5.0 out of 5 stars Nickelback Are Back !
Nickelback are definetaly back with this raw,emotive,excellant rock album.
You will not be disappointed with this CD, it blows Silver Side Up away i think. This album is just amazing. Nickelback is back, they have probely produced one of the best albums of the year!
The song's to watch out for are "Someday","Throw Yourself Away",
"Do This Anymore" and...
Published on 4 Sep 2003 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars wot can i say
Ummmm not impressed bought this album with big hope. Shame i wasted my money. some people mite like it but after i had heard all the old nickelback songs it j didnt measure up. Some of the songs i found kinda disturbing but again sum might not mind them. no offence to the peeps who gave it a good revew but id keep 2 silverside down. okay i admit someday is a gud trak. all...
Published on 28 Jun 2004 by Here to stay,push your best

5.0 out of 5 stars Nickelback Are Back !, 4 Sep 2003
This review is from: The Long Road (Audio CD)
Nickelback are definetaly back with this raw,emotive,excellant rock album.
The song's to watch out for are "Someday","Throw Yourself Away",
"Do This Anymore" and "Feelin'g Way Too Damn Good". Nickelback's last single "How You Remind Me" was often know as a pop single, but this album is pure rock. This album is Nickelback at thier best and rock music at its best.
This album is easy to relate to because of the lyrics in the album. Chad sings about situation's that any person can relate to. The album is also easy to understand and has excellant guitar riffs.
The songs on The Long Road are adding to this amazing success story to date - From the infectiousness of the first single "Someday", to the dynamic "Feelin' Way Too Damn Good," to the striking chord progressions of "Do This Anymore" and the emotive lyrics of "Throw Yourself Away," the result is an album is bound to take Nickelback to new heights.
The Canadian rock band are bound to have a hit with this album and this album is better than Silver Side Up and The State by far.
This ablum is a must buy for any rock fans or Nickleback fans. The album brings a new side to Nickelback and all the hard work in the studio has paid off. With excellant guitar and emotive and loud lyrics this will definetly be a hit
This album has been a long time in the making but Nickelback are back and back with avengance! ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great album., 7 Oct 2003
Matt (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Long Road (Audio CD)
I first discovered Nickelback when they released Silver Side Up which, even after listening to The Long Road, is still my favourite album but this one is a close second.
You can see a definite pattern of growth in the bands music over the four albums and this is the next step. The lyrics are excellent again with Chad again giving more insight into his life and thoughts. The music also seems to be mellowing slightly (not that it's a bad thing, there's still plenty of head banging to be done!).
All in all it's a must for Nickelback fans because if you've liked everything they've done up to date, this album is not going to disappoint you. If you're new to the band, I'd still recommend it because the songs are great and I'm sure you'll want to hear more after listening to this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nickelback lovers will love this one, 31 Oct 2003
Darrell R. Young (Amarillo on the edge of the desert Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Long Road (Audio CD)
Much has been written about music under the pretense of a review, but ends up being a comparison to some other music legend.
I won't bother you with comparisons because I don't feel they're necessary. If you are a Nickelback fan, you'll love "The Long Road". Some of the things they do best are in this CD. Many of the lyrics are aggressive and likely won't be heard on the radio but that won't stop you from tapping your foot on the floor or playing your air guitar/drum all the more. I hear a blend of Nickelbacks third album (Silver Side Up) and their second CD, the State. Ryan Peake chimes in more on this CD than he has in the other ones, the riffs are hot and catchy. The lyrics are often raw and do speak of many current societal ills, but lyrics throughout the ages have often spoken of the times they were written in.
By the cd - you'll like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic follow up album from Nickelback!, 30 Sep 2003
This review is from: The Long Road (Audio CD)
This album is absolutely fantastic! The first album was so huge i wasnt sure what to expect this time around, but what i got was a more grown up and edgier album with the unmistakable vocals of Chad Kroeger!
Every single song on the album would be a worthy candidate for a single - there are no weak spots or album fillers! There are hard and fast metal songs next to mid tempo anthems, with the stand out songs being the massive single 'Someday', the heart breaking 'Feelin way too damn good' and the tongue in cheek 'Figured you out'. For every Nickelback fan this a must have, and for those who dont like Nickelback i would definitely reccommend this album - it might just change your mind!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, great, powerful, album of the century, 2 July 2004
J. Frith "Big Dave" (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Long Road (Audio CD)
Many people consider the song on this to be the same as the last album. I believe that not only are those people are diluded but they should actually listen to a piece of music before judging the band. For example, I know of 5 people who heard the curb, which in all fairness was rubbish and now they wont listen to Nickel back at all! Everytime there is a music video or and interveiw involving them, they switch it off having not even heard the song! Please keep an open mind! This album is awesome and the best I have heard in a long time. I have never skipped a track on this album before and dont think i ever will. Buy it, Enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Long Road, 27 Nov 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Long Road (Audio CD)
Nickelback have out done themselves again, giving us one of the best albums yet. There is Blues/Rock feel going right through the album, coming out in 'Feelin'Way Too Damn Good' and 'Someday'. Chad Kroeger's gravely vocals just add to the effect, as one of the most recognizable voices in music,with Ryan Peake hitting perfect harmonies. The Drums and bass cannot be faulted either. If there was one thing wrong with this album, it would the fact that can only hear the bass clearly for precious few moments, but when you can hear it, it is some of the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it now!!!!, 26 Nov 2003
Karen (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Long Road (Audio CD)
This album is brillant. I became a fan of Nickelback's after hearing how u remind and brought Silver side up because if it. I couldn't wait for some new material from the guys and I wasn't disppointed. This album is heavier in places than the previous one but if you enjoyed Silver side up, I'm sure you'll love this. The only track that I think doesn't really fit is See you after the show - this is high on cheese value but it does tend to grow on you after a while. On the whole a really good rock cd and well worth having!

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought, 20 Feb 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Long Road (Audio CD)
I wouldn't normally buy stuff like nickelback, but I'd heard a couple of songs on the radio so I gave it a go. It's actually a lot more metal than I expected - the amazon description of 'soft rock anthems' is pretty misleading. The songs are all well written and pretty rockin - you shouldn't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nickelback and rock at its absolute best!, 2 Oct 2003
This review is from: The Long Road (Audio CD)
After the last album, Silver Side Up, which, at best I listened to 3 songs, comes this: The Long Road, which completely wipes the floor with everything I've ever heard! From the opening "Flat On The Floor" to the closing song "See You At The Show" which I take as an open invitation, this album keeps kicking out great song after great song after great song! Add Chad Kroeger's lyrics to the fabulous music and you get such a good album, where I can bet you that listening to it will make you think at least once "been there". Some of my favourites are "Feelin' way too damn good" "Should've Listenend" "See You At The Show" and of course thier latest single "Someday". So to put it plainly, buy this album, you won't regret it! This basically puts all the other Nickelback albums to shame and shows us all what rock music is supposed to be!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure Nickelback, 22 Mar 2004
This review is from: The Long Road (Audio CD)
I first heard nickelback on a 4 hour drive up to Scotland, and there song "This is how you remind me" was played 6 times on the radio, Usually this would annoy me but I found the more I listened to the song the better it got, I was intrigued by the lyrics, this is the second album of theirs I have bought and I Love it, I'd only heard Someday from this album before I bought it, but I found the other tracks really easy to listen to, Nickelback have a unique style and all the songs reflect this but if you like a bit of variety from a band, then this C.D is not for you. My Fav Songs have got to be
1. Flat on the Floor
2. Do This Anymore
3. Someday
Someday made alot more sense if you watch the video for it, which did make me quite sad when I finally realised what was happening in it! watch it and you'll see what I mean.

The Long Road [Digipak - Bonus Track]
The Long Road [Digipak - Bonus Track] by Nickelback (Audio CD - 2003)