4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent story line, reccomended!
Published on 20 Feb 2004 by fazrie

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible
It is a terrible DVD and my students were totally disengaged. The editing is dreadful and it repeats itself over and over. Don't bother wasting any money on it. It talks about the eruption and explosion but it is poor in visual information.
Published 16 months ago by C Paglia

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent story line, reccomended!, 20 Feb 2004
This review is from: Lost Treasures Of The Ancient World: Pompeii [DVD] (DVD)
Unlike most documentaries that ive seen, this one incorporates historical facts on human civilisation, excellent CGI and 'numb' actors with great story telling to make me glued to my seat! The thing that really caught my eyes was the way the characters are built in and narrated into the story line - the journey of the main characters were examined pre, during and post the pompeii eruption and reincarnated in this wonderful history lesson. It explains how it happened, but not why... and that is a good ending for those who wants to think!!!! A must for historical buffs!

4.0 out of 5 stars much better than I expected, 8 Sep 2009
Lost Treasures Of The Ancient World - Pompeii [DVD]

The other reviewer and I clearly watched two different discs. I bought this one as part of the 8-disc box-set for a tenner, and I haven't watched the other 7 discs yet. Generally I find the History Channel stuff an acceptable minimum in quality for me (I'm a not-very-fussy Classics graduate), but Discovery Channel stuff is way below the level of the History Channel - hopeless! So what was I going to get? This Pompeii disc is pleasantly about the same level as the History Channel. None of it was new to me, but it's good for what it is. It's not a dramatic re-enactment - it's narrated by two archaeologist/historian/writers whom I don't know. The graphics are pretty poor, but that's not very important. If the other 7 discs are as good as this, it'll be 10 well spent. Unfortunately, there are still other discs in the set, and buying them individually isn't going to be value for money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 6 Mar 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Pompei revised and revisited and revisited., 26 Jun 2012
This review is from: Lost Treasures Of The Ancient World: Pompeii [DVD] (DVD)
A highly repetitive, and in consequence boring visit to Pompeii. At one third its length it would have been mildly interesting. Cannot possibly recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pompeii, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: Lost Treasures Of The Ancient World: Pompeii [DVD] (DVD)
Very average film. There is a lot better out there.
Only thing going for it was price very cheap at 2.50p.
Boring though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD, 27 Aug 2013
This review is from: Lost Treasures Of The Ancient World: Pompeii [DVD] (DVD)
Having been to Pompeii and Herculaneum this summer, this DVD has added to our interest in the Lost Treasures of the Ancient World. The DVD is very interesting. We absolutely loved Pompeii and Herculaneum.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Different Life, 28 Nov 2012
This review is from: Lost Treasures Of The Ancient World: Pompeii [DVD] (DVD)
It was nice to be able to sit down and watch this dvd as I hadn't long returned from Pompeii.It was lovely to see the parts we were unable to get to when we were there as time ran out on us. Which was annoying! I was very pleased with the speedy delivery and good condition of this dvd. Would use this seller again.

Lost Treasures Of The Ancient World: Pompeii [DVD]
Lost Treasures Of The Ancient World: Pompeii [DVD] by Lost Treasures of the Ancient World (DVD - 2003)
6.89