5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Christmas Disney Film
Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas consists of 3 short films.
The first is about Donald's Christmas, when his three nephews wish it was Christmas every day. their wish comes true, and at the ands of the story they realise what the true meaning of Christmas is about.
Published on 24 Dec 2007 by L. Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars For Older Kids
I purchased Mickeys twice upon a Christmas last year, and my 3 year old and myself loved it so much that I thought I would get this to add to the collection, but I am a bit disappointed, this does not have the same amount of Christmas fun that the second DVD does, the storys are bit more mature and are a bit depressing to follow, also and this is a big problem, the middle...
Published on 18 May 2012 by Dustinb

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Christmas Disney Film, 24 Dec 2007
L. Roberts (East Anglia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas consists of 3 short films.
The second is about Goofys Christmas. When Pete, their next door neighbour tells Goofy's son that Santa isnt real, he starts to think that there might not be a santa. this film is about Goofy trying to prove that there is a Santa for those who believe.
The third is a film about Mickey and Minnie mouse. They both have very low paying jobs so they each sell a valuable possesion of theirs to buy each other a present. Mickey sells his harmonica and minnie sells her gold watch. they both realise that just being with each other on Christmas is the best present you can give.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Disney Christmas Film, 20 Dec 2004
This review is from: Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
Mickey's Once upon a Christmas is a wonderful film based on what people get at Christmas. There are 3 wonderfully animated films. The animation is so good i wouldn't have been able to tell it was form 1999, if i hadn't known! There are 3 stories: the first one being about Donald, Huey,Dewie and Louie. This is my personal favourite, but it is just as good as the other two stories: A very Goofy Christmas: the tale of when Max and Goofy celebrate Christmas, form the main bulk of the film lasting about 23 mins. The final story is a Disney re-make of the Gift of the Magi, starring Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
All the stories are wonderful to watch and are such great entertainment. It only deserved to be sequelled because of it's sheer brilliance. Though sadly my one complaint of the Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas DVD is there are no extras, though this does not affect my opinion and so for me Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas deserves a minimum of 4 stars. A great film, a wonderful watch and a perfect Christmas present(along with Mulan:Special Edition and Mickey's Twice upon a Christmas)

5.0 out of 5 stars the best holiday company, 15 Sep 2004
This review is from: Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
I bought it from Amazon because I'm a Disney fan.I didn't however expect that my kids would love it that much.Although they didn't focus on the stories,they loved the animation and especially the Donald story.Teenagers loved the Mickey special which is an animated story of the "gift of the magi".Goofy and Max reminded us of the holiday spirit too.I would recommend it to all Disney fans but also to those who want a holiday DVD for their kids and expect good quality in it.Fabulous music!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mickeys Once Upon A Christmas DVD, 25 April 2010
T. O'Hara (Croydon - UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
Had never seen this until I brought it for my 2yr old granddaughter. She loves it and sits through all the storys. I was expecting Mickeys story to be first but it is actually Donald Duck and his nephews first. Each story has a moral (not sure if that is how you spell moral). I was very please with my purchase. My granddaughter asks questions all the way through and we explain the moral as we watch each story. Not only an excellent watch, but also a good teaching aid, helps children understand the true meaning of Christmas (not on a religeous level though). Children learn to enjoy the family and togetherness and not just the bonus of receiving presents. We watch this all year round, not just at Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars classic disney., 10 Dec 2003
This review is from: Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
A great dvd split into three main stories. Donald and the lads, goofy and maxie, and last but not least minnie and mickey. Its classic disney with all stories having a happy ending and a message to boot. kids will watch these again and again, and there may be a parent with a tear in their eye at the end of the dvd as well. Excellent stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Once upon a Christmas!, 21 Nov 2007
C. CSTEWART (Belfast, NI.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
My 3 year old currently loves this dvd (along with polar express and Twice upon a Christmas and Hi 5!)
My Personal fav is twice upon a christmas but there is no difference in story or morals....
Buy it if your child loves micky mouse and co...
If your adult you will enjoy it just as much (unless your scrooge! ;o))

4.0 out of 5 stars A NICE "FEEL GOOD" VIDEO FOR KIDS, 18 Sep 2001
By A Customer
This video is not, as you would typically expect from Disney, a feature length film. It is 3 short, unrelated "cartoons" about the holiday season. The first centres around Mickey and Minnie, giving the message that Christmas isn't just about presents but the people you share it with. The second is in typical "Goof Troop" style following Goofy and Max and their search for Santa Claus. The third features the whole Donald clan with favourites such as Huey, Duey and Louey exploring a child's dream of Christmas happening every day of the year...of course, with mishaps and lots of trouble. It isn't up to the normal Disney standard that we have come to expect but, after all, it is only a cartoon video and not a feature film. In traditional Disney style it is slightly slushy.....but it is Christmas. All in all a nice video that will certainly keep the kids amused for an hour.....

5.0 out of 5 stars More like '30 times upon a Christmas', 21 Jan 2010
F. Ockelford "Inglesmum" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
I brought this for my little boy (2 and a half) as he loved 'Twice upon a Xmas' so much... I was a bit hesitant when it came on as (unlike TUAC) it is traditional animation and not the more common CGI style of the Clubhouse shows that he loves.

This has been a real winner and I would not like to think how many times I have seen this over the Christmas period (have now replaced it with the Extreme Adventure and Musketeers DVD's as it seemed unseasonal once the snow had melted outside!) The three twenty minute stories are just the right length to hold the kids attention (my niece, 4, and nephew, 6, also love it).

The first story with Donald,Daisy and their nephews is funny and fast paced with a nice Christmas message at the end. Goofy and his son Max's story is my sons favourite (and, unlike other reviews, I felt it made the 'is Santa real question' quite magical).

The final story is the one I found quite strange and possibly slightly too 'grown up', involving Mickey and Minnie receiving 'final demands' and, in effect, pawning their treasured possessions to buy each other a special gift. But I think I was just reading far to much into it, my son found it highly enjoyable (and it stars his favourite 'Pete') and has a lovely Christmas message at the end.

The stories are joined together by a narrator and it makes for a very Christmassy family film. It also helped my little boy understand and appreciate his pre-Christmas trip to Euro Disney and was great to play in the car on the way there!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining., 16 Jan 2012
This review is from: Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
This dvd kept my grandaughter and everyone else in the room glued to the tv till the end. It was lovely,funny and enchanting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely christmas dvd, 13 Jan 2012
C. Thornber "C.Thornber" (Lancashire, U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my 4year old daughter as a christmas stocking filler and she absolutely loves it, it makes her (and me) into the christmas spirit. Not a bad price neither! All in all, brilliant film.

Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas [DVD]
Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas [DVD] by Toby Shelton (DVD - 2003)