5.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the low price put you off!
I bought this software thinking it would be little more than a wav editing suite with maybe a few more bells and whistles and was not really expecting GREAT results but mearly to clean up some old recordings to burn onto cd.
Published on 2 Oct 2003 by Jason Gaston

2.0 out of 5 stars Clicks and pops
Let me preface this with a statement that this is lovely software.
However, I bought it for a specific purpose - to copy my vinyl records to CD. The process for this is extremely well explained and I was very pleased with how easy everything was - until I came to hear the results.
Published on 29 Jan 2004 by elgar22

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the low price put you off!, 2 Oct 2003
Jason Gaston "Uncle Jay" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 Deluxe (CD-ROM)
I was pleasantly surprised that first of all was an intro video explaining exactly what it did and how to do it (no need to open the manual at all) Secondly when I imported a recording taken from a 1967 album by Jake Thackray (its not mine honest guv!!) and used the features it had just took me thought I was nothing short of astonished! In a nutshell IT REALLY DOES TAKE OUT ALL THE BACKGROUND NOISE, HISSES, CRACKLES, POPS, RUMBLES ETC!
This software had Tons and Tons of other features including importing avi VIDEO files and re mastering the sound on them too.
B O T T O M L I N E ! ! !
THIS PRODUCT DOES EXACTLY AS ADVERTISED AND THE END PRODUCT YOU GET REALLY DOES DEFY THE LOW PRICE TAG! 100% FULLY RECOMENDED

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome cleaning power, 28 Jan 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 Deluxe (CD-ROM)
Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 is absolutely amazing. I have been using it to archive my old vinyl albums onto CD. It easily removes most clicks and pops from damaged records and with a bit more work it can remove surface noise to produce almost CD quality sound and dynamic range. I have even used it to remove hiss laid down into the vinyl from the master recording, making the CD copy even better than the original. (And for those Doubting Thomases who don't think you could produce decent quality hifi sound by digitally reprocessing material on a home computer, I am a real hi-fi nut using Krell equipment and Sonus Faber speakers - serious gear with a serious pair of ears on the end).
Some of the functions have to be used with care though if you are a true audiophile, because it is very easy to over-process the sound and produce some nasty side-effects.
One disappointing failing of the software is that the CD burner function does not work at all with my system, which has a fairly standard Philips CD writer fitted. Despite many attempts to rectify the fault it could not be made to work, so instead I save processed WAVE files to the hard disk then burn CDs using my Adaptec CD burning software. It is a bit more work, but the end results are definitely worth the extra effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Ronseal, 9 Feb 2004
simon mills (Leamington Spa, Warwickshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 Deluxe (CD-ROM)
After struggling unsuccesfully to get Nero to convert my old LP collection .wav and burn to CD's, I lost all patience and risked buying this Magix software. All I wanted was a simple method of putting an LP on a turntable, recording it to hard drive and burning it to CD. This programme is completely logical, allows CD-text input, automatically puts in CD markers to allow track skipping, which can be manually inserted as well and as our varnish manufacturers say - it does exactly what it says on the can. Highly recommended, very simple, completely logical and at this price a complete steal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Eccellent package for capturing and cleaning your old vinyl, 9 July 2004
This review is from: Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 Deluxe (CD-ROM)
I needed audio capture software both to digitise my old vinyl collection and burn it to CD and also to record and apply post production to my DJ mixes.
Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 does everything I needed it to and more. It is very simple to use, the user interface is very intuitive and all the information you need whilst performing any task is clearly displayed.
Capturing audio from any source hooked up to your PC is straightforward.
The software provides a number of post production tools which help to remove unwanted noise from the finished recording, such as crackles and pops. There are also a number of options for adding that final gloss to your recordings and enhancing the overall sound.
The big bonus for DJ's is the ability to insert track markers into a recording, providing the ability to make a continuous hour long mix complete with track markers which will be recognised by a standard CD player.
All in all Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 Deluxe is one of the best pieces of audio capture software available at this sort of price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all round program, 29 Mar 2005
ohms law (Dublin Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 Deluxe (CD-ROM)
This is the Sound clean-up program that puts all others to shame. It simple to use and it does excatly what it says on the box.For me it installed and ran without any problems or crashes
on Win XP (sp2). Having had so much problems with other Sound capture software (Creative\Pinnacle\and Adobe) Sound lab 2004 was like a breath of fresh air! Its interface is so cool looking ,and on my PC so responsive. The conversion of Wave\CD files to MP3's is just flawless. Old Lp's and noisy tape tracks can quickly be given a new life and there are plently of adjustments available to get the best from your recordings. If you can hear the sound in Windows - Sound lab 2004 can record it
and this is a great bonus for recording mp3 files. The software
also comes with a Media manager which will also handle all your
media files without any gliches. 2 great programs on one disk
-what more could you ask for! This sofware is well worth its price tag...

5.0 out of 5 stars An audio beginner's view, 13 Mar 2004
Mr. I. Macdonald (Eastleigh, Hants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 Deluxe (CD-ROM)
Installation is not only a dawdle but includes two excellent videos on hardware setup and program use. Ideal for the beginner. I wanted to transfer what is disparagingly termed "old vinyls" to CDs. Although the vinyls were in bad shape, the Wizards removed hiss and crackles with ease making the end product a real joy. Wilhelm Kempff, Daniel Barenboim and others have been given a permanent new lease of life. And I haven't even begun to use the more advanced tools.
My only criticism is that Magix could have provided more comprehensive instructions on how to maximize the input signal, which is absolutely vital. The simple answer is to put the line in volume control at maximum, everything else is set to zero, then reduce stereo mix and aux until the recording level is optimal throughout.
Get those vinyls out. This product is excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, even for computer idiots, 2 Dec 2004
Mrs Alison Beaven (Leeds, W Yorks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 Deluxe (CD-ROM)
I bought this software to copy lots of LPs to CD. Although I know nothing of music files etc - don't even know what an MP3 is - we have recorded 60 LPs with it.
Instructions leave some important bits out - such as normalising volume after you've recorded the file, but a bit of trial and error at the start, and soon I felt like a professional.
Other than the time taken to play the LP, it takes around 20 minutes to set up recording, clean up and then burn the CD.
I love it - I can use it!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's what you are looking for., 7 Aug 2004
C. Lewis - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 Deluxe (CD-ROM)
If like me you want a programme to record your DJ sets to PC,
then split into individual tracks with no 2 second gap,
name and save to a file in any common audio format.
This is the software to buy!!!!
you can burn your creation straght away with the programme if you want to, i prefer though to save as a WAV file first then burn, mainly to maintain sound quality before destroying it to mp3, not that you notice that much in headphones but on decent hi-fi its horrid. Sound quality of recordings is superb, you have got every conceveable cleaning tool going i think,but itsno substitute for a clean record, another handy thing once recorded you can alter the volume recording so as to maximise volume on cd with no chance of clipping, No complaints at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Clicks and pops, 29 Jan 2004
This review is from: Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 Deluxe (CD-ROM)
Let me preface this with a statement that this is lovely software.
Somehow, the system puts in its own clicks and pops and they are far worse than the normal clicks and crackles from a vinyl LP. They can be removed with the cleaning software, but this leaves unacceptable periods of silence.
After trying several LPs, checking connections, turning off the virus checker, etc., I looked in the back of the manual to discover that this is a recognised fault, which seems to be related to the audio card (I have a Creative Audigy 2 in a Dell 3.2 GHz computer using XP).
I have been unable to rectify the problem following the manual's suggestions (the manual is candid enough to state that the suggestions don't always work). As a result, this software does not do what I bought it for. Caveat emptor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too complex, 11 Feb 2004
P. Benny - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 Deluxe (CD-ROM)
I was looking for something failry simple to help transferring my vinyl LPs onto CD.
Well, I think that this will do it. And, it says on the package that it can clean unwanted noise and more besides. But for me (a sophisticated Excel user), it was just too complex. The screen is cluttered, it is not intuitive to use, and the manual/help not helpful at getting started.
Maybe it is a good product. But I found something else called polderbits (they have their own website) that is simple and effective.

Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 Deluxe
Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 Deluxe by Fasttrak (Windows 2000 / 98 / Me / NT / XP)
Used & New from: £14.00