5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, once you know how....
Things I love about this watch:
- It is beautiful, very contemporary, stylish and very feminine.
- It keeps excellent time.
- It's a little bit different.
- It is comfortable to wear, slimline and smooth.
- Everytime I look at it, I feel pleased that I bought it.

The things I was mildly miffed about:
- No instructions re clasp use...
Published 24 months ago by Abibaby

1.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but too expensive for replacement parts.
Published on 14 April 2010 by C. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, once you know how...., 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: Skagen Ladies Silver Dial Mesh Bracelet Watch - 358SSSD (Watch)
Things I love about this watch:
- It is beautiful, very contemporary, stylish and very feminine.
- It keeps excellent time.
- It's a little bit different.
- It is comfortable to wear, slimline and smooth.
- Everytime I look at it, I feel pleased that I bought it.

The things I was mildly miffed about:
- No instructions re clasp use or strap length adjustment come with this watch.

Clasp issues:
- Nothing abnormal detected so far, no slipping, loosening or falling off...this was something that concerned me about the watch prior to purchase, as it seemed to be the only major complaint about it, however, I think if you adjust the strap so it is a reasonably snug fit (not so it cuts off circulation of anything, just so it's not flopping about on your wrist)the clasp actually works very well and is a clever design. Personally, I like to wear watches so they stay in one spot, so this arrangement suits me fine.

Strap adjustment:
It took me a while to work out how to adjust the length of the strap, but once you know how, it's no problem...So here's how:
- Lay the watch on the table, face up, with the clasp end in the open position, pointing away from you.
- You should see a small, rectangular hole situated on top of the sled mechanism (which acts as a jammer to stop the watch adjusting itself at random).
- Using a small enough implement, eg. small scissors, or a screw driver from a lense repair kit, gentley lever up the sled mechanism by inserting whatever you are using for the job, and gentely pushing downwards.
- There will be a small amount of resistence, but then it should pop up like a car bonnet and allow you to slide it into the prefered position. Once you've adjusted it, just push it back down firmly and it should lock back into place.

I love this watch, it is my first Skagen watch, and I am very impressed! Hope this reveiw has been useful!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 19 Dec 2011
Mrs. A. Hancock (Winchester, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this watch with some birthday money I had been given and I love it. On the website it looks as if the surround is dark but it is in fact the same silver colour as the rest of the watch, which was really what I wanted. The crystals sparkle, especially under halogen lamps, which makes the watch more special. I recently saw this watch in an airline duty free catalogue at the price of £99 so it's excellent value on Amazon. Adjusting the bracelet isn't difficult but you need a pair of pliers to really push the clasp down securely.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but too expensive for replacement parts., 14 April 2010
C. Smith "smithcat7" (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
From the moment I received this watch I absolutely loved it. It looks much more expensive than it is, and remains unscratched several years after I bought it. Without doubt it is the nicest watch I have owned in over 50 years. When I originally bought the watch I gave it 5 stars but I have now changed this to a 1 star review, and I have to say I would not buy a Skagen watch again.

I wear the watch every day and the clasp only seems to last about 18 months at most. After a while it gets very loose and does not 'click' firmly into place. It is only possible to buy a replacement from Skagen and that costs about £25. So the second time it went I took the watch to an old-fashioned independent jeweller in London who does repairs on the premises. He only charged £2 to bend the fastening back into place.

The second thing that has really annoyed me is the problem with replacement batteries. I asked my husband to take it to a jewellers in Manchester. He tried 5 different jewellers. Most wanted to send it back to Skagen rather than replace the battery but my husband was told it would take 6 weeks for Skagen to return it. Eventually he found a jeweller who would replace it for £25! Apparently the problem is that it needs to be re-sealed each time.

This is just too much hassle for a relatively cheap watch. It means every year or so you could spend £25 to replace the clasp or the battery.

1.0 out of 5 stars does not work after only 1 and a half year of use, 29 July 2013
The watch has stopped working after only one and a half year of use. I thought it had something wrong with the battery but even on replacing the battery the watch randomly stops.
Not what you expect from a watch that has a retail price of around £100 in shops.

5.0 out of 5 stars elegant watch....the wife loved it!, 25 Oct 2010
I have been looking at a good quality dress watch to give my wife as a 'surprise me' gift. Given my limited budget (should not be over £100), it was not the easiest job.

When I first saw a Skagen watch on the Amazon site, I was really amazed at how sleek-looking it was. With the price tag to match, this was the perfect fit for what I was looking for.

The product arrived well packed and secured. I got it gift-wrapped by Amazon with my message on the card. This is my first time buying something with the gift-wrap option and it was quite fun (and really convenient). The gift-wrapping was not the best but still looks better than what I could possibly come up with. The message was written well although it would have been better if I could select the font style (yeah I'm asking too much now).

My wife loved it! it was indeed very sleek and looks much more expensive than it's actual price. She can't even guess how much it is. Perhaps the only thing about it that would give away the price is the Skagen box. Although the design and colour are tasteful, being a cardboard box does not really scream expensive.

She liked the balance of the white face with the steel strap and the stones on the dial. Also, when in a very dim room with the tiniest of light source, the stones on the dial are easy to read. The size looks good on her too (she has small wrists).

Personally, I liked the style so much that I purchased a titanium gents Skagen watch for myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grateful gift, 12 Jan 2012
This watch looks really nice in reality. I've given it as a present with a big success.
What is a little bit odd to me is the inscription on the back of Skagen Denmark watch saying "Made in China with slim Swiss components" . But this is how the world is these days.

5.0 out of 5 stars super product, 27 Sep 2011
This is already the 3rd Skagen watch I bought. one for myself, one for my husband and one as a present for an aunt. All watches were of very good quality and look superb. We often get asked about the watches because they look extremely good and a lot more expensive than they really are. Can thoroughly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Birthday Present, 8 Nov 2010
This was the perfect birthday present for my wife. Elegent, yet understated, she finds that she is able to wear it for every event.

4.0 out of 5 stars Skagen Watch, 19 Dec 2013
Lovely watch and sits well on the wrist. Delivery was on time. The watch face is easy to read. Also it doesn't catch on sleeves etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars classy, 20 May 2013
Bought this as a gift and was very jealous it wasn't for myself. Nice dressy watch and very good value.