5.0 out of 5 stars R.I.P. Futurama
Criminally, this is the last ever Series of Futurama. Someone at Fox in the USA decided to cancel it. It seems bizarre that such an original, consistanly funny program is cancelled whereas the Simpsons, which lets be honest is not as good as it used to be, continues.
Published on 31 Oct 2003 by cheeseman24

3.0 out of 5 stars Mix up
I was pretty happy with it apart from the fact I got season 3 disc 4 instead of season 4 disc 3.I understand that this was probably just a mix up.
Published on 6 Mar 2012 by Niamh

5.0 out of 5 stars R.I.P. Futurama, 31 Oct 2003
This review is from: Futurama - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
But anyway, this is the best series of Futurama featuring some utterly classic episodes, such as "Where no fan has gone before" which features almost the entire cast of Star Trek the Oringinal Series. Other episodes include Fry & Leela getting Superpowers, Kif getting pregnant by Leela(!) and Bender being converted to a wooden Steam powered model by a group of outdated Robots.
Buy it. Love it. Write to Fox & tell them off for cancelling the best thing on TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars I hope Season 5 (in 2008!) lives up to this., 27 Aug 2006
This review is from: Futurama - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
They stopped at the fourth series just as it was beginning to get interesting. Like a lot of people I came to Futurama properly via DVD having only ever seen a few episodes and regarding it as the Simpsons'lesser siblings. That's my loss and I deserve all the raspberries from Futurama fans I get for ever thinking that. Nothing else to say but everything about this show is great.

Oh, and a hint: The last few minutes of Jurassic Bark are up there with the greatest ever committed to film or video. But have several tissues ready and prepare to weep buckets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Futurama is the best thing that happened to TV, 20 Oct 2003
This review is from: Futurama - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Words alone cannot describe my liking of Futurama. But I'll try. Well, it's the best cartoon and in fact the best TV show I've ever seen, both the jokes and Matt Groening's drawing style and 3D animations are great. Simply great. I already have the first three seasons on DVD, and I will certainly complete my collection with this set. I hate that Futurama got canceled with all my spirit.
I'm afraid I've only seen a few episodes from season 4, because here they only air in german. I hate the german translations, they're lame. But I'm sure they're up to Futurama's standards, and those are high, oh my yes. I read some graphic guides, and the jokes listed there were awesome. Every single episode I've seen so far had me laughing on the floor. It's only too bad that this will be the last we see of Futurama on DVD...
Caution: product might and will cause histerical laughing fits. Watch over an extended period of time, not like I did (all in one night).

5.0 out of 5 stars Did everything just taste purple for a second...?, 10 Nov 2004
T. M. Nunley (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Futurama - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
It's such a shame Futurama was the shelved (shame on you, Fox!), but gratifying to see the cult status this under-rated show has achieved since it was first aired.
If you're in any doubt as to why it attracts legions of loyal fans, just watch season 4. This show, more even than The Simpsons, knows how to pack an emotional punch without resorting to soppiness, and whilst keeping the comedy sharp. My 35yr old boyfriend was actually quite distressed to find himself in tears at the end of 'Jurassic Bark' - along with everyone else I know who has ever watched this particular episode! It's worth buying the whole boxset just for this half-hour of wonderful writing.
Anyway, let's hope the rumours of a full-length movie are true. But in the meantime enjoy this - it's 30-odd quid well spent, as you'll watch it again and again. It just gets funnier everytime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Futurama - Unbeatable, 27 Nov 2003
This review is from: Futurama - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
If you like cartoons and are old enough to watch this buy it! if you like the simpsons or anything in a similar vein buy it! this is quite frankly one of the funniest shows of the past few years and in some ways is even more funny than the simpsons.
Poking fun at Sci-Fi is easy but futurama both pokes fun and appreciates it at the same time, i havnt even got to disc 3 and i already think this is the best series so far, and sadly it is since they decided to stop making it, quite frankly one of the funniest american shows with a cast of characters who are just as good as his royal higness Homer Simpson.
quite simply Brilliant and funny sit back turn your brain to 'off' and enjoy the comedy action and romance

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant!!!!!!!, 12 Dec 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Futurama - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
OK, need I say more? This show is absolutely brilliant! The writing is unbelievable, second to none. I watch these episodes over and over and over...and am never sick of them! I cannot believe FOX cancelled this show. Their network execs are idiots of the highest order. I would have liked to had 10 more seasons of this show. If you have never seen this show (crazy) order it now!!! And let me just say one more time...BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The fourth, last, and best season of Futurama, 3 Jan 2004
D. J. Parsons (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Futurama - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Yet another example of a TV show ahead of its time, alongside Family Guy and Farscape this is a show cancelled before it fully reached its potential.
This, the fourth and last season of Futurama, contains some of the funniest and, yes, moving episodes of its run. Highlights are "The Sting", in which Leela feels responsible for the death of Fry by a mutant bee - but is everything is as it seems?, "Jurassic Bark" - a jolly tale about Fry's beloved dog from before he was frozen in time, which has a surprisingly moving and upsetting ending, and, of course, the finale, "The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings". This episode contains everything that made this show great: laugh-out-loud humour, superb ideas, loving homages, great animation, a wonderful mix of characters we've all grown to love, and surprising heart-felt emotion without the overt sentimentality.
Futurama - we'll miss you. Here's hoping for a possible revival? After all, Farscape now has a planned mini-series ahead and Family Guy is heading for a brand new season on a new network by next year. If not, so long, it's been a blast...

4.0 out of 5 stars The best series, 27 Dec 2005
This review is from: Futurama - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Having seen the previous three series of Futurama, I thought that Season 2 was infact the best, season 3 seemed a little weaker, so I was slightly apprehensive when this season came out. But, being a die-hard Futurama fan, I had to buy it. And I LOVE it. Matt Groening has done it again with funny, unpredicatable episodes it has the type of edisodes you can watch again and again noticing new things each time.
The let down, however is that, as with the previous Futurama DVDs and Simpsons DVDs is that the Extras are useless and seem to have been bunged in last minute because its a DVD and therefore must have them

5.0 out of 5 stars good news everybody - Futurama season four is unmissable, 29 Jun 2005
This review is from: Futurama - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
I think I can say without question that Season Four contains the greatest Futurama episodes EVER. Even better than many classic Simpsons episodes. While Season Four unfortunately has two of the biggest duds - 'Crimes of the Hot' and 'Bender Should not be Allowed on T.V.', the other 16 more than make up for that with many of them rounding off the existing plotlines - Fry and Bender's friendship, Kiff and Amy's relationship, Leela's homeworld...
The extras are all good with loads of decent deleted scenes, some character artwork and trailers, all worth a look.
There are also some classic lines - Bender's comment on Star Trek - "another science fiction show cut down in its prime" and some good Ikea-type jokes to be enjoyed by anyone who has ever brought a flat pack - "All done, and only six pieces missing."
Highlights of the series are 'Leela's Homeworld' where Leela discovers who her real parents are, 'A Taste of Freedom' which is Zoidberg's ONLY starring episode, 'Jurassic Bark' which uses the same style of jumping back and forth between the 1990's and 3004 which 'Luck of the Fryish' used in Season Three and is even more of a weepy episode than that! There is also 'Teenage Mutant Leela's Hurdles' which is the greatest episode title I have ever read and is a pretty good episode (the crew all find themselves getting younger - check out 6 year old Fry... cuter than Nibbler anyday!)and 'The Sting' which is my favorate episode of all time (we find out what REALLY happend to the old Planet Express crews and a main character gets killed off, or is he...?)
Finally, missing out a few more excellent episodes, there is 'The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings' in which... well, I don't want to spoil it but it will not disappoint. Also, Dan 'Homer Simpson' Castellanata guest stars (who else could it be?) and although it does round things off neatly, Futurama is left open, just in case.
However, saying that, it might be better if it stays finished, to be remembered as one of the few American shows that didn't outstay its welcome.

5.0 out of 5 stars futurama - series 4, 11 Dec 2003
This review is from: Futurama - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
The best collection of the entire series, two episodes will stick out in memory; "jurassic bark" is a superb, emotional black episode, which left me screaming "WHY!" at the screen. And "3 hundred bad boys" is the most excellently interwoven story with some extra finesse that left me crying with laughter.
Miss this and you are a fool!

Futurama - Season 4 [DVD]
Futurama - Season 4 [DVD] by Billy West (DVD - 2004)