5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd To None Indeed
After purchasing 30 #1 Hits, as a new Elvis fan I never expected anything to measure up to how much I loved that album, but somehow 2nd To None has done it.
The songs on this album are fantastic and the album is so well structured it all flows together perfectly.
Published on 18 April 2005 by Mr Hollywood

3.0 out of 5 stars More of the King's top tunes
More of the King's top tunes and a follow up to last year's smash hit album Elvis Number Ones, released at a time the King's popularity is at an all time high.
The two standout tracks from the norm being the 2003 remix Rubberneckin and the unreleased second version of the song titled I'm a routabout.
I'm a routabout is a different song to the one released within...
Published on 28 Sept. 2003 by georgemassey

5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd To None Indeed, 18 April 2005
Mr Hollywood (Hollywood UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Elvis: 2nd To None (Audio CD)
With the inclusion of classics such as 'If I Can Dream' and 'Promised Land' there is the perfect mix of gospel, blues and rock 'n roll which Elvis has built his legacy upon.
The whole album has been digitally remastered which is why you'll have never heard Elvis so good. The quality is outstanding and his songs are timeless. Even though some of the songs are quite short for todays standards, such as 'I Need Your Love Tonight' and 'Rock-A-Hula Baby' are only around 2 minutes long, you'll listen to them again and again, and since I got the album in Christmas 2004, it hasn't been out of my CD Case once.
If like me, you've suddenly got interested in Elvis' music and would like a compliation of his music then in my opinion, although '30 #1 Hits' would normally be reccommended, this is the album of his best songs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Elvis none to compare, 22 Jun. 2004
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Elvis: 2nd To None (Audio CD)
The voice lives on. I bought this for the older songs 'That's All Right' and 'I Forgot To Remember to Forget', 'Blue Suede Shoes' etc all of which to me are Elvis at his finest. Bonus tracks are what they say, a bonus. One track missing for me, 'Blue Moon', you saw me standing alone, one of the Sun recordings not 'Blue Moon of Kentucky'. Of the later songs, 'Always on My Mind' has always been a favourite. Excellent compilation notes showing Elvis did it all, before anyone else even thought of it.
I have other Elvis compilations, but think this was worth it. It will go on my well played list.

4.0 out of 5 stars I bought it for one track, 9 Feb. 2004
This review is from: Elvis: 2nd To None (Audio CD)
Guess which one? - Right! "I'm A Roustabout". The amazing surprise is that it's a rocker, it's raw, totally unlike the the mello mid-tempo title track used in the movie and album. It appears that the lyrics were too sassy for the powers-that-be, so they settled on the *nice* song. The previously unreleased tune would have made a great "Bonus Track" back in '64/'65, and possibly kept the album at the top of the charts a bit longer.
So what's left? All familiar, albeit terrific sounding tracks. My only complaint is with selecting "A Mess Of Blues", "Rock-a Hula Baby", and "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me" for a collection which should feature Elvis at his best. These three are pleasant enough, but imagine what "Youll Never Walk Alone", "Like A Baby", or That's Someone You Never Forget" could have meant?

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome - The King puts all else into the shade!, 28 Mar. 2010
Dr. S. Morris "Doc Holliday" (Newcastle, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elvis: 2nd To None (Audio CD)
Bought this as a replacement for the same product, as the original had a few 'jumps' on it after a couple of years in the car.
OK, I've got the T-shirt (well, several), but this CD charts the rise of a phenomenum we will never see the like of again. Could you imagine Simon Cowell's programmes turning-up another Elvis?! You can't 'manufacture' talent.
Just listen to the raw energy in the early somgs, and weep for what we lost so young.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis The Best, 3 Oct. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Elvis: 2nd To None (Audio CD)
After the last years great success, BMG is trying to push Elvis for another #1 Album. There are beautiful songs such as Always On My Mind, Memories, Moody Blue, Blue Suede Shoes and etc. I think everybody will love Rubberneckin Remix. Its full of rhytm and energy. What about the long lost song I am a Roustabout. It s great surprise for the fans like us. Thanks Elvis. You are ready to shake the world again...

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis, part 2!, 21 April 2012
Radiojock (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Elvis: 2nd To None (Audio CD)
As I said in the review for the Number 1's album, you've got some great listening coming your way. There's a full sleeve-note booklet with the CD version of this album as there is with the Number 1's CD. If you've got the first album, it makes sense to have this companion album with it! There are two bonus tracks with this, one of them, I'm A Roustabout was never released before being incorporated into this collection. If you like Paul Oakenfold, you might enjoy bonus track two, Paul's rendition of rubberneckin'.

I didn't know this second album existed before I saw the first one advertised here on Amazon. You can't have one without the other, as one old song says!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect follow up to Elv1s, 7 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Elvis: 2nd To None (Audio CD)
This 2003 top 5 album is a brilliant follow-up to the chart topping Elv1s: 30 #1 Hits album from the previous year. This includes some No.1's that were No.1 by virtue of being double A side singles not included on the previous release.

The Paul Oakenfold re-mix of "Rubberneckin'" is every bit as good as intelligently and respectfully done as "A Little Less Conversation", also a top 5 hit.

At the time the "I'm A Roustabout" track, the alternative title song from the movie was re-discovered and released here for the first time, so this gives an added incentive for the faithful to buy this album.

For those who may be younger and introduced to Elvis from the previous album the monster hits that this album captures fills in the gaps perfectly. The inclusion of "That's All Right" is also an essential piece of history, which itself charted in the top 3 as a single in 2004.

In general one of the good points about this collection is that it does feature some hits that don't regularly appear on Elvis greatest hits collections. Examples include "I Forgot To Remember To Forget" (which with Mystery Train was Elvis's first No.1 on the US country charts), "Loving You" and "Trouble".

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just another compilation, 24 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Elvis: 2nd To None (Audio CD)
This is great, yet another quality compilation from Ernst and Roger at BMG. The quality in sound is superb. Most of the tracks are great - That's All Right, Little Sister, Rubberneckin', Kentucky Rain. There are a few weak links, You Don't Have to Say ...., I Forgot to Remember... We could have done without those but if you are not a diehard Elvis fan then you may not know these. The newly found I'm a Roustabout unfortunately sounds like all the other soundtrack stuff he did but it's there to get real Elvis fans to buy stuff they would already own. Rubberneckin' is a good remix but not in the same league as ALLC but didn't have the Nike adverts to promote it like ALLC.
But it goes to show, the guy is dead 26 years and he can still wipe the floor with the pap that's in the Charts today (most of which sounds like suicide by music!) It's has rarely been off my CD player since I got it.
I bought the Import which give you the Elvis Desksite for you PC - another bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd To None is second only to 30 #1 Hita, 7 Oct. 2003
J. WHITE "trouble_jw" (Notts, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elvis: 2nd To None (Audio CD)
What A Fantastic follow up too last years chart topping album Elv1s - 30 #1 hits. Everything about this album is great from the track listing spread nicely out through Elvis' career like a story to thefantastic bonus tracks which inclued the recent top 5 smash 'Rubberneckin'' ans the recently discovered track 'I'm A Roustabout'. The sound quality on this album really is SECOND TO NONE. The best tracks in my opinion are: I Want You, I Need You, I Love You, Mean Women Blues, King Creole, Trouble, Little Sister, Bossa Nova Baby, Viva Las Vegas, If I Can Dream, Kentucky Rain, Always on My Mind, Promised Land & Moody Blue.
I gurantee, if you enjoyed 30 #1 Hits you will love this album!
I look forward to another album in the near future, maybe with a bronze cover?
The King Is Back!

5.0 out of 5 stars he was 2nd to none, 27 Feb. 2013
Tony "apr" (Nottingham,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elvis: 2nd To None (Audio CD)
I bought this having purchased the first part to it, a mistakenly assumed this would have some hits and the rest filled with songs I don't know, WRONG every track is brillant, and a hit. Buy this you will NEVER be disapointed...!

Elvis: 2nd To None
Elvis: 2nd To None by Elvis Presley (Audio CD - 2003)