5.0 out of 5 stars a must.
Published on 26 April 2008 by 80's guy!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars A weak and disappointing debut...
Quite a weak album for a debut. Many people I recall were disappointed at the time that it did not include their second single `Time - Clock Of The Heart' which was riding high in the charts at the same time of this release and it really needed that song...

Published 19 months ago by FAMOUS NAME

5.0 out of 5 stars a must., 26 April 2008
This review is from: Kissing To Be Clever (Audio CD)
From the first beat of White Boy, this remastered cd took me back to the good old days - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me? at No.1, something different, something refreshing - the headlines etc..Boy George had made it and he looked fab, sounded fab a must for anyone to check out!! This new revamped cd now includes Time, a No.3 follow up, and a few other old b sides and extras. I'm Afraid Of Me should have been rereleased and the USA Top 5 hit I'll Tumble 4 Ya should have had a release here at home. It is a mighty fine debut, and set the wheels in motion for their multi-million selling Colour By Numbers, not too mention opening the doors for fellow make up wearers as the under rated Marilyn, Steve Strange (solo), and the fab Dead or Alive, but lets face it men in music and men in make up - their is nothing compared to Boy George, he is genius. Top Marks.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS is the best of Culture Club! Forget about others for now!, 6 Oct. 2012
Marco Rossini "Marco" (England, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Kissing To Be Clever (Audio CD)
I don't normally give five stars with my reviews, but I will for this one. This is the very first album (plus some new editions and re-mastered versions) of Culture Club, and although there were some hit songs after this album too, in my opinion this is the best album. So, as long as you have this one you won't need what is called the 'Best of' CDs. I bought the LP vinyl version of this when it first came out almost 30 years ago and I was a teenager, and what a sensation that was! They (Culture Club and the producer) must have had a full of new ideas, and we, young men, were all really surprised by them and enjoyed their music. ALL the songs are good in terms of the melodies, the beats, the slightly anti-social lyrics (in those days) and the groove - fantastic! If you think you're an 80s music fan, then this will be one of the 'must-have' CDs! If you lived through the 80s, just play this CD, and it will take you back to those magical days!

5.0 out of 5 stars Late 1982 Still sounds adventurous, 19 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Kissing To Be Clever (Audio CD)
This lp was released around november 1982.

It still feels fresh and sounds great to us, very. Colourful fashion oriented days in 82', and of course every where we look these days, loads of young'ns with spikey odd hairstyles just like in 83 83,
I love it, never went away for me, I've always carried that era with me , as it was, is.

A very interesting cd lp, a whole host of styles rythmns and melody's and lovely soulfull singing, its a 5 star'er for us we love it
And we Dance with this Still.

5.0 out of 5 stars "This Album Showed The World The Best Artist and Group", 22 Sept. 2000
Joseph J. Brigante "Joseph Brigante" (Norwalk, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kissing to Be Clever (Audio CD)
This is the album the song "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me" came from, and it is worth the price just for that song, really a million dollars it's worth. Not to mention the dance rockers that are worth a million dollars as well. "White Boy" is very enertaining, with Boy George rapping at the end. He can to that better than anyone else I heard. "You Know I'm Not Crazy" rocks, and you can never get tired of it. Boy, Boy (I'm the Boy) is brilliant, and it is true, George is the Boy. A real classic is "White Boys Can't Control It". It is so bad, it is good. With his soulful voice, not only did this album show that the best artist hit the scene in the world, but so did the best group. All the rhythms and beats on all of the songs, including "Love Twist", are impossible to ignore. They can tingle your skin as well. A brilliant masterpiece from a new group. Remember, "He's the Boy, He's the Boy! "

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Aug. 2014
Michelle Kimani "MishMash" (Worcestershire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kissing to Be Clever (Audio CD)
Brilliant album, takes me back

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 April 2015
GREAT. OH YES.

2.0 out of 5 stars A weak and disappointing debut..., 25 Nov. 2013
FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Kissing To Be Clever (Audio CD)

Side one of the original album is VERY weak indeed with about only one reasonable track - side two fairs much better, but of course this includes the number one `Do You Really Want To Hurt Me' to help it along. Of course we all know that the greatest `Culture' album was sandwiched between two poor efforts.(the other being 'Waking Up With The House On Fire) `Colour By Numbers'. (see my Review for those subsequent albums)

Strongest songs on an otherwise VERY weak album are; 2, 6, 8, & 9

Kissing To Be Clever
Kissing To Be Clever by Culture Club (Audio CD - 2003)