5.0 out of 5 stars A great workout
Published on 9 Jun 2006 by Nicola Barnes

3.0 out of 5 stars pre natal yoga
Ok. A reasonable dvd which gives options for all 3 trimesters. Lacks any real challenge or variety in poses. For a beginner it would probably be fine and for the price a worthwhile purchase. For those experienced in yoga maybe a little disappointing
Published on 5 April 2009 by T. Barker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A great workout, 9 Jun 2006
This review is from: PRENATAL YOGA (DVD)
Before becoming pregnant I regularly attended a dynamic yoga class which was hard but very rewarding. Once I became pregnant I found noone would let me go to their class anymore! I desperately wanted to carry on my yoga, continuing with an adapted but similar workout intensity. Looking in the internet most of the prenatal yoga videos seemed to be focussing on stretching and relaxation, which was not what I wanted, so I was pleased to find this video, which is excellent! It has everything I wanted, the security of knowing you are doing no harm as you follow someone in the video appropriate to your trimester, yet a good workout and a feeling of really getting something out of it afterwards. Plus the all important relaxation! Fair enough it is less intense than my pre-pregnancy classes, but you need that as your body changes anyway. An excellent buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well put together but just a bit too short, 2 Nov 2006
L. Hogan (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PRENATAL YOGA (DVD)
Ive really been enjoying the routine in this DVD. Its well put together and the order of poses is logical and easy to follow. There are two students, one in trimester 2 and one in trimester 3, as well as Shiva Rea, so no matter what stage of your pregnancy you are at you can do the routine. Ive been doing it about three times a week now since I found out I was pregnant, and I really feel my legs getting stronger and my flexability increasing (although that may just be the hormones!) I would definetly reccomend this DVD if you have done some yoga before. If you havent it might be best to go to a few classes first, so you get an idea of how the poses are supposed to feel so you dont over do things. I give four stars because it's just a little too short. This does make it easy to fit the routine into your day and if you feel you need a bit more you can always repeat one of the sections, which is what I tend to do. I would also like to have seen a section on how to use yoga and breathing through labour.

Im glad I bought it and will be using this routine throught my pregnancy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners, 17 Oct 2006
Mrs. S. C. Matthews "SuzieM" (Notts, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PRENATAL YOGA (DVD)
Having never in my life done any yoga before, I am finding this DVD a great introduction to the subject at a time when I am restricted in the types of exercise I can do. 50 mins for me means I can realistically use this DVD 2-3 times a week, and the different levels suggested for the different trimesters have been really helpful (not on to the third trimester yet tho!). Every time I have used it I have improved my technique as I hear the many hints and tips given to maximise the exercises. It's not too twee and I find it a good way to loosen up joints currently at risk of seizing up as I've moved from an active job to a desk-bound one!

Like one of the other reviewers says, it would have been nice to include suggestions for labour and more relaxation / visualisation exercises, but overall I've found this an ideal start to the subject and a great way of trying to stay toned and prepare for baby number 2. Would happily pay to buy this DVD again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy for yoga lovers, 24 Nov 2006
This review is from: PRENATAL YOGA (DVD)
I bought this DVD along with a Pilates for Pregnancy DVD and this Yoga one is far superior to the Pilates one. The workout of 50 mins enables you to do it two or three times a week. It is really well presented and very easy to follow. Its good to see the adapted routine by each of the three women at various stages of pregnancy. I really love this DVD and try to do it as often as possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy, 29 Mar 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: PRENATAL YOGA (DVD)
This is a great 50 minute yoga workout which really makes you feel energised by the end. It is interesting enough to be enjoyed by those who have been doing yoga for a while but also gives other more gentle options if you are not so flexible or if you are further on in pregnancy. I really wanted a good workout not just a video which focussed on relaxing and I got both.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 12 Dec 2006
H. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PRENATAL YOGA (DVD)
This DVD actually does what it says on the packet-it goes through a neat and simple routine that stretches, strengthens and relaxes all the bits of you that need it in pregnancy. It also takes away aches and pains very effectively. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous video for yoga novices!, 22 July 2007
This review is from: PRENATAL YOGA (DVD)
I bought this DVD and a pilates one and this is far superior. I found it really easy to follow and liked the way it is broken down into 3 sections, so that when you're short on time you can do an abridged workout.
This is really good for relaxation and for relieving those pregnancy aches and pains. The soundtrack is also really soothing and I often fell asleep to the music at the end of the DVD.
The workout might be a bit limited for a seasoned yoga practitioner, but for a beginner like me who just wanted something to keep the joints supple and to strengthen the muscles needed for delivery, it was perfect. Regular practice of the breathing techniques was also a great help during the delivery of my daughter.
I would thoroughly recommend this DVD to any mum-to-be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 Dec 2006
X. Zhang "grass" (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PRENATAL YOGA (DVD)
Really easy to follow and feels relaxed afterward. Even if you don't have much time to do the whole thing everyday, you can do the 10min warm up in the morning before you go to work and that helps lifting your energy level already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Shiva!, 28 Nov 2007
A. Budd (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PRENATAL YOGA (DVD)
I can not reccommend this dvd highly enough. I absolutely loved doing this routine daily throughout my pregnancy, the routine is wonderful for body and mind and left me in great shape and well prepared for childbirth. The recovery after the birth was also quick and I was ready for more yoga two days later. The poses are gentle yet effective and there are three variations for each stage of your pregnancy. I felt that Shiva Rea has a deep understanding of pregnant woman and her instruction is nurturing and not irritating at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 July 2007
This review is from: PRENATAL YOGA (DVD)
Having never done yoga before I was a little cautious about getting this DVD. I have found it to be really helpful throughout my whole pregnancy, the poses are adapted for each trimester and all are well explained. I would highly recommend this DVD to anyone at any stage of their pregnancy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›