5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant
Sony memory stick adaptor has made downloading my pictures from camera to computer so much easier, no longer do I need to connect camera just simply remove memory card from camera and insert into sony memory stick adapter which fits straight into computers card reader and your away brilliant.
Published on 31 Aug 2010 by pitmouse

2.0 out of 5 stars Rather unreliable
My Sony Cybershot DSC-W17 camera takes Memory Stick Pro, which are now quite hard to come by. I recently wanted to buy a Pro stick but ended up with with adaptor and a Pro Duo. All was well for a little while but I have the following gripes:

Published on 5 July 2007 by MEC

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 31 Aug 2010
This review is from: Memory Stick Duo adaptor for Memory Stick and Memory Stick Pro (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Necessary, 31 Jan 2006
DL Productions UK (Merseyside, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This really is an essential piece of kit that you'll need if you use Memory Stick Pro Duos, or just duo cards. It's very simple to use, just pop it in the adapter and it's ready to go.
One thing that did concern me was when I was using it in my Lexmark printer, it wasn't that easy to pull out, but thats not Sony's fault.
It works very nice in Sony equipment with the spring mechanism though
If you have a PSP or digital camera, this really should be part of your arsenal

5.0 out of 5 stars memory stick duo adaptor for memory stick, 28 Sep 2010
Quick delivery. The adaptor fits and works perfectly with my Dell studio laptop. 100% satisfied.

2.0 out of 5 stars Rather unreliable, 5 July 2007
MEC (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews

1. The stick and adaptor don't fit well in my camera, and it's very hard to take out unless you remove the batteries first.
2. More and more often now, I get "memory stick error" on the camera when I turn it on - even when the camera was working fine shortly before, and nothing had been changed.
3. "Memory stick error" means you can't take photos and you end up wasting time fiddling around with the memory stick until it decides to work.
4. You may lose photos you already took before the error.
5. I have a Sony Vaio laptop with a slot designed for Memory Stick Pro. The adaptor does not fit in it - it is too wide.

Other people here seem to have found the adaptor and Pro Duo combo OK, but I've not been happy. My advice is, buy from somewhere reputable where you can return it if it doesn't work and beware sellers claiming to be selling a Pro stick when it's actually an adaptor and a Pro Duo - that's where I made my mistake.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy from this seller!, 17 Mar 2013
If you have to purchase a memory stick pro duo adaptor, do so from elsewhere.

I am pretty sure the product sold to me is a fake, and a very poor one at that. It did not come in any packaging. The build quality is very bad and cheap feeling. There were creaking sounds coming from the adaptor with any slight press. The top part of the adaptor (where it says "Memory Stick Duo Adaptor") came off when I was inserting a memory stick pro duo into it. The metal contacts were bent.

In addition to this, the adaptor did not fit easily into the memory stick pro slot on my camera. To get it in you would have to push hard, and I'm sure the adaptor would get stuck in the slot.

Do not buy from this seller.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfit For Purpose, 30 July 2008
My experience is that Memory Stick Pro is difficult to obtain. So bought Pro Duo + Adaptor, to use in my W15 Camera and the built in Memory Stick reader in my Vaio PC. The adaptor does not fit into the Memory Stick slot on either of these devices. It goes in, but it's that tight it's similar to trying to put your size 9 foot into a size 8 shoe. And if you do manage to get it in, the press once to release and remove, fails. I had to get mine out of the side of my PC with pliers! The adaptor is now useless. Do not buy the adaptor to use in equipment designed before Pro Duo was developed. To Sony I would say this has to be incompetent development, why?

1.0 out of 5 stars memory stick duo adaptor - dont buy!, 19 Dec 2009
could not get adaptor to work... and then couldnt get it out of my camera again. Be warned!

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems here!, 14 Mar 2006
Mr. N. Morgan "Green Knight" (High Wycombe, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Works a treat with my 1gB Mmemory Stick Pro Duo fitted into a Belkin 15-in-1 card reader & 3-port USB hub.
The adaptor looks a bit on the flimsy side, but as long as you're not ham-fisted with it, it should give you good service.

1.0 out of 5 stars Item fails to work, 9 April 2014
Adapter doesn't read the memory card, would not recommend. Poor packaging, potentially damaged during the postal period or the item itself is faulty.

1.0 out of 5 stars Memory Stick Adaptor, 20 May 2008
Keith R. Finch (Folkestone, Kent) - See all my reviews
My advice to anyone thinking perhaps they might be buying a straight Memory Stick Pro is be careful you do not get the card with the adaptor. Frankly, I agree with the other review, it simply does not work well. I also got "File Error" messages and the preview function did not work well on my Cybershot camera with the adaptor in. I was annoyed becuase I ordered the straight card WITHOUT an adaptor but got the adaptor, which as said, simply did not work. So be warned.