Format: DVD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 September 2014
1973's 'Charlotte's Web' was wonderful, a great film with plenty of heart, and one of the few cartoon movies that moved me to tears when I was a nipper. Thirty years later it was given a direct-to-video sequel, and what a stinker it is. 'Wilber's Great Adventure' has none of the ingredients that made the first one so magical, and this is unfortunately so often the case when sequels are made so long after it's predecessor, Disney are often the worst offenders for this.

All the old gang are back, but with different personalities. Along with Wilber, now sporting sideburns and acting more like a wild animal (which yes, I know he is, but he was much more lovable and less one dimensional in the first) and Templeton the rat, there is also also a new character in the farmyard, a lamb called Cardigan (cute name), as well as Charlottes' three baby spiders that decided to stay with Wilber. I hated how the young girl Fern's character had changed beyond recognition, and the once kind, sweet natured girl who fought to save Wilber in the first, was now a much more self centred character whose only interest now is to a winning a state fair prize.

Here we have a charmless and pointless 'sequel' that was thrown together hastily to make a quick buck - shameless. Stick to the original folks, and pretend this never happened.
on 20 March 2014
The grandchildren loved it, I also loved it, I wasn't going to sit and watch it, but after watching a few minutes with them, I got hooked on it and watched it to the end, which was a bit sad. Great film though.
on 11 August 2014
Fantastic film, brought for my 3 year old sons birthday. He loves farm animals.. So this is perfect for him! Arrived super quick too..
Thanks
on 16 January 2013
This DVD was bought for my grandson and he loves it definitely recommend it I thought it was good too
on 18 August 2014
Delightful story, and very enjoyable. Suitable for all age groups. Well worth watching.
on 31 July 2014
very happy with whole transaction, would recommend
on 22 September 2015