on 4 August 2009
I was looking for a couple of pairs of cheap binoculars for when we visited a nature reserve on a boat. I didn't want to spend a lot on something that could fall overboard.

They're a bit on the heavy side and could do with a wider strap but apart from that they're excellent value. Smooth focusing action and a good clear view afforded by the 50mm objective lens even in low light levels.

Well worth the money.
0Comment25 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 October 2009
Great for the price. We wanted them for a boating trip watching wildlife - no problems. They are not advanced binoculars, but for the price & the spec's they do what you want. As always, great service from Amazon !
on 16 August 2009
This binoculars offer very good price/performance relationship. They are relatively light and the images are crisp and good. The only minus, is that the image on the border is not so sharp. I will recommend them as entry level binos, without doubt.
on 27 September 2011
Pros:

- price
- wide field of view
- portability

Cons:

- curvature of field is very pronounced near the edges compromising most daytime uses and limiting the usefulness of the wide field of view
- tends to lose focus (not very problematic)
- carrying case is too thin thus not providing very efective protection during transport

I use them primarly for stargazing and find them acceptable (didn't experienced any collimation issues; chromatic aberration is evident but very tolerable).You get a fairly decent product for []£ (you get what you pay for so don't expect too much for this price). Overall i'm satisfied with this purchase.
on 30 August 2009
Fantastic pair of binoculars for a fantastic price.Clear precise images and great depth of field.I like the weight and the robust feel of these bins.Overall a very satisfactory purchase.
on 10 February 2011
I tried a cheap telescope for star gazing and tiny binoculars for bird watching but this is better for both. I have used the telescope tripod as a steady and can clearly look at the moon and planets although they are not powerful enough to see details on the planets. They would be perfect as a finder for a better telescope. They are great for out walking as they are not too big but powerful enough to watch birds.
At this price [] they are a great start to either hobby and useful if you upgrade and won't break the bank.
Very happy.
on 7 February 2011
although these are recommended for over 13s, my 11 and 6-year olds (I bought two -binoculars, not kids!) love them. At the price it's well worth them both having the same bit of kit - they can keep up with each other, and not fight over who gets to see what for how long. They are not too big for the six-year old, so ignore the 13 thing. Optical quality is very good. I reckon you'd have to spend alot more to achieve substatially better. P.S. we use them also for astronomy, so the Moon and the moons of Jupiter are excitingly clear.
on 16 May 2011
i wanted a pair of binoculars to help identify garden birds with my children, these do exactly that, brilliantly.i think they maybe a little heavy, if holding for great lengths of time, but you really couldnt ask for any more for the price! i have no problems recommending them.
on 10 August 2011
On opening the box I was disappointed to find that the large lens and housing was not attached to the binoculars. After cleaning the threads I was able to screw the lens back on. I hope this was not a duff pair I have been shipped. (If I do get any trouble I will update this review. Probably would have given 5 out of 5 too).

Quality? Well this depends on what you are use too and your experience. If you are the type of person who has the best then i guess you will be disappointed with the quality of a £20 item. I am new to bird watching so have very little experience but I did test these binoculars against a 5 year old pair also 10x50. The Celestron 10x50 is far far better; the image is clear, sharp and easy to focus. I have used it at night too and was amazed at what i could see. I will be taking these binoculars on the Broads for a spot of Bird watching.

For a cheap pair of binoculars they seem to perform superbly.

Novice bird watcher
on 17 July 2011
I wanted a fairly inexpensive pair of binoculars for my husband's new interest in watching birds in our garden. As the garden's fairly small I needed ones with a short focal length.
These are very good at looking at things that are quite close, but boy are they heavy! Wish I'd looked around a bit longer to find something more suitable for our needs, but if you don't mind the weight they tick all the other boxes.