5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous
This review is for the Blu-ray. It's hard to say anything about this film that hasn't been said before. A gripping tale of humanity, hope and ultimately redemption in the most unlikely of circumstances. Well into my top dozen or so films- I must admit to being a sucker for happy endings! Suffice to say that if you haven't seen it then you need to. Morgan Freeman was...
Published on 6 Mar 2010 by Mr. James West

3.0 out of 5 stars same old....
thank goodness I rented this blueray, the transfer is no different to the dvd I already own. save your pennies and give this blueray a miss.
Published on 8 Oct 2011 by smcil1

‹ Previous | 141 42 4347 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star film, 2 April 2013
P. M. Baker "P.M.baker" (GLASGOW) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shawshank Redemption [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
Shawshank Redemption is one of the films you never tire of watching from Stephen King's short stories to the magnificent film that it is shawshank redemption is class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Film - One of my favourites, 14 Mar 2013
A brilliant classic film, with a compelling story beautifully told. One of my favourites (alongside Godfathers and French Connection) just had to have it in BluRay

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film but ...., 26 Oct 2012
Paul Whelan "P-Dog" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
... why is Tim Robbins purple on the cover? What exactly was in that sewer that he had to crawl through?

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily one of the best films.....Ever, 26 Sep 2012
Never saw this until it was on TV one night. So I watched it, and had to get the blu-ray. One of my favourite films and at the time the price was a bargain

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly decent film albiet.with faith affectatons., 29 July 2012
This review is from: The Shawshank Redemption [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
I could have done without the rape stuff. Freeman steals the show. I liked the unwinding thriller plot with warden - worth picking up for a couple of dollars.

5.0 out of 5 stars shawshank redemption, 21 April 2012
Lesley Juden (Essex) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my Grandson as he had seen it on tv and wanted to own it. One of the best films ever made.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only buy ONE older movie - make it this one..., 3 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Shawshank Redemption [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
If you are looking for something different to watch and dont wish to spend a lot of money - go for this older movie!! It is well worth owning and watching time and again as every time we watch it we see something we missed the time before
This is a film I think everyone should take time to view! Its BRILLIANT

5.0 out of 5 stars shawshank, 3 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Shawshank Redemption [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
this is the best family filim i have seen in a long while my teenage boys aged 14,15,18.were quite and watched the whole movie good story captures you from the start and you feel for the caractures

5.0 out of 5 stars the best film ever made, 10 May 2011
P. A. Staples - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shawshank Redemption [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
i dont watch alot of TV or films but this is somrthing special. this will be the third copy of this film i have owned as the others have worn out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable, 14 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Shawshank Redemption [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
I saw this movie at the cinema in my first year at university when I had the time to watch so many films. I had no particular expectation of this one although I knew it had attracted a plethora of Oscar nominations. It took a lot to impress a group of cynical students - but my word did this leave an impression.

If watching this inspiring, dramatic, twisting tale of hope, friendship, murder, corruption and self-sacrifice doesn't provoke an emotional reaction in you then you're basically dead inside.

A brilliant Stephen King novella, adapted with skill, dedication and a wonderful eye for detail by Frank Darabont, for me it's a perfect movie. I read the negative reviews here written by a handful of trolls and simply chuckle. Of course we can't all like the same things but if you've never watched this masterpiece of cinema, surely the high number of five star reviews tells you something?

It is a virtual crime that Forrest Gump stole all the Oscars that year. What more did Morgan Freeman have to do to win one? His performance here is breathtaking. Tim Robbins also gives an epic, career-defining performance. Yes the pace is slow. It is a film to be savoured. It's not "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles" FFS.

So many people seem to count this as their favourite movie of all time. I am one of them. Enrich your life: buy this DVD and watch it again and again.

‹ Previous | 141 42 4347 | Next ›

The Shawshank Redemption [DVD] [1995]
The Shawshank Redemption [DVD] [1995] by Frank Darabont (DVD - 2008)
4.00