5.0 out of 5 stars A blast from the past!, 9 Mar 2013
This review is from: 3 Gerry Anderson Classics - Supermarionation - Joe 90 / Captain Scarlet / Stingray [DVD] [1964] (DVD)
I bought these as a present for my husband and the whole family have been watching one episode a night after dinner. The kids love them and I find myself on the edge of my seat at times. Sounds daft considering these are only puppets but the stories are great and my husband remembers them first time around. Having six or seven episodes of each series is a great way to get back into these characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah, childhood revisited., 7 Dec 2012
M. SULLIVAN - See all my reviews
Classic children's series'. A times very corny but, if you saw it first time round you'll still love it. Thouroughly recommend it, especially for my Grandson's library when he visits on a rainy day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Old Show, 25 Mar 2013
Good to remember the old T.V shows
when I was A kid and glad to be able
to buy them to watch again after all
these years.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Classics 03, 25 Nov 2012
This is an excellent product which is very good value because you get three for the price of one instead of just one.Adults will like this because it takes them back to when they were children. Also boys will love this more than girls will.

5.0 out of 5 stars supermarionation, 28 Nov 2012
Im really pleased with all of these discs brought back a lot of happy memories,fun and laughts all the way many thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars So good they're great, 20 Jun 2014
Friend of Dorothy (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
These shows were great in the 60s when I first watched them aged 6 or 7 and they're still great. I still recall the sheer thrill of watching Thunderbirds (sadly not in this set, but shown often on TV over the years) on my parents' black and white TV. Even without colour the excitement generated by the music and the action was terrific. Quite a step up from Andy Pandy, my previous favourite.

It made me laugh recently when I heard a BBC executive say something like "kids today like more jeopardy in their TV viewing than in days gone by". You can't get more jeopardy than in a Gerry Anderson show. For goodness sake, Captain Scarlet actually died at the end of every show, usually in a fire or crushed by a boulder. In Dr Who hardly anyone ever perishes - they're too busy showing they're in touch with their emotions.

One observation from a 21st Century perspective: I think Joe 90's dad would get a call from social services for sending his son out on secret missions against armed and dangerous criminals. Didn't bother me in 1969 though; I still have my Joe 90 membership card somewhere

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD RESTORATION, 17 April 2014
A LOT OF THE BEST OF GERRY ANDERSONS SUPERB CLASSIC PUPPETS
BRINGS BACK A LOT OF MEMORIES OF MY YOUTH

5.0 out of 5 stars gerry anderson x3, 15 April 2014
I grew up watching these - so was more than happy to get a taste of all 3 series on one dvd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back loads of memories, 26 Feb 2014
Nice quality , good value , well packed . My children bought it for me but I think they are hooked on it too !

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stories that have stood the test of time, 1 Jan 2014
I bought this for my 7 year old who loves Thunderbirds, and he loved them! I last watched them nearly 40 years ago and they are as good as I remember them. If you or your children love Thunderbirds then you will love this.