Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 14 December 2003
With the UK and US release dates of this film being so far apart I thought I would give this soundtrack a listen while I was waiting. The blend of R 'n' B, Hip Hop and Gospel is absolutely amazing and refreshing to hear.
There's a lot of famous names on this soundtrack. A highlight had to be Beyoncé's rendition of 'Fever'. The bass hook of this classic song is as wicked as ever and was nice to see Beyoncé adding her own thing to the song.
It was really nice to see a few original compositions on here too, obviously songs written for the film I guess. If you liked the kind of music from Sister Act 2 or are amazed by the voice of Beyoncé, I think this soundtrack could be for you!
on 11 September 2003
If you can't get enough of Beyonce, and let's face it who can, then this soundtrack to the new film starring the Princess of R 'n' B along with Cuba Gooding, is well worth getting hold of. But there's a hell of a lot more here than Miss Knowles to get your teeth into and you certainly won't need to see the film to enjoy the lively and engaging mix of soul, R'n'B, hip-hop and gospel on offer.
Beyonce is joined on the title track in funky style by Missy Elliot et al, and it is a fine launch into an accomplished set of tracks overseen by Minneapolis legends Jam and Lewis.
There are also contributions from Nu Soul Queen Angie Stone (also in the film), who teams up with Beyonce and soul veterans the O' Jays and Melba Moore, all in magnificent voice.
For those who dig a bit of disco, the brilliant Faith Evans injects a whole lot of gospel passion into her version of the Donna Summer classic "Heaven Knows" and it frankly left me breathless.
Finally, gospel idols Shirley Caesar and Ann Nesby sing their hearts out, Beyonce's little sis Solange makes an appearance, Beyonce duets with maverick soulster Bilal and even P Diddy helps out on the scorching closing track "Summertime".
If you like a bit of variety, soul and maturity running through your urban music, I'd wholeheartedly recommend this collection.
on 22 September 2003
RnB Soundtracks are usually a hit and miss affair- this one has instant appeal. The Beyonce tracks are good but she is surpassed by Angie Stone and the amazing disco tinged "Heaven Knows" by Faith Evans. If you liked "Shackles"by Mary Mary, than this is the album for you. Its gospel with a contemporary feel. In summary its an album that makes you smile.Which is rare!
on 24 July 2008
Let's face it: the music in the film is brilliant, but this isn't the same music. Some idiot has has messed around with it and made it into some hip-hop/rapping rubbish. It's lost almost all what made it so good in the film. Consequently there's a lot of upset people out there who have found that the music on the audio CD bears little resemblance to the music in the film. Far better to make your own recording from the DVD; the two excellent songs are "Rain on me" and "He still loves me."
on 5 October 2010
This film shows how not everyone who goes to church has the love of God in their hearts.
I love the song "He still loves me", this song speak about God's love to the guys in prison, that is why I believe that they won. Everyone wants to know that no matter where they are that God loves them.

God's love casts out all fear and covers a multitude of sin.
on 26 April 2013
I love this film so much I had to get the Soundtrack too. Even if you're not super religious (which I am not) the music is so uplifting and with the likes of Angie Stone, Beyonce and Montel Jordan, how could it be bad?!? Beautiful voices, beautiful music...all good!!
on 25 July 2015
Disappointing in that it claims to the motion picture soundtrack but it is not. Yes most of the songs are there but they're not as per the movie or in the movie sequence.
on 20 February 2012
Delivery was quick and the item received was what I hoped for. I loved the film, and am now enjoying listening to the soundtrack with my kids.
on 17 October 2011
BRILLIAN CD/EXCELLENT PRICE DELIVERY WAS OK CONSIDERING IT WAS FREE WOULD BUY AGAIN FOR SURE AND WOULD RECOMMEND THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
on 29 March 2004
I was severly dissapointed with this album. I loved the movie for it's great blues/gospel music, but this album seems to move away from that style of music as much as possible!
It's 75% pop/rap kinda music (and let me just state I hate that junk...I'm into real singers, not "stars") starting with "Fighting Temptation" by Missy Elliot et al which is just a disco song that really detracts from any mood you're looking to achive by listening to a gospel or blues album. Then you've got "I Know" by Destiny's Child which is just typical of the band.
Things start looking up with track #3 with "Rain Down" which I'm pretty sure was the finale song they played at the competition in the film. The mixing on this track bugs me, but thats a minor thing about a good (not great) song.
Unfortunantly for Track #4 we move to gospel-rap (who'd ever think those two genres could ever come together!) by T-Bone et al and although it was an okay moment in the film, this track is way to dull and long to listen to. Again, it's too fast comapred to Track #3 stuffing up the flow of the listening experience.
Now...Tracks #5 and #6 we're back to gospel with "I'm Getting Ready" and "The Stone". These two are typical gospel tracks which are satisfactory.
Track #7 is terrible as far as I'm concerned! Faith Evens has a gorgeous voice at the beginning of the song, but then next thing you know this ridiculously annoying disco beat comes in and ruins it all. Great voice, bad bad bad producing!
Track #8 is "Fever" and it is the HOTTEST song on the album by far. Classic song, simple execution, and a great voice! I wish Beyonce would do more blues!!!!
Track #9, "Everyting I Do" is a dull duo worth of a Destiny's Child album.
Track #10 is my 2nd favourite song and is The O'Jays (the barber's from the film) singing "Loves me like the rock" in a great blend of blues and barbershop-quartet styles! Simple and pure gold!
Track #11 is "Swing Low Sweet Chariot" which is okay but I dont get much feeling thru this recording. I wonder if it was the playback they had on the film actually since I liked it better in the film.
Track #12 is "He Still Loves Me" and is nice because it brings one of the O'Jays together with Beyonce to make a nice harmony of voices in this beautiful gospel song.
Track #13 is gospel-rap again...*sigh* Dull!
Track #14 over-produced rap (with a dash of indian) junk they play during credits!
Track #15 P.Diddy and Beyonce....by this stage I am so dissapointed I turn it off in 5 seconds.
Now...after all that, I recommend something like the BLIND BOYS OF ALABAMA who sung their great song "Soldier" in the film - or just buy the great film instead.