4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful little gadget
I had one of these years ago and must say it did exactly what it says on the box. Timed my eggs perfectly, whether I started them in hot or cold water. Going to buy another one.

Published on 24 Jun 2007 by Mr. J. Carro

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Garbage
Can't review this lowly enough, quite simply don't waste your money. Item doesn't change to red as advertised, impossible to read once water is bubbling, there's a horrid plastic smell and is only fit for the bin which is what happend to mine.
This is the second time i've reviewed this product, somehow the 1st review must have gotten lost as i've now been asked to...
Published on 27 Aug 2012 by Spuddybuddy

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful little gadget, 24 Jun 2007
Mr. J. Carro (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Egg Perfect Colour Changing Egg Timer (Kitchen & Home)

Be warned that since there is no bell sound or beep at the end that you should not leave it unattended or forget about it and allow the water to boil away otherwise this little sucker will melt. I did, and it did, hence the need for a new one.

5.0 out of 5 stars how to care for this fabulous egg timer, 28 April 2008
S. Rose - See all my reviews
This review is from: Egg Perfect Colour Changing Egg Timer (Kitchen & Home)
This truly is the best egg timer you will ever find. One really good tip though is to let it cool down naturally and don't immerse it in cold water. I did this with my first one and it cracked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dare I say.... eggcellent?, 10 Nov 2007
This review is from: Egg Perfect Colour Changing Egg Timer (Kitchen & Home)
Couldn't resist the appalling title. Sorry.

This is the best egg timer I've ever used. Okay the alternatives (hourglass, watch, guesstimate) do much the same thing but these bad boys allow you to cook soft, medium and hard boiled eggs, regardless of how fast the water is boiling, regardless of the size of the pan or even how many eggs you're cooking at once.

Sure you need to keep an occasional eye on the pan and yes, they do melt if the water boils dry, but even so, they're worth every penny if (like me) you despise dunking soldiers into hard eggs. I've had one for years and used it loads, and everyone who sees me using it wants one - a nice Christmas stocking filler m'thinks!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 21 Sep 2008
Damian Jepson (Jersey, Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Egg Perfect Colour Changing Egg Timer (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this as my eggs in the past have been hit and miss and also out of curiosity and is works like a dream, I dont know how it does it as its only a chunk of something with no working parts or anything, but it seems to get the job done

5.0 out of 5 stars Eggcellent!, 30 Nov 2007
M. Kelly (Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Egg Perfect Colour Changing Egg Timer (Kitchen & Home)
Once you use one of these you won't know how you ever managed without it. Perfect results every time. Sure you have to keep an eye on it but I get far better results with this than with a timer.

5.0 out of 5 stars for egg-spertly boiled eggs!, 7 Feb 2009
Mr. James E. Morris "JJ" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Egg Perfect Colour Changing Egg Timer (Kitchen & Home)
This item is a god-send. I've lost count of how many i have bought for friends and relatives.......
Just place this egg-shaped lump of plastic in the water with the eggs and it "cooks" at the same rate as the eggs do. The red display shrinks towards the middle at the same rate as the eggs cook from the shell in and when it reaches the mark that you require (soft, medium or hard) that is when to remove the eggs.
Perfect results are attained whether you boil from cold or add to boiling water.
A must buy!!
James

5.0 out of 5 stars AKA Boiled Eggs For Dummies, 9 May 2008
Jimbo "Jimbo L" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Egg Perfect Colour Changing Egg Timer (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this for my other half as she was having problems and experiencing tremendous frustration when boiling eggs. This was one of those 'little' presents which turned out to be one of the best things I have bought for her.
Thanks to this strange little gizmo she is now an expert egg boiler. It is easy to use, easy to understand and helps to make a perfect boiled egg every time. If only everything was as simple as this.......

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 14 April 2009
Darren Grant (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Egg Perfect Colour Changing Egg Timer (Kitchen & Home)
These work quite well, I have just bought a new one as the old one fell apart after a while. Seeing as they are not expensive I'm not to bothered that I had to replace it.

They are made from a clear plastic in two halves with a thin film (the red bit) glued in-between. We found that after a while the clear plastic begins to cloud a bit making it hard to see and eventually the two halves separate.

So I would say consider it a disposable item and you won't be disappointed. It really does work quite well, the eggs do come out as indicated on the timer (soft, med, hard).

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't boil an egg without it!!!, 4 May 2008
Jezz "Jezz Bullock" (NEWCASTLE, STAFFS United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Egg Perfect Colour Changing Egg Timer (Kitchen & Home)
This perfect, when i purchased this I was sceptical about the results, but i eventually got one just to see if is a good as people say, IT IS!

For me the yolk should be runny and the white solid, after a few uses i now get a perfect egg every time. Also when it comes to hard boiled eggs it allows me to have hard boiled eggs without them turning to bullets. Whats more it doesn't matter if you cook one or a dozen eggs, although six is the most I've cooked at once, you still get the same results!

Last Christmas many of friends and family got one of these there gifts, some laughed others didn't look that impressed, after when i saw people i got there accounts of perfect eggs and told that some are having a boiled eggs for breakfeast because now they know that it will be cooked to perfection.

If you know some one setting up home or going away to university i would say give them one of these, after all a properly boiled egg is a quick economic meal.

When i go camping i used to take it with me, now i don't have too; I brought another that i leave with my camping gear

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect eggs every time, 15 Oct 2009
I wasn't overly optimistic when I bought this item after reading other reviews but I must say I think it's wonderful. The problems some people seem to have is that the display is hard to read after the water boils. I have overcome that by turning the heat right down to a mild simmer. The bubbling water then does not obscure the wording on the timer. The first egg is a bit of hit or miss and provides a guide to exactly where on the chart you prefer your eggs. I have found that half way between soft and medium gives me a perfectly cooked white but a soft yoke.

All I need now is one that beeps when it reaches my chosen mark and I'll be even happier. The question has to be, is it more effective than just putting the eggs in a pan and setting your timer, which DOES beep when ready ..... I can't honestly say it is but, since I bought my two Timers (I got one for a friend who was asking for one) at a reasonably cheap price, I am happy with my purchases.

Egg Perfect Colour Changing Egg Timer