugh out loud moments, but overall it does not quite pass muster when compared to the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant BUT not fabulous, 29 Oct 2009
This was brilliant but not absolutely fabulous - Not quite sure why it didn't hit the mark. Well worth watching though

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW !!!, 12 May 2003
Shai Helfman (Israel) - See all my reviews
Thanks god for the Israeli independence day . then I had the opportunity to watch tis special on T.V .
It is a grate special of Ab Fab with Ab fab . A good special’ is like a bonus. That is why they let the audience watch all the things he like .
Edina is fat again and patsy is saying all the things we want her to say and makes us laugh . I can tell you what this special is all about in one sentence of Edina : “ my son is gay and it is fashion week “ . it is also a good special because I watch it over and over again , time after time and still want to watch it one more time afterwards .
It also contains grate appearances of Woopi Goldberg and Debbie Harry .
Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley are grate and funny as always ‘ or even more .
I also know that Jennifer Sunders is not just performing in Ab Fab , but she is also writing the scripts . I think it is a grate challenge for an actor to be also a writer and I know that a lit of actors can not face that challenge . she is doing a wonderful job , that even scriptwriters can learn from her .
I have a lot of thing to say . much more then words but I can not express myself .
It is just…absolutely fabulas .
(yes cheers thanks a lot )

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Oct 2014
funny

3.0 out of 5 stars Ab sorta fab, 18 Oct 2004
L. Omelasz "brekkie_tiffs" (Dundee, UK) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Not, 19 Dec 2003
Mr. N. D. Jones "sheeeep" (London) - See all my reviews
This is Ab Fab at it's worse: tacky and predictable. Patsy and Eddie travel New York for a feature length amount of catch-phrase comedy, stock characters and random celebrity appearances. The script dips and dives as we follow Patsy, Eddie and Serge around New York as the once great comedy manages to lose the subtle nuisances that once made it great amid the predictable plot-twists and depressingly garish slapstick comedy.

Absolutely Fabulous: Gay