5.0 out of 5 stars A Michael Monroe masterpiece., 25 Aug 2009
SJ (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Not Fakin' It (Audio CD)
Not sure if this is the best Michael Monroe CD hmm could be Jeruaslem Slim, can't decide. Anyway this is the 2nd time I have bought this album so that must mean something.
Lively rock and roll, great lyrics. Everything you would expect from such an amazing talented guy. There's no tracks to be skipped every one from Dead Jail or Rock N Roll all the way through to Thrill Me are worth listening to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just good old fashioned great entertainment, 20 Jun 2012
Trev-R (Boston UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Not Fakin' It (Audio CD)
Until a couple of weeks ago I had never heard of Michael Monroe I was flicking through the channels on Sky and came across a concert on the Arts channel from 2011 in London and Michael Monroe was just starting his set. I was totally blown away by the energy and the good old fashioned rock tinged with a bit of glam.

I ordered a couple of his albums and this is the first to turn up. It is so good, I have had it on about 5 times already today. I don't think there is a track I don't like but for me Dead, Jail or Rock and Roll is my favourite. If you want an album to blow away the cobwebs and stamp your feet to then this is just the job. So pleased I switched Sky Arts on that day !

5.0 out of 5 stars sssuperb, 11 Oct 2009
This review is from: Not Fakin' It (Audio CD)
this is the album that still gets the hairs on the back of my neck up ,,,all songs are great and the great times i had when i bought this on vinyl years back,,,the man monroe is top of his game ..in hanoi or not,,, the artful dodger scotland

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Superstar (That Never Was), 6 Oct 2009
This review is from: Not Fakin' It (Audio CD)
Along with his debut album 'Nights Are So Long' this is a stormer. There's the fast tracks 'Dead...', 'She's No Angel' (a cover of The Heavy Metal Kids/Gary Holton {Wayne out of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet} penned song), 'Not Fakin' It', 'Shakedown', 'Thrill Me' & the heartfelt 'All Night With The Lights On' - no it's not about that(!) and one of the songs that would have been a chart hit if destiny had been kinder to the former Hanoi kid 'Man With No Eyes'. A truly gutsy delivery Mr. Monroe.
Nights Are So Long
Two Steps From The Move

5.0 out of 5 stars cool, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Not Fakin' It (Audio CD)
this was michael monroes breakout album after leaving the brilliant hanoi rocks.it has some of the best stuff he has ever written on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars After Hanoi and Still Fantastic, 2 April 2011
This review is from: Not Fakin' It (Audio CD)
I first brought this when I was a student, it was fantastic then, it' still just as good now, just about to order another copy, it worth every penny every re-listen just quite simply one of the best albums I ever owned. It's well produced the lyrics are often a bit more than one would expect and there is an innate sense of humour just brilliant

4.0 out of 5 stars Mike Monroe keeps the faith, 27 May 2010
Howard M. W. Young (Birmingham , Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Not Fakin' It (Audio CD)
A good,straight forward take on all the bits of trash/glam rock n roll that personified the prior band he was in ! And I loved so very much.
Enjoy
Nuff said.

Not Fakin' It
Not Fakin' It by Michael Monroe (Audio CD - 2007)