Price:£154.99+ £3.89 shipping

on 16 June 2004
This unit promised us much but failed to deliver. Background: I am experienced with GPS systems & navigation software having 5 years experience with such systems.
The on/off button is a problem for me. It takes a 2 second touch to switch it on, but an immediate (light) touch to turn it off! Surely it should have an off delay to avoid turning the unit off accidentally whilst in use, like Garmins do?
We never got more than 2.5 - 3 hours battery life using 3 AAA batteries - not enough for long journeys.
I found the interface confusing to use.
It requires a non-standard "usb" cable if you want to connect it to a PC. It isn't included with the unit.
It is fairly slow/patchy at refreshing Bluetooth signals so that you will have e.g. missed a turning before the GPS updates to my Palm T3 PDA. My Garmin GPS12 + cable has no such problems when using the same Palm unit.
To top it off, we have had two of these units, one died with some strange problem (backlight on but no info on screen) and the other arrived DOA. Not very reasssuring.
Sadly, much as we wanted this to work as the idea is excellent, we decided this unit was too unreliable for us to use and have gone back to Garmin with a cable which is wired, but reliable!