5.0 out of 5 stars A Red Hot 'Red Hot Chili Peppers' Album
What can I say? One of the greatest rock bands in the world collaborates their best songs on one album. It's got to be good!!
The album includes amazing songs from the albums "By The Way", "Californication", "Mother's Milk" and "Blood Sugar Sex Magik". It also has a song from the five year period in which their brilliant guitarist, John Frusciante, left the band and...
Published on 21 Feb 2005 by Stefan Hutchings

3.0 out of 5 stars what is going on?
I mean, I love the red hot chili peppers, they are one of the greatest bands of all time but this greatest hits is a bit disappointing. i mean, none of the songs on here are bad, but they could have made a 2CD greatest hits bringing the whole 20 years of great music together, [and yes I know *What Hits?* And the other greatest hits '84-'89 could be bought for that] but to...
Published on 29 Feb 2004 by Mr. G. Thomas

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Red hot chili peppers cd., 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits: Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Audio CD)
A trip down memory lane (although not too far back). It's one of those cd's that i always wanted - but somehow never got around to buying when it was released. So glad it was on here with Californication. If you love the 'Chili's' music this is a great choice. Buy it if you haven't got it in your collection, and if you haven't heard them before try this cd as a starter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Red Hot Chili Peppers - Greatest Hits, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits: Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Audio CD)
If you're looking for an amazing selection of Chili Pepper's tracks, this CD is for you. Iconic tracks (Under the Bridge, Breaking the Girl), some awesome older material (Higher Ground, Soul to Squeeze) and the best of the more recent 90's tracks which most people will remember. Also two astounding tracks I'd never heard before I bought this CD (Fortune Faded, Save the Population) and I'm a huge fan - well worth buying!

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits: Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Audio CD)
Disc read errors on the last track when played on several players. No signs of physical damage so must be faulty production. Can't be bothered sending it back though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to the band, 3 Sep 2012
ReviewBlog51 (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Greatest Hits: Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Audio CD)
I've always been a fan of the music of The Red Hot Chili Peppers but was only familiar with a few of their songs. I decided to buy this greatest hits CD and have since built a collection of their studio albums around it. This album contains all of the obvious tracks that you'd expect, all in one place. Giving the quality of the music on this compilation, it would always merit a five star review from me. Brilliant songs and an album you'll listen to over and over again. I would recommend that you still do go for their studio albums (in particular, their masterpiece 'Californication') but if you are looking for a album consisting of their hits, this is a very strong introduction to the band.

1.0 out of 5 stars Red Hot Chill Peppers, 20 Aug 2012
This review is from: Greatest Hits: Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Audio CD)
ALBUM HAD CRACKLING NOISES - VERY DISAPOINTED! POOR, POOR QUALITY. OTHER 2 ALBUMS TURNED UP AND WERE FINE, BUT THIS WAS INFURIATING! PROBABLY COST MORE TO SEND BACK!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good album, 30 Sep 2008
This review is from: Greatest Hits: Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Audio CD)
As this is a greatest hits album I knew what I was getting before I bought it so obviously there was no disappointment there. The songs that are on it are great, some of my favourites.
But personally there are so many more songs that I would have liked to be on there. I don't know if the answer is a double album or replacing some of the songs on this album.
It's still a good album though.

3.0 out of 5 stars th eold days, 29 Jun 2005
This review is from: Greatest Hits: Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Audio CD)
In light of recent success (which is undoubtedly deserved), it seems that we have forgotten where they originaly came from and what they were about. Current day Red Hot Chili PEpper music is accessable to everyone, whatever your prefered genre. Yet, if one obsereved their roots, the Red Hot Chili Peppers were a more specialised band and it took a certain amount devosion to rebelion to appreciate their earlier period, and that we when they made their best music.
I completely agree that their recent stuff is brilliant, but we have forgotten, esspecially in this current, suposed "Greatest Hits" album that they made really good classic stuff. I talk about "Fight Like A Brave", "Backwoods", "Good Tiem Boys" "Hollywood" and many, many others.
Yet not only have they missed out those old classics, they seemed to have completely forgotten about modern hits such as "Can't Stop" and "Around the World", and what ever happened to "Aeroplane"?
I give this album three starts because they have remembered to put in some brilliant songs and because the Red Hot Chili Peppers are brilliant, but this album just doesn't deserve any more than that. I would not recomend buying this album if you are new to the RHCP's. I would advise Blood Sex Sugar Magic or Californication or their debu album Red Hot Chili Peppers

4.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Hits? Greatest Sample!, 30 Dec 2003
Sheepy (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits: Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Audio CD)
I'm almost lost for words with this album. The title Greatest Hits is almost an untruth on the grounds that there should be many many more tracks on here.
I can only think that at some date in the future, an album to truely deserve the title "Greatest Hits" will be released, in the meantime, surely this should be titled "Greatest Sample", because that's what it is - no more and no less a sample of the quality this band has produced.
Fans will simply buy the "proper" albums, others will listen to this and reflect "If only I'd bought the other albums".
It's a disappointment, but I'm still giving this 4 stars, because what's there is still class.

5.0 out of 5 stars a nice little collection, 18 Nov 2003
This review is from: Greatest Hits: Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Audio CD)
this is a great collection of some of their songs....again as some other reviewers said some really great songs were missed out......but i am really excited about fortune faded....i love that song.....cant wait for their next album.....i also think that they should do a b sides album....they have had some good b sides which you never hear again......so they still get 5 stars because its still full of great songs......keep up the good work boys!!......p.s.....how come anthony didnt have anything to say in the CD booklet like the other band members...???

4.0 out of 5 stars Funky Monks, 17 Nov 2003
This review is from: Greatest Hits: Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Audio CD)
I have been a fan of the peppers since around the time of the release of Mother's Milk, and immediately connected with their funk philosophy. I rushed out to buy their previous three albums and loved them all.
I have to say that I have never been disappointed with a Chili Peppers album - they have been with me through some of my best times and worst times in the last 15 years and I feel I have grown with them.
As the band has matured, they have lost that raw funkiness that I connected with in the beginning but they did still manage to make superb albums. Every single one of them.
The thing with this Greatest Hits album is that it contains none of the tracks that would convert a fair weather fan into an ardent fan - after all isn't this who this album is for? I assume that people that purchase Greatest Hits albums are those people that liked a couple of singles and want to explore further.
If you want to explore the Chilis more, avoid this album! Buy BloodSugarSexMagik instead. The tracks that are missing are startling and those on here are only very good - not outstanding!!
You won't be disappointed with this album, you just won't get a true insight into what this band really is capable of...
As far as my own feelings of this album are concerned - I think it is synical commercialism gone mad. Why should I buy an album for one track (I buy all albums and singles)???

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

Greatest Hits: Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Greatest Hits: Red Hot Chilli Peppers by Red Hot Chili Peppers (Audio CD - 2003)