5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive
I've been a skinflint for years, getting 50 hoovers, and scoffing at those that fork out 100+ for something with a fancy design.
Published on 20 July 2004 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Dyson - note for dog owners
Owners of Newfoundland dogs know the value of a Dyson. The ability to defluff the most stubborn carpet is tremendous, and the attachments mean that stairs are easy to clean as well.
Published on 19 Sep 2004 by The Happy Scribe

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive, 20 July 2004
This review is from: Dyson DC04 Silver Lime Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
Well after the semi-useless VAX drag around was relegated to the garage for car cleaning, and the Electrolux one really couldn't be excused any more, my wife finally persuaded me to get this DC04. Now, I'm not one to get excited over vaccuum cleaners as a rule, but the difference is amazing. Areas of the carpet that we thought were stained have now been restored to their original colour. Bits of fluff that had become part of the carpet pattern have been removed, and it's a total doddle to hoover up.
This is well worth the extra money. It makes you feel quite sick the amount of extra dust and fluff it picks up compared to previous hoovers - but at least you feel like now you're clean. And it's a breeze to do the stairs, because the handle detaches and becomes an extendable hose - which gets to the top of our 15 step stairs.
Get one, you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dyson DC04 - Amazing!, 15 Sep 2004
I ordered my Dyson DCO4 on Saturday from Amazon and received it Tuesday morning which was an excellent service.
I opened the box immediately. The instructions were simple and I put the Vacuum together in minutes.
I couldn't wait to use it. We have put off buying one for years, even through all my friends and family had recommended we get one.
We thought our vacuum worked OK.... what a fools we were!!!
I thought our carpets were spotless.... I was speechless at the amount of dust and 'invisible' cat hairs that it sucked up... I was so amazed I nearly rang my husband to come home from work and have a look!!!
I did try the attachments on the hose, they are a bit of a faff but worked fine.
I also agree with feedback that it is quite heavy compared to what I have been used to, but I was aware of that from friends comments and feedback on Amazon befire buying.
This was the best buy we have ever made, saving over 55 on anywhere else selling the DC04.....
I'm converted and fully recommend the Dyson DC04.. I will never go back to any other brand, it makes the chore of vacuuming almost enjoyable!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable Dyson, 3 July 2004
I had a DC01 for several years and was very happy with it until it finally had taken too much abuse and needed replacing. At the time I didn't want to spend a fortune on a new Dyson, so I opted for a Hoover model, which turned out to be a massive mistake. After six month's of nothing but trouble with it, I came across the DCO4 (which was 150 at the time). It's been a huge relief to have a reliable vacuum cleaner again, with great suction. Had it about nine months now with no problems. The other great thing about Dyson, which I discovered with the DC01 is that they have fantastic customer support. If you do have any problems, the phone number is actually on the vacuum cleaner and you get prompt helpful support. We had several spares sent out for the DC01 free of charge.
With the DC04 now even cheaper, it's an even better bargain. Get Dyson quality at less than the price of many other lower quality cleaners from other less reliable brands.

4.0 out of 5 stars great suction!!!!, 11 Aug 2004
By A Customer
We bought the Dyson after several of our friends had recommended it to us...not necessarily this model.
Plus we read the previous review. My own opinion of it is as follows...the suction really is amazing..what we thought was a well hoovered carpet must have been filthy if the amount of dirt in the vaccuum was anything to go by, which it is of course!!
My main thought though is that it's not a hoover for anyone elderley or disabled...the hoover as an upright is heavy to push but fairly manageable..when you use the hose and extension you need to have muscles like Popeye..it seems to pull back against you..I find it very difficult and I am no small or weak person!!
I would discourage anyone from buying it who intends to use the 'extension' part who haven't got the strength to be able to use it. I find it quite a chore...
the other thing is that it is quite cumbersome and we have small rooms its not ideal for getting round furniture and small'ish' spaces. Its ideal for large rooms I would imagine and I guess its so efficient in picking up even 'unseen' dirt that its easy to overlook this. we will be moving next year God willing so we look forward to using it in larger spaces.
Meantime I will manage with it (take more vitamins and iron tablets)although I am not too keen to use the nozzle to get round the edges because of all the energy that it takes out of me. I THINK its been worth the money!...it's certainly cheaper at Amazon than most electrical stores...50.00 in some cases....
one more thing...cosmetic...I was surprised at the tackiness of the plastic...the green bits...they look really cheap and plasticcy and lowered the look of the vacuum cleaner. Oh and it makes some heck of a noise.
Otherwise...well you know ..not 100% satisfied...but the suctions great.!!!!! Why ever did I buy it!!! the suction!

5.0 out of 5 stars More than, 20 Sep 2004
By A Customer
Our old Dyson a DC01 finally bit the dust after 8 years of almost constant use. Saw this one at a good price and went for it. This vacuum is unbelievable. Gave it a quick try out and could not believe how much dust and other dirt it brought to view. OK so the Dyson may be a bit noisier than other vacuums who cares because the quality of cleaning is amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent after care and amazing suction, 25 Aug 2004
By A Customer
The first thing I did when moving house in June was to buy a Dyson. We had to completely gut the house and redecorate it from scratch and the Dyson coped with plaster dust ingrained in floorboards, deep pile carpets and dirt and dust walked in through the house.
It in incredibly noisy, but it is a small price to pay for exceptional power.
I even enjoy vacuming now on a Saturday morning, as you can really see the results! Even better if you use some of the Zorb powder that Dyson sell.
Not only does it do exactly what it claims, but the aftercare is of the highest standard. In the process of using the Dyson while decorating I hoovered up a nail which put a hole in the hose. I called the Dyson helpline and they sent a new hose out straight away - under gurantee and no questions asked. Incredibly friendly staff and a great website which gives clear instructions on how to attach new parts.
I can't fault it and will reccommend it to everyone!

3.0 out of 5 stars Dyson - note for dog owners, 19 Sep 2004
However, when a Dyson stops working, it really stops working. No matter how many filter changes, pipe cleans and brush scrapes you give it, the thing will not suck as well as it used to.
I always go back to Dyson because it is the ONLY vacume I've ever found to work with animal fluff, but they don't last.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 2 Jun 2005
By A Customer
I had a DC01 which gave me over 8 years of faithful , and I thought , excellent daily service - I have never had to call the Helpline. Last week it gave up the ghost and so we replaced it with the DC04 which arrived this morning.
I gave the house a once over and I am amazed at the suction of the new machine - wow doesn't really do it justice. Now I see how ill my poor DC01 must have been for sometime , it really was time for a new one .
Here's hoping this one lasts as long ( mind you it was half the price I paid 8 years ago so that might be asking a bit much)

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of plaster dust, 22 July 2004
By A Customer
Plenty of excitement when first bought - unimaginable amounts of dust and dirt coming out of the landing carpet in particular. However, since clearing up plaster dust in the spare room the Dyson seems to have lost its desire to pick up even the most obvious fluff. General impression: wonderful at picking up unseen sand and dust from carpets, but don't expect it to pick up bits of paper or fluff, and don't ever hoover up plaster dust!

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting design, effective, but not especially well made, 5 July 2005
Actually I wouldn't rave about this machine. The design certainly is interesting, and the DC04 does do a good job, picking up all manner of dust and muck from carpeted floors and rugs, but I found it of limited use on any other surfaces (hard floors? forget it). Most importantly, the build quality is on the flimsy side. There are a lot of thin plastic parts waiting to break here. Personally I think these machines are made down to a tight price, and I doubt very much whether mine will last more than a couple of years of average weekly use. In fact, the hose has already developed a hole at its top mounting (obvious weak spot) after only 12 months service.
Not bad, but there are better machines around for similar or even less money. I would shop around.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›