4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth going down the shops for
Published on 8 Mar 2004 by andytheranx

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 16 Feb 2004
This review is from: Think On Your Feet (Audio CD)
After bopping away in Ibiza last year to the fab hit Complete ft Xara, i was really hoping that this would be one artist who with the cool formula of RnB pop who would come up with the goods with an excellent album. Jameison does not disappoint at all. The tracks are mostly dance orientated. True Ft Angle Blue is my favourite track, this was apparently released in January but I have never seen it in the shops and looked high and low for it. Take Control is another great single with amazing Mixes which when played in the local club doesnt fail to get people on the dancefloor, there are plenty of tracks to get you moving, Bounce, Touch, Next 2 me, I got this feeling are among the 14 tracks on this CD. There are some slower tracks too with a cool vibe, Break to the beach and Common Ground stand out there. The only track which grinds abit is Better you Know ft Viper, other than that its a fab album. If I were Jameison I would review his record company support as this album and his singles dont get enough support and airplay which for a good artist like this isnt a good thing as these days pop stars are more disposable than nappies. Keep it up Jameison!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 13 Feb 2004
Sam Sherwood (Wokingham, Berkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Think On Your Feet (Audio CD)
This album is absolotely essential to anybody after a decent release from an up and coming artist. Surely album of the year and we're only in february! Jaimeson provides a variety of styles on this record, and it feels as though he has been producing for years. The lyrics dropped on 'Selecta' give an insight into his lyrical genius whereas the soothing lyrics laid by Xara on 'Say Anything' give off a completely refreshing vibe never before felt by a garage artist. Simply an essential purchase, with any luck jaimeson will receive the fame he deserves from producing a quality record.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love Jaimeson!!!!!!, 17 Mar 2004
This review is from: Think On Your Feet (Audio CD)
This is my first review and I thought I’d review my favorite producer/dj/mc Jaimeson.
I have been waiting for the release of this album but after reading the prior reviews I thought I would be disappointed with this album but I am pleased (with a couple exceptions)
After the hits True (which hit #4 in Jan 03) and Complete (#4 in Aug 03), this is Jaimeson’s debut album. The album contains 14 tracks with musical styles ranging from garage to hip hop; five guest artists accompany Jaimeson on this musical journey.
1.True feat. Angel Blu – Of course we all know this one which was a massive hit last year; this is a garage type track featuring rap-talk vocals from Angel Blu. I loved this song from the minute I heard it, Angel Blu’s vocals, Jaimeson’s mc and the catchy chorus makes this a winner. 10/10
2. Selecta feat.Viper – I’m not real fond of this one, for some reason I don’t like this, I’ve never listened to it fully because I kind of find it annoying but that’s jus my opinion. For now I’ll give this one 5/10
3. Take Control feat. Angel Blu – This was the recent single released early this year (it peaked at # 16). This a dance, latin tinged song featuring the rap-talk style of Angel Blu and a verse from the man Jaimeson. I didn’t like it at first but it has grown on me. 10/10
4. Complete feat. Xara – this is the first of five appearances of Xara on this album. I love this song, I hated it, I couldn’t stand it but like Take Control this has grown on me A LOT. I love how it starts of with the guitar and sounds like it’s going to be a mid-tempo number but then picks up at the drum and bass chorus. Killer track 11/10
5. Break To The Beach – this is a 31 sec. interlude
6. Common Ground feat Xara – This is the chill part of the album and this starts it off. Good song, it still has to grow on me some more. 7/10
7. Say Anything feat. Xara – Love this one, I thought Jaimeson’s album would have been all dance non-stop but this one is a ballad type track. Lush vocals from Xara make this a very beautiful song. 10/10
8. Next 2 Me feat, Jaydee – This is where the album picks back up; this is supposed to be the next single. I don’t like this one, I guess because I think it sounds a lot like Take control and that doesn’t go over well with me, this one might grow on me but for now 5/10
9. Bounce 04 feat. Xara – This is a hip hop type track, this kind of sounds like something missy or timberland would produce. Love it and once again we hear Jaimeson’s vocals on this one. 8/10
10. I Got This Feeling feat. Jaydee – Like Jaimeson said in the intro of this track “it’s a little bit funky.” This is a dance type track with some funk elements thrown in. It’s a good song 7/10
11. Thinking Of You feat. Xara – Another dance track. I love the lyrics and the guitar parts throughout the song. 9/10
12. Better You Know feat. Viper – I thought I wouldn’t like this one because I didn’t like the first Viper tune, but this one is good. It’s kind of garage/hip hop kinda track. This tracks reminds me of Busta Rhymes hit a couple years back (Gimme Some More). Jaimeson has a verse in this one. 10/10
13. Touch feat. Carla Marie – This is another hip hop kind of track, it features some middle eastern influences. This track doesn’t sound like any other track on the album. I really wish this verse had a verse from Jaimeson but Carla Marie does a good job on vocals for this song. 10/10
14. So Instinctual feat Carla Marie – This sounds like a Neptune produced track and I don’t like it. I think its real bad, what makes it bad for me is Carla Marie’s vocals on this song, I can’t listen to some parts of this song (it’s so bad). I don’t know but this song just doesn’t work at all. 2/10
Overall it’s a great album and I love it, it features different types of music all done to perfection which is why I think Jaimeson is a great producer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth going down the shops for, 8 Mar 2004
This review is from: Think On Your Feet (Audio CD)
This album from Jaimeson is definately what the artist said it was going to be like, not what we would expect from him. This album combines the well known dance tunes with a slower, chilled feeling to the album. As a Jaimeson fan however i think i was dissapointed that there was little in the way of dance tracks that had not previously been released. To be fair though the track does include something for everyone and you can tell that a lot of effort has gone into making this album. It is worth listening to although i believe that the singles already released are the main reasons why this album is going to be succesful

4.0 out of 5 stars WICKED!, 10 Feb 2004
This review is from: Think On Your Feet (Audio CD)
ABSOLUTLY WICKED... IM A BIG FAN OF JAMEASON AND THIS CEERTAINLY DIDNT LET ME DOWN

Think On Your Feet
Think On Your Feet by Jaimeson (Audio CD - 2004)