on 13 June 2004
Die hard fans of Megaman X *should* love this game. On other reviews ive read, die hard X fans have slandered the smallest points in this game. Being a die hard fan myself, after playing this game I see no real bad points about this game and no reason why any fan should not enjoy it.
Good points:
Megaman in 3D, it's great to see the characters brought to life. Helps you to see what the cast really look like.
Three characters, X, Zero and Axl, each with their own unique powers. Cunningly, you can only play Zero and Axl for the first six or so stages. This is good as die hard fans might have ignored Axl and just stuck with the classic X and Zero. This is imperative as according to popular belief only die hard fans should buy this game.
Character switching system. You pick two characters at the start of the level and can switch between them. This helps with puzzles and certain enemys.
Most people say the camera angles are annoying and that they get in the way constantly. However I found the camera angles completely fine, only bothering me once for about 5 seconds. Whichever die hard fans complained about the camera angles, musn't be very good at Megaman, opting to stay on the same spot for an hour or two. Overall the camera angles help you and make interesting boss battles as you can rotate 360 degrees.
Stays classic to Megaman X. Weapons after bosses, capsules, boss room at the end of the game and the classic Sigma battle.
Bad points:
The voice acting wasn't perfect. However I didn't find it awful, it was actually quite funny. X sounds like a small squeaky pokemon, his voice is that proposterous. However Zero has a good voice, and Axl's is standable.
There is also a plot loop in the storyline, concerning Zero still being in the series. I say who cares, it's another Megaman X game. I'd rather have Zero than no Zero. We were all complaning about not getting to play Zero earlier in the series, so why are we complaining that he's here.
Another bad point is that if you say you like this game then prepare for a beating by the die hard fans. They don't seem to notice that the upcoming Megaman X Command Mission is 3D *and* an RPG, for which they have undying praise. It seems blasphemy doesn't come into other Megaman games, just this one.
Overall this is a great game that is a must for all Megaman fans and new fans to the series. Even if you don't know what Megaman is, this game is still worth buying.
on 15 December 2015
I have fond memories of the Megaman games, and I purchased this for my PS2 literally because it popped up as a 'you might also like this' promo, and I thought why not. I'll tell you why not. I realised that the disc was secondhand when I bought it, but the seller had a good star rating, so along with the purchase I went. Unfortunately, the previous owner didn't seem to have much respect for discs, as was evidenced by the number of scratches on it that, quite frankly, rendered the damn thing unplayable, unless you happen to enjoy watching a stalled image or flickering screen. I didn't even manage to save the game once - I never made it to the first save option.
on 5 November 2011
the game play is okay, but the main negative point is that the games story and missions are tooooo easy and very short, beat 8 stages and your up against the 1st of the last bosses, and i dislike the selecting the next stage like some reject of crash bandicoot, the stages are so easy you could probably eat,read and complete it. i like the 3D part of the game no much for 2D. but "if you like classic 2d and 3d shooting but with lazer sword and lazer guns, i recommend this game. it has action and cool stages, its simmiler to sonic games but i would say its more better in its characters and settings."
on 28 October 2013
Haven't played Megaman X series since long ago X3 on my SNES and now I found this item, it's really different from the 2D I was used to but worth playing for any Megaman fan!
on 14 January 2014
It was like I expected (game fluid,nice graphics,awesome soundtrack),the only if...too short! Dispise this it's a good game, I recommended.
on 23 April 2016
Great seller,fast post,A+++,thank you.
on 25 March 2005
Hi everyone!
Actually I play only on my consoles Gamecube and PS2 the Megaman games..... I played it a huge time Megaman X7, and I must say if you are not a die hard fan of the blue bomber it is quitte a stupid game and unconforteble. I am by myself a superb die hard because like I said I have only Megaman games and a fiew Mario games. The problem - for those who are quitte new to the series - is that Megaman is not made to be used in 3D style. Thus I find it a very good game, actually I must say superb for its 3D type, but we must say that his history as 2D defennetly is the best. I recommend games like the original games and the 2D X series games for those who aren't a die hard fan and maybe the "original Battle Network game" Network transmission, because that is 2D. I find the Ballte Network games - GBA and Gamecube games - now at the moment, the most of us, better than the PS2 X games. But it is after all for everyone a game that may heve a chance to play it, it's worthed it! ;-)