5.0 out of 5 stars Magical album
Published on 8 Oct 2004 by Mr R J Morris

3.0 out of 5 stars Gritty French accent
This is the my first Lara Fabian CD. Although her voice is wonderful I cannot get used to her very "gritty" French accent. Very "Quebec" accent as opposed to French. Reminds me of Celine Dion, not only of her accent, but also her voice. However, will probably try another CD before deciding whether she ranks among my favourites.
Published 21 months ago by marleneber

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical album, 8 Oct 2004
This review is from: En Toute Intimite (Audio CD)
Since I received this album I cannot stop playing it! Even though I do not speak French, all the songs are absolutely wonderful. Do I have a favourite track after all this listening? I cannot choose between "Tout" and "Bambina" but all the other tracks also hold my attention. On Lara's other albums there is often a striking resemblance with Celine Dion but this album sets her apart. This is a lady with a truly magical voice. Thank you Lara!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical Live ! Unplugged...., 20 Jan 2004
This review is from: En Toute Intimite (Audio CD)
What to say and where to start ?
Imagine a voice so pure, mixed with four cords and a piano... Lara Fabian is the voice, taking us to a very intimate live interpretation, smooth soft and unbeatable !
U know see her, but here's the live background :
Lara was wearing black silk clothes, candle lights on the piano...
Talking about the songs, Lara had chosen many classics or songs that have special impact for her such as Streisand's "Calling you" and her favorite song ever "Voir un ami pleurer" (To see a friend who s crying). "Addio del Passato" is an opera song bu Verdi, followed by a song that has nothing to do with Divas "Mistral Gagnant"... And so and so, I heard this album more than 100 times (I aint gonna say the number coz u wont beleive!)_ I bought it in October from France.
In the ending, Lara sings us a wonderful album song, made with wonderful acoustic guitar and her voice ....
I will let u discover the rest !

5.0 out of 5 stars Lara ,sur scene, 19 Jun 2005
This review is from: En Toute Intimite (Audio CD)
It doesn't happen very often, the last time is probably during the 70's when Kiss[Alive] and Cheap Trick [I want you to want me]broke into the main stream with a live recording demonstrating their live show based fan support and, up to then, missed talent.
Lara ,at Olympia,Paris,sur scene avec pianist and string Quartet,singing mainly her own songs,made people sit up and take notice and has been a big selling CD in France.[There is the DVD to go with this.].Lara has one of the best 'stage' voices around right now, and treads the boards on this Cd with total confidence ,it's that good you wonder why she wasn't a big star before.
Lara can also be found singing the beautiful theme song of Steven Spielberg's movie A.I which is where I discovered her,since then she has broken in France.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks Sochi., 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: En Toute Intimite (Audio CD)
Sublime! Introduced to this singer, via the extract used by a pair of ice skating dancers at the recent Winter Olympucs. Further research thru Amazon confirmed initial opinion this singer deserves wider coverage. This double CD showcases her talents - well worth the investment.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gritty French accent, 21 Dec 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 26 Nov 2010
This review is from: En Toute Intimite (Audio CD)
This is a fantastic album that I could listen to all the time.
This is a must for any Lara fans :)

4.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic live acoustic recording, 4 Sep 2009
Sandy (Brussels, Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: En Toute Intimite (Audio CD)
To be honest this is the first Lara Fabian's album I'm buying. She used to fall in the annoying 'screaming from the top of my lungs' trap in her first recordings. Her latest studio album "Nue" was already showing a step towards more sober interpretations. This live recording is a definitive proof she has matured. She does not feel the need to prove she can sing loud anymore, which permits her to use her (incredible!) technique at the best.
I first heard the guitar/voice delicate new version of "Bambina" on the radio and could not believe it was Lara. The tenderness and melancholy of the lyrics, dedicated to her granmother, are only enlighten by the new arrangements. The entire album follows the same path.

Lara brings new versions (supported by piano, acoustic guitar and strings) of her big hits: "J'y crois encore", "S'en aller", "Je t'aime", "Tout", and "Immortelle". Her beautiful duet with Maurane "Tu es mon autre" is also included. "Si tu m'aimes" and "Parce que tu pars" are presented in a medley.

She throws in a couple of covers. French classic hits: Aznavour "Comme ils disent", Brel "Voir un ami pleurer", Renaud "Mistral gagnant"; the famous "Caruso", Bagdad Café soundtrack "Calling you" and the wonderful medley of "Starmania" musical classics (Le monde est stone, la serveuse automate, les uns contre les autres).

She even sing an aria from La Traviata ("Addio del passato").

Lara proves here she is in full control of her art. She can sing as an opera diva, control her powerful vocals to smooth even the most irritating power ballads: what a difference between the screamed out original version of "Je t'aime" and it's much classier version here... She can play with her voice, permits herself humour. Without losing her powerful presence, Lara Fabian is gaining maturity and wisdom. Emotions are here much more important than performance.

En Toute Intimite
En Toute Intimite by Lara Fabian (Audio CD - 2003)