5.0 out of 5 stars Alison Glodfrapp in Gothic Popstress Vamp Shock!!!, 10 Nov 2003
This review is from: Twist [CD 1] (Audio CD)
Goldfrapp have truly excelled themselves, with this, the catchiest song from their acclaimed album, Black Cherry. This song encompasses everything Goldfrapp have become. It is as if the teenager of Felt Mountain has discovered sex and likes it. A lot. With lyrics like: 'Put your dirty angel face, between my legs and knicker lace', tempting us with breathy vocals and moans, you can't help but be drawn in by Alison Goldfrapp's charms.
The B-side, Yes Sir, a live favourite, where she messes around with a theramin as if it is a male member, is a cover which has been morphed into a charged electronic work suggesting a darker, dominatrix... With its continuous persistent drum beat, it builds and builds gradually, exploding at the end like, well, I'll leave that for you to work out
And of course there is the lovely deer stop, recorded live, just to remind you of Goldfrapp's origins, and the beautiful chanteuse Goldfrapp truly is. The true complexity of her voice is sadly lacking on the newer tracks, but we know the beast is still there lurking underneath it all.
So as Goldfrapp plead: 'Ride me, try me, kiss me like you like me, twist it around again and again.' I think you'll like this. A lot.....

4.0 out of 5 stars A new Goldfrapp fan, 27 Dec 2004
This review is from: Twist [CD 1] (Audio CD)
I just adore 'Lovely Head' by Goldfrapp, it is one of my all-time favourite tracks. So I was really pleased when I found out they were supporting Duran Duran on some of their 2004 dates. As a warm-up act they were excellent. One track that particularly caught my attention was their hard, electro version of Yes Sir I Can Boogie (a childhood favourite from the 70's). Well re-imagined and with a drive and a menace to it that I like. This track was not on the Black Cherry album, hence purchasing the single. But worth the extra expense..

Twist [CD 1]
Twist [CD 1] by Goldfrapp (Audio CD - 2003)