5.0 out of 5 stars This make serious coffee
On returning from holiday skiing in Italy having enjoyed great Italian espresso, latte and cappuccinos, my wife bought me this Gaggia for my birthday. Incredibly generous of her, I had always lusted after a Gaggia.
I was 100% right to.
My wife had done plenty of research into which Gaggia to get me, and the Gaggia Classic seemed to consistently raved about. Now...
Published on 12 Mar 2006 by Getty

3.0 out of 5 stars capable machine.
I've been using a gaggia classic daily for about 6 months. Compared to the price of other espresso makers on the market you are getting a very capable machine for the money. Using fresh roasted and ground beans you can get a strong espresso with good crema every time. The point where the more expensive heat-exchanger and double-boiler machines score over a single...
Published on 4 Oct 2006 by Dave daints

‹ Previous | 135 36 37 38 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Look for made in Germany / Switzerland but not Italy.., 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Gaggia Classic RI8161 Coffee Machine with Professional Filter Holder - Stainless Steel Body (Kitchen & Home)
I have had many machines over the years 2 La Pavoni 2 Gaggia etc etc. The only reliable machine I have had was a Jura ENA5 its great. ALL the Italian made machines did not last their warranty period and when repaired I would get another few months then another issue!
Dont know if its cheap parts or bad design or both.

3.0 out of 5 stars A few faults with Gaggia Classic, 23 Dec 2010
I did some research before buying this machine and this one came on top. It's a beautiful and sturdy machine, made of good quality, heavy materials. It makes excellent espresso. So far so good. I did find a few drawbacks though:

If you want it for cappuccino you might want to think twice. The steam nozzle came off about half the times I used it, creating a terrible mess. It doesn't seem to be able to cope with the pressure, no matter how well I screw it on. Also you can't make espresso and steam milk at the same time, which means that your espresso is getting cold while the machine is getting ready to do the steaming. (Takes about a minute.)

Another thing that is slighly annoying: you can't knock out the used coffee grind. The filter will come off when you knock it, and so will the the valve that sits at the bottom of the holder (that will then get lost in the coffee, I had to dig it out a couple of times...).

For such a famous and well regarded machine this really surprised me. Had I known I would probably have gone for a different machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is very good product. High quality piece of metal, 22 July 2014
wow! this is very good product. High quality piece of metal. Coffee from this machine has excellent taste. Highly recommended, must have for coffee lovers

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy, 27 July 2014
Broke in first week,sent back,replacement broke in first week again, gave up,dont buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous coffee maker., 5 Dec 2013
Purchased this model after careful consideration and much research of other purchasers views. All looks good - yet to try!

1.0 out of 5 stars Half the machine stopped working only after 2 months, 23 May 2013
Purchased this item 2 months ago worked fine and produced excellent coffee then suddenly stopped producing coffee and now only the steamer works, what a waste of 200 just for a steamer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please avoid...compete rubbish., 13 April 2013
Like so many others who have contributed one star reviews here my Gaggia too has gone into serious malfunction. I can live with the racket the machine makes and the tedious procedure of cleaning all those bits and pieces, the preparation routine etc knowing there is going to be a sterling cup of coffee as a result. Not any more. After a year of ownership, and modest usage, coffee now dribbles out at a pathetically slow rate...really slow, so much so that the crema is now more like fussy bubbles and the coffee temperature is on the cool side.

I bought the machine based on the top ratings it had received from numerous review sources and felt confident in doing so, I appreciate reliability issues are difficult if not impossible to expose in 'new' products but this machine carries the word 'Classic' in its title!

There is obviously something flakey about this model and Gaggia, I am sure, are well aware of this...recall, refund, repair...come on Gaggia do the decent thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 7 Feb 2013
Being a self confessed Coffee Monster, I was finding I was spending an absolute fortune in various coffee places... So after a long trawl through the internet, and reading many, many reviews on different coffee makers (I wonder if I could enter Mastermind as an expert on coffee makers now?), I opted to give the Gaggia Classic a go. After a couple of attempts, I found that the machine was very easy to use, easily cleaned, and made the perfect cup of coffee. You can use the pods or ground coffee in it, and using the milk frother, it makes fantastic hot chocolate too... I'm going to throw away my kettle. I would thoroughly recommend this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great machine but no room for a cup, 21 Jan 2012
This Gaggia makes a great coffee, but there is not enough room between the drip tray and the porter filter to get even a 2oz shot glass. Even if you do manage to squeeze it under you then loose all the crema having to pour it into another cup or coffee glass. Really bad design fault!

1.0 out of 5 stars Splatter, 29 Oct 2010
I ordered the Gaggia Classic and it was very quickly delivered in September 2010. I had ordered a coffee grinder at the same time but this item was out of stock and did not arrive until a month later. The Gaggia had stood shiny and proud during that time and after the arrival of the grinder I was quick to try it out. The coffee is excellent but the delivery is catastrophic. Coffee splatters out sideways and covers all within range so that there is a big clean up operation afetr each coffee.

I have thoroughly cleaned everything and read through the instruction booklet several times but can find no solution. I have noticed that a needle and a plastic insert for the delivery are shown in the booklet as optional extras but have since found a leaflet claiming these are now included...not in mine they're not!

It would seem a bit over the top to return the entire machine when it is the delivery end of things that is at fault. I have searched the Amazon website for clues as to who to contact to discuss this issue but so far no success. As and when I am able to resolve this I shall doubtless be better placed to assess the machine further.

‹ Previous | 135 36 37 38 | Next ›