Top positive review
61 people found this helpful
Wonderful, once you know how....
on 5 January 2013
Things I love about this watch:
- It is beautiful, very contemporary, stylish and very feminine.
- It keeps excellent time.
- It's a little bit different.
- It is comfortable to wear, slimline and smooth.
- Everytime I look at it, I feel pleased that I bought it.
The things I was mildly miffed about:
- No instructions re clasp use or strap length adjustment come with this watch.
- Nothing abnormal detected so far, no slipping, loosening or falling off...this was something that concerned me about the watch prior to purchase, as it seemed to be the only major complaint about it, however, I think if you adjust the strap so it is a reasonably snug fit (not so it cuts off circulation of anything, just so it's not flopping about on your wrist)the clasp actually works very well and is a clever design. Personally, I like to wear watches so they stay in one spot, so this arrangement suits me fine.
It took me a while to work out how to adjust the length of the strap, but once you know how, it's no problem...So here's how:
- Lay the watch on the table, face up, with the clasp end in the open position, pointing away from you.
- You should see a small, rectangular hole situated on top of the sled mechanism (which acts as a jammer to stop the watch adjusting itself at random).
- Using a small enough implement, eg. small scissors, or a screw driver from a lense repair kit, gentley lever up the sled mechanism by inserting whatever you are using for the job, and gentely pushing downwards.
- There will be a small amount of resistence, but then it should pop up like a car bonnet and allow you to slide it into the prefered position. Once you've adjusted it, just push it back down firmly and it should lock back into place.
I love this watch, it is my first Skagen watch, and I am very impressed! Hope this reveiw has been useful!