Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now

Format: Audio CDChange

on 13 July 2011
After a long lunch with an old friend during which we reminisced about seeing John Denver in concert, I decided to buy some CDs as I no longer had anything to play his records on. This brought back so many happy memories. Just wonderful. His unique voice added so much to well-loved and lesser known songs.
on 26 December 2010
I had this album back in the '70s, and enjoyed listening to all of the Christmas songs on vinyl. Since all my John Denver records ended up in the skip some years back, I have been slowly buying CDs -- replacing lost albums and discovering new ones.

I bought the "Rocky Mountain Christmas" CD just before the holidays this year, and it's nice to have. But after a careful re-listen, the only two tracks I really like are "Christmas for Cowboys," written by John's lead guitarest at the time, Steve Weisberg, and John's song for his son, Zachary, "A Baby Just Like You." Don't get me wrong -- John's pure, sweet tenor voice does justice to a handful of traditional Christmas songs, such as "Coventry Carol" and "Silent Night." And he often sings songs written by others with more feeling and warmth than the composers themselves. But for me, I would probably have preferred to buy a compilation of other John Denver songs which included the two I've mentioned as my favorites (especially "A Baby Just Like You") rather than a whole album of Christmas songs which I will probably not listen to much for the rest of the year. I guess I am not really a big fan of Christmas music, but couldn't find these two songs anywhere else in John's discography.
on 19 January 2014
Bought this to replace the old vinyl. Lots of memories of previous Christmases and of John. He was a great singer and performer and much missed.
on 7 March 2014
Bought this for my Husband for Christmas, great to hear all his songs on CD,s. Pity there can be no more.
on 3 December 2012
This cd has some added tunes... most of them welcome, but one of them from another Denver era. Anyway, it is a great pleasure to be able to listen to these songs on cd..
on 7 January 2013
bougt this many years ago,now on cd,surprised that some songs were missing,others added,but still loved it.
pleased i found it on Amazon.
on 5 December 2012
HAS SOME GREAT CHRISTMAS SONGS ON
OLD AND NEW A TRULY GOOD ALBUM BY THE GREAT JOHN DENVER
AS ONLY HE CAN DO
on 28 October 2014
Awesome artiste taken before his time - still enjoy listening to his voice a great calming influence in a mad world.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 December 2013
An 80's recording which we promised to buy ourselves if we could find ii in our local stores.
Found it on Amazon & it's a great collection if you like John Denver's music.
Arrived in good condition and well packed
on 12 September 2015
every Christmas i play this cd.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse