Colour: Julienne Peeler|Change

on 20 October 2014
I ordered this to make courgette spaghetti - and it works! The cutting part is quite sharp as noted in previous reviews, but then again, it's a peeler, people! So far I still have not had to shed any finger parts and I'm quite clumsy by nature, but I usually make sure I hold it at the opposite end of the vegetable where I'm using the peeler on. As long as you handle it carefully, you should be okay. I especially like the little plastic lid that covers up the cutter when not in use.
on 1 June 2015
This is a fantastic little peeler. I use it to make courgette spaghetti. It does the job, super quick and very well. I find myself looking for other vegetables to peel, because it is such good fun. I know, I need to get out more. :-)
on 23 January 2014
I, along with may of my peers, have gone on a major health kick as a result of overindulgence at Christmas and after 2 weeks of nothing but steamed vegetables I was completely bored. I've read lots of reviews about vegetable spaghetti and thought id give it a try. There are lots of cheap julienne peelers out there but I thought I'd splash out a bit more and get one that looked sturdy. When it arrived I was pleased to see that there is a safety guard on the blade as it is very sharp. I won't lie it took me a while to get the hang of it as it is a slightly different motion to using a normal Y peeler but I was very pleased with the results. I have used this on carrot and courgette and it works just as well with either.

The only downside is when you get to the end of the vegetable you get a little chunk left over that gets scrapped unless you chop it up manually but it is a small price to pay for having perfect ribbons of veg! I haven't yet attempted any other veggies but I have been recommended I try sweet potato so looking forward to that. I highly recommend this product for its easy of use, comfort of handling and great results.
on 28 August 2015
The best tool for making courgette spaghetti - simple and quick - the resulting 'pasta' is so fine that it only needs to be steamed for a few minutes. Also great for preparing fresh crunchy vegetables for salads.
review image
on 18 March 2013
I bought this because I needed to julienne courgettes, I had previously bought a mandolin for that task but found it cut the courgettes too thick along with my fingers and thumb. This on the other hand :) is easy to handle and juliennes to the perfect width just like your typical spaghetti. The guard seems like a thoughtful feature also.
on 19 April 2011
Works like a dream! Instead of having to get out my mandoline and fit the special blade, just draw this little gadget down a carrot, courgette, mooli, green pawpaw etc., and instant really fine julienne strips. Then just a quick rinse under the tap and that's it. I don't know how I lived without it.
on 17 September 2008
It's easier to use and clean than a traditional julienne device (where you push and pull the vegetable through a mesh of blades). Not for everyone, though. It's very sharp and will take a chunk out of the unwary and I never seem to be able to julienne a whole carrot (always leaves chunks at the end). With those caveats, recommended.
on 16 October 2009
I found this product very good and have made my life easier. It is value for money. I do recommend OXO julienne peeler to all. I bet you will not regret.
on 25 May 2013
Its probably just me, but I just cannot get on very well with it, the blades keep moving about, so I am back to my old favourite, the knife!
on 17 April 2016
Well, it works, kind of. As I haven't had any other spiralizers or similar type julienne peelers, I have no point of comparison, but I'm not very happy using this product. I always manage to hurt myself with it, and peeling with it is not the easiest job in the world. I think my next spiralizer will be an actual spiralizer machine the use of which is (hopefully?) not so frustrating.