on 12 March 2006
In my opinion this is the best Dyson there is. I've tried several others, the Animal DC14 included, but none of them compare to this overall.
The main advantage over the others is its weight - at only 6.9kg it is light enough to use on the stairs, and happily sits on each stair without looking like its going to fall down. It is also slim enough to vacuum under the bed without moving the bed, which the other Dysons are too bulky to do. The wand is easy to use and the brush bar easy to get at to clean.
Only downside is that the bin needs emptying slightly more often than the other Dysons because it is a much slimmer design.
So impressed with this one, I'm on my second (hint: don't let builders use your Dyson - Dysons do not like plaster dust!)
0Comment|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 May 2008
I have had my DC03 for about 8 years and it has merrily accepted everything that we have thrown at it, brick dust plastering residue and lots of animal hair and mud. the best vacume we have ever had, my Mum uses a later Dyson with the fatter body and larger motor which is far less powerful than this old thing. Easy to get parts for and we find many are available secondhand from our local electrical shop where he strips down dead dysons for spares. A good reliable workhorse which has covered its cost many times over. Great on carpets but no use at all on hard floors for those we use a cylinder dyson which must be about 10 years old and still going strong. Have found dysons to be reliable and very long lasting.
on 25 August 2009
I've had this hoover now for over 10 years. Its taken everything we have thrown at it. The best part about it for me is that its very slim, lightweight and lies completely flat, enabling me to hoover easily under the bed. Other hoovers are too fat to complete this task. I would like to upgrade this now to a newer model, but they don't seem to do one.
on 10 June 2016
This vacuum cleaner is brilliant and I wish I could buy another one the same but new as ours is getting old but I can't find anything to replace it. It is lightweight and fits in our cupoard. The new styles seem so heavy and large. Dyson please remake this model
on 7 January 2007
This is my first Dyson, I`ve had it for nearly 6 years, bought it because everybody raved about them. It cost £250 then. I bought this particular model as it is the lightest & if you have a bad back it was a lot easier to manoeuvre. I do like it however I find the suction on the hose not as powerful as my cheap Morphy Richards which will really suck the edges of your carpet. My Dyson has fallen over for the last time & I now need a new handle (£25)as it has broken. I only bought a new hose (£15)because that split about 6 monthes ago. So now debating whether it`s worth spending anymore on when you can buy a new Morphy Richards for less than £60. Just because you can see the dirt in a Dyson do you think it works better?
on 27 September 2013
a slight hiccup with delivery connected the supplier had a very quick response delivered in great condition and working a treat
on 28 May 2016
Very good service and product
on 27 September 2013
I finally received my Dyson two weeks late having had to chase it up. The courier company had damaged it and a replacement was then sorted out but only due to my chasing.
As expected of a Dyson it is great and well worth the money paid for a recon. However, one attachment is missing and another replacement nozzle does not fit as well as it could.
Overall worth it but a bit more attention to detail wouldn't go amiss.