1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliat., 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Best Of Altan - The Songs (Audio CD)
My wife is Irish. So? She has a passion for Irish folk music and plays the Celtic Harp like an angel. For all her 58 years she still has long curly locks the colour of maple leaves in the Fall (I`m from Quebec by the way) an elfin figure, the sexiest Galway accent you`ll ever hear, speaks Gaeilge (sic), has a sense of fun and mischief and can dance a step or to that would do credit to Riverdance. She is loving and romantic. We already have most of Altan`s CDs and a few years ago were fortunate enough to see them live. Mairead Ni Mhaonaigh`s vocals are superb, the instruments, perfect. We saw this and noticed that it had an awful lot of our favourite songs on it so purchased it. A brilliant selection whch includes "A pretty young girl" (which is my wife Catherine in song) and my wie`s favourite, "Beid aonach amarach" (The`s a fair tomorrow) which almost always gets her on her feet arms dow at her sides and jigging away like a happy water spirit! Personally I would have liked "Daily Growing from their "The Blue Idol" CD onit, but you can`t have everything! A great introduction to this brillint group, order it now!

The Best Of Altan - The Songs
The Best Of Altan - The Songs by Altan (Audio CD - 2003)