5.0 out of 5 stars Two Words. Get This!
Published on 11 Nov 2003 by exthuse

3.0 out of 5 stars The Truth
Published 9 months ago by Farhan Haq

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Two Words. Get This!, 11 Nov 2003
This review is from: Take A Look In The Mirror (Audio CD)
Korn have defined rock music forever. They have changed the face of it. They are back merely more than a year after the commerical failure of Untouchables. The latest single Right Now, is completely different to anything they have ever done. Its sheer briliance. There is also a new version of Did My Time, Alive and Play Me ft. Nas. This album deserves a coverted place in any Korn or rock fans CD Collection. It deserves a place next to the classic Nevermind. The songs have nothing bad about them, and there is also a hidden track of a studio version of Metallica's One! Enjoy Children!

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Album, 29 Mar 2004
This review is from: Take A Look In The Mirror (Audio CD)
After the disappointing Untouchables, I didnt know what to expect really. On the whole the album is one of korns better performances but there are some real downfalls.
Drumming, bass slapping from Fieldy and some funky riffs from head and munky keep you moving.
I dont know why but the balance in the album doesnt seem right to me. The lyrics stink, Jon repeatedly swears when theres no need really. Seems hes runnig out of ideas.
Nevertheless a decent buy, but I advise getting either their first album, or Follow The Leader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Y'ALL GET THIS ALBUM!, 28 Dec 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Take A Look In The Mirror (Audio CD)
Korn have gone back to their early days and have produced their best work yet! I dont know why they produced it themselves, since i thought Untouchables was a pretty good album(come on,it's not that bad!), but i'm glad the critics trashed it cause it led them to create this monster of an album!
It starts off explosively with the catchy right now and the scream fest that is Break some off, you will need to take a seat after hearing these songs cause they invite you to mosh like you've never moshed before..and we're only getting started! Infact, to cut if short, all the songs invite you to mosh like you've never moshed before! Highlights includs Deep inside,Play Me,Y'all want a single(such a cool song and apparently is their next single),did my time,let's do this now..heck the whole album is a highlight! Just buy it, even if your just getting into korn.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good not great, 28 May 2006
This review is from: Take A Look In The Mirror (Audio CD)
It is definately the heaviest korn album around but definately not the best.Davies' lyrics are not as emotional or as memorable as other previous efforts.However, some of the songs are brilliant 'right now' is pure anger,'break some off' is korns heaviest song in my opinion with davies' growling like a death metaller,'counting on me'is a brilliant peice of melodic metal with a brilliant,powerful chorus,'here it comes' is brilliant screaming and heaviness,'did my time' is brilliant with a crushing climax, and 'everything ive known'is a wonderfully creepy gothic song with brilliant guitaring.This album is just not consisten enough to get five(and barely gets 4).The songs ive mentioned are the best and the others I missed are either average of just plain bad(especially 'play me').

4.0 out of 5 stars Converts ahoy!, 19 Feb 2004
This review is from: Take A Look In The Mirror (Audio CD)
I'd never been a great Korn fan before, despite liking a few of their singles, I'd never felt the urge to go and buy an album. After buying this for my fiancée's birthday, I decided to steal a listen first.
Despite my disappointment at "Play Me" (I never did like the heavy/rap pairing.) I was hooked. I loved "Did My Time", on the soundtrack for Tomb Raider's sequel, and "Alive" and "Counting on Me" just set the album off for me completely.
Say hello to a newly converted fan! Just don't expect me to follow my partner's lead and start crying at the very mention of Head's hair... oy.

5.0 out of 5 stars What Untouchables should have been..., 29 Nov 2003
This review is from: Take A Look In The Mirror (Audio CD)
I was sadly disappointed when KoRn released Untouchables. Issues really set a benchmark and was a beast of an album. Quite simply, Take A Look In The Mirror is the album that I had hoped Untouchables would be. KoRn invented the 'nu-metal' genre and continue to define it as all the other short-lived bands fall to the side. Key tracks are the 'Did My Time' single, 'Everything I've Known' and the amusing 'Y'all Want A Single' middle finger to commercialism. JD brings the power back on their sixth album...angry and unashamedly heavy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Korn ,,,, take a look in the mirror!, 26 Dec 2003
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Korn burn the place down constantly with good music! buy this now or somehow acuire a copy by deviant means! all you non belivers who are bowling around saying untouchables was rubbish, need to "take a look in the mirror" as the boys are obviously rock monsters of our day and need to be treated with respect!
the children of the korn unite!

4.0 out of 5 stars Featuring some classic tracks!, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Take A Look In The Mirror (Audio CD)
The sixth studio album release sees Korn sounding defiant and angry! The album kicks off with the aggressive in-your-face 'Right now'. It really gets the adrenalin going and sets the tone for the rest of the album. Other album highlights include the single 'Did my time' featuring superb vocals and 'alive' (where it's message of survival appeals to this listener). 'Im done' is another slice of classic Korn where an irrated Jonathon Davis sings "I'm done being there for others they have their pain and so do I". The anger continues but this time it's directed at the music industry with 'Y'all want a single'. It's by far the catchiest track on the album and contains a lot of expletives but you cant help but smile when listening to this especially as they did release it as a single which is super ironic. The album closes strongly with 'when will this end' with Jonathon again laying his bleeding heart out and wishing all the pain to stop. A very good record that will fit in nicely with your Korn collection. I also reckon that this would be a good starting point for anyone getting into Korn as it captures well the rage and passion of the band.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Truth, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Take A Look In The Mirror (Audio CD)
After reading other reviews for this album I felt I should give my opinion to give balance. Prior to this release Korn had staggered us all with 5 excellent albums, it would have been almost impossible to maintain the standard, they didn't. This is by no means a bad album by normal standards but by Korn's its just ok. Even the band aren't so proud of this one, Head hates it. Having said all that there are a few gems here, 'Right Now' is pure aggression but with a kick ass groove, 'Did My Time' is another that stands out ( a left over from the 'Untouchables' sessions), 'Everything I've Known' is sheer class and 'Play Me' is one of the last decent raps from Nas.

After 'Untouchables' their albums never quite reached the heights of the first 5 until 'Korn iii Remember Who You Are', however they all hold enough good stuff to warrant buying them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Take A Look In The Mirror (Audio CD)
This album is absolutely incredible. It's deep and dark but so alive with interesting guitar and that awesome bass sound.
Overall I just love it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Take A Look In The Mirror
Take A Look In The Mirror by Korn (Audio CD - 2004)