Format: Audio CD|Change

There will never be another quite like the lovely Louis Armstrong. This collection really does what is says on the cover - it plucks the best of the music from the different stages of his career and puts them together on this double CD package. 'All The Time In The World' is still dreamy, 'Summertime' just sublime and 'What A Wonderful World' beyond compare. I could go on...

This is probably one of the best 'Louis' compilations out there. It is such a shame the sleeve notes aren't more comprehensive as a decent booklet would have made this absolutely perfect.
on 4 February 2009
The tracks are fantastic, Louis Armstrong at his best. Anyone who likes Louis will love this, reasonably priced and fantastic to listen to.
on 5 June 2014
Most of the tracks on this perfect sounding two-cd collection are from Satchmo's latter career during the '50s and '60s. These include some brilliant duets with great performers such as Billie Holiday singing "You Can't Lose A Broken Heart", among the five duets with Ella Fitzgerald include "Summertime, Let's Call The Whole Thing Off" and "Gee, Baby, Ain't I Good To You." Bing Crosby accompanies Armstrong on the witty "Gone Fishin'" as does Velma Middleton on the little heard live version of "Baby, It's Cold Outside."

For people who prefer Louis' earlier recordings, "I'm In The Mood For Love" from 1937, "Jeepers Creepers" from 1939, "When The Saints Go Marching In" and the iconic "Ain't Misbehavin" both from 1938 are here.

There are no liner notes other than a tracklist that includes song titles, authorship and year of recordings. Some of the writers include legends Cole Porter, Irving Berlin, George and Ira Gershwin.

As I started off stating, the sound quality is pristine, and for me, this is a play-all tracks collection of superb recordings.

Highly recommended.
on 20 June 2011
A naturally gifted singer.Louis Armstrongs music will live on.His voice was so solid but beautiful.Impressed with this CD.Strongly recommend it.
on 3 February 2013
A good disc. However very balladie. I used to hav a best off on cassette, mack the knife etc. this is good but I miss the up beat jazz standards I was expecting.
on 6 January 2014
I got a CD of Louis Armstrong a while ago and I enjoyed it better than I expected to. This is just as good and like the other one, the accompaniment and overall sound is of excellent quality. Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday and Bing Crosby are good to hear on the album. One of my favourites, however is "It's Cold Outside" with Velma Middleton where there is great fun all throughout in the banter. A very enjoyable listen.
on 15 March 2004
Loving and giving, what else do we need? Louis Armstrong gives us his audience a lasting feeling of happiness spiced with a momentary disappointment now and then in the muddle we all find us in. What a Wonderful World! And his song is the best song of the last Century.
on 10 December 2013
What can I say that has not been said already? the sound is very good,all popular songs are here, yes including what a wonderful world. Simple press the buy button enough said.
on 27 May 2013
Well what can I say but the title, this cd/music will get your feet tapping so brilliant. He was such a legend.
on 1 October 2013
Disc is what I wanted and contained the tracks I have been looking for over a period of some time.