Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Learn more

on 5 January 2013
Things I love about this watch:
- It is beautiful, very contemporary, stylish and very feminine.
- It keeps excellent time.
- It's a little bit different.
- It is comfortable to wear, slimline and smooth.
- Everytime I look at it, I feel pleased that I bought it.

The things I was mildly miffed about:
- No instructions re clasp use or strap length adjustment come with this watch.

Clasp issues:
- Nothing abnormal detected so far, no slipping, loosening or falling off...this was something that concerned me about the watch prior to purchase, as it seemed to be the only major complaint about it, however, I think if you adjust the strap so it is a reasonably snug fit (not so it cuts off circulation of anything, just so it's not flopping about on your wrist)the clasp actually works very well and is a clever design. Personally, I like to wear watches so they stay in one spot, so this arrangement suits me fine.

Strap adjustment:
It took me a while to work out how to adjust the length of the strap, but once you know how, it's no problem...So here's how:
- Lay the watch on the table, face up, with the clasp end in the open position, pointing away from you.
- You should see a small, rectangular hole situated on top of the sled mechanism (which acts as a jammer to stop the watch adjusting itself at random).
- Using a small enough implement, eg. small scissors, or a screw driver from a lense repair kit, gentley lever up the sled mechanism by inserting whatever you are using for the job, and gentely pushing downwards.
- There will be a small amount of resistence, but then it should pop up like a car bonnet and allow you to slide it into the prefered position. Once you've adjusted it, just push it back down firmly and it should lock back into place.

I love this watch, it is my first Skagen watch, and I am very impressed! Hope this reveiw has been useful!
on 19 December 2011
I bought this watch with some birthday money I had been given and I love it. On the website it looks as if the surround is dark but it is in fact the same silver colour as the rest of the watch, which was really what I wanted. The crystals sparkle, especially under halogen lamps, which makes the watch more special. I recently saw this watch in an airline duty free catalogue at the price of £99 so it's excellent value on Amazon. Adjusting the bracelet isn't difficult but you need a pair of pliers to really push the clasp down securely.
on 25 October 2010
I have been looking at a good quality dress watch to give my wife as a 'surprise me' gift. Given my limited budget (should not be over £100), it was not the easiest job.

When I first saw a Skagen watch on the Amazon site, I was really amazed at how sleek-looking it was. With the price tag to match, this was the perfect fit for what I was looking for.

The product arrived well packed and secured. I got it gift-wrapped by Amazon with my message on the card. This is my first time buying something with the gift-wrap option and it was quite fun (and really convenient). The gift-wrapping was not the best but still looks better than what I could possibly come up with. The message was written well although it would have been better if I could select the font style (yeah I'm asking too much now).

My wife loved it! it was indeed very sleek and looks much more expensive than it's actual price. She can't even guess how much it is. Perhaps the only thing about it that would give away the price is the Skagen box. Although the design and colour are tasteful, being a cardboard box does not really scream expensive.

She liked the balance of the white face with the steel strap and the stones on the dial. Also, when in a very dim room with the tiniest of light source, the stones on the dial are easy to read. The size looks good on her too (she has small wrists).

Personally, I liked the style so much that I purchased a titanium gents Skagen watch for myself.
on 14 April 2010
From the moment I received this watch I absolutely loved it. It looks much more expensive than it is, and remains unscratched several years after I bought it. Without doubt it is the nicest watch I have owned in over 50 years. When I originally bought the watch I gave it 5 stars but I have now changed this to a 1 star review, and I have to say I would not buy a Skagen watch again.

I wear the watch every day and the clasp only seems to last about 18 months at most. After a while it gets very loose and does not 'click' firmly into place. It is only possible to buy a replacement from Skagen and that costs about £25. So the second time it went I took the watch to an old-fashioned independent jeweller in London who does repairs on the premises. He only charged £2 to bend the fastening back into place.

The second thing that has really annoyed me is the problem with replacement batteries. I asked my husband to take it to a jewellers in Manchester. He tried 5 different jewellers. Most wanted to send it back to Skagen rather than replace the battery but my husband was told it would take 6 weeks for Skagen to return it. Eventually he found a jeweller who would replace it for £25! Apparently the problem is that it needs to be re-sealed each time.

This is just too much hassle for a relatively cheap watch. It means every year or so you could spend £25 to replace the clasp or the battery.
44 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 September 2011
This is already the 3rd Skagen watch I bought. one for myself, one for my husband and one as a present for an aunt. All watches were of very good quality and look superb. We often get asked about the watches because they look extremely good and a lot more expensive than they really are. Can thoroughly recommend them.
on 12 January 2012
This watch looks really nice in reality. I've given it as a present with a big success.
What is a little bit odd to me is the inscription on the back of Skagen Denmark watch saying "Made in China with slim Swiss components" . But this is how the world is these days.
on 16 March 2014
I thought a smart and trendy watch would be just the thing for the good lady's birthday and noticed that the Skagen brand, which I hadn't previously heard of. regularly cropped up when browsing online. Taking a look in some watch stores and jewellers it's presence there too allied to some great reviews suggested their watches were worth a closer look.

There are dozens of different Skagen watches out there from current and past seasons collections so choosing one was difficult. In the end I settled upon this one given a combination of the price, the reviews, the look of the watch and being silver and relatively neutral meant it would go with many an outfit.

The packaging when it arrived caused me concern I must admit. The white sleeve in which the box was covered was slightly grubby, there were marks where tape had previously been and it had obviously been opened in the past. I wondered if I was being sold a return, and if so why had it been returned? Perhaps it had simply been opened for QC purposes, I don't know, but seeds of doubt were sewn.

As for the actual watch itself. Lovely! Has a classy, trendy look and happily the good lady took to it instantly. It has kept time perfectly and has been complimented on a couple of occasions the missus has worn it.

Securing the fastener at the optimum point on the strap as has been mentioned is quite a task and without the instructions very kindly listed by another reviewer I fear the wife and I might have given up.

But all things considered, it's been a good buy and a well liked gift.
on 31 January 2011
I love the look of this beautiful Skagen watch - it goes with absolutely everything I wear.

My only issue is that on the website it is listed as waterproof and yet on the manufacturer's information that came with the watch it seems that it is not.

I called Amazon and spoke to an advisor who said that it is waterproof, despite what the manufacturer says and that it will be covered by Amazon if it should fail to work after exposure to water.

Because I am a little dubious, I always remove the watch when washing-up or taking a shower etc

Fingers crossed!
on 2 April 2015
I bought this watch for my wife in November 2014. In middle of march the watch stopped completely. After renewing the battery two weeks ago it functioned again for a couple of days but has now stopped working again. I have been a steady costomer from Amazon for several years and have always been satifyed with everything I bought. This of course is most unsatifying and I want the watch replaced.
on 8 November 2010
This was the perfect birthday present for my wife. Elegent, yet understated, she finds that she is able to wear it for every event.